PDA

View Full Version : Giving up smoking

paiktis
09-02-2007, 23:52:02
I have failed once. I feel great cravings... but when I'm not in social contact I think I can manage to not light up as long as there is someone around I can punch. I really feel the need to punch someone. Then a friend calls and I say don't drop by because I'll punch you. But then we talk, she's cute but we can't really communicate (in my present mind communicating is the other to shut up and listen and say yes to everything) so then I light up. I'll get one of those things you clench with your fist and clench it all the time at the street, at home, at the job, clenching so I don't punch ssomeone. But then after just hours of not smoking the libido flares up. So maybe it's unrelentless sex the answer. And some nicorette chewing gum i had have expired.
punch punch punch punch

paiktis
09-02-2007, 23:53:27
violence and sex. there's something of primordial significance in this axis. at least when you're giving up smoking

paiktis
09-02-2007, 23:55:25
so that's why they don't outlaw it. there would be fighting and fucking all over the world. still it's better than c.
yes yes yes. i had an x-ray and the doc told me you smoke waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. way too much. and i laughed and he said is it a laughing matter? and i said it's not a crying matter either. and he said in any case it is not a laughing matter

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Greg W
10-02-2007, 01:54:11
I think you just need to find another way to let off steam (or deal with it) when you start craving. Meditation? Then, I'm not sure you're the type for that to work.

Snotty
10-02-2007, 02:00:34
the cravings only last for a few minutes

it sucks to last that time though

just avoid social situations for like 10 days when you try to quit and it is much easier after that (10 days ffs, thats why people dont quit)

paiktis
10-02-2007, 17:33:18
i can't avoid them ( i dont want to avoid them)...
i caved in a few times today but still thre's no comparison with 2 days before. much less smoking.

Funko
12-02-2007, 09:08:38
I think cutting down first makes giving up a lot easier. The withdrawl seems less.

Someone told me drinking orange juice helped the cravings, dunno if that's just psychosomatic or not but it seemed to help. Even if it's just the act of doing something else instead of smoking.

Didn't bother with gum or patches or anything, didn't seem like that'd help you get off the nicotine, just substitute one source for another. A friend of my parents has been on the nicotine gum for 20 years.