PDA

View Full Version : Google docs & spreadsheets

Drekkus
08-02-2007, 21:38:22
Anyone use it yet? i just tested it for a few moments, and it seems to be working pretty well, easy to use, using odf and pdf as standard document formats.

Soon you won't be needing any applications in your home pc. With a high speed broadband connection, everything can be done remote. All you need is an internet interface.

Asher
09-02-2007, 05:20:40
k

Drekkus
09-02-2007, 12:41:37
which means?

Venom
09-02-2007, 12:48:14
He's mocking you for not recognizing the extreme power of Excel and Word.

Funko
09-02-2007, 12:53:01
I haven't used it yet but I've read a few articles recently about how this kind of system is going to be the next big thing. Microsoft also have a rival I believe.

If this kind of thing it does take off as people are suggesting it could finally mean that people actually start using 'thin clients' and distrubuted computing in office environments.

A thin client is a pretty dumb computer that just allows you to connect to the server where all your documents and processing are done.

But, people have been saying that is going to take off soon for 10 years, so we'll see.

Sir Penguin
19-02-2007, 19:14:32
The Internet is going to need to be a hell of a lot more reliable before this replaces the PC.

SP

Funko
20-02-2007, 13:36:10
The internet is pretty reliable these days, and it's so critical to many businesses that they have really well managed connections. Anyway this is free and available from anywhere in the world. If I have a problem with home internet I can get it from a friend's house or work or something.

I'd have security concerns, but I can see the usefulness.