PDA

View Full Version : The Anonymous Skinhead

Resource Consumer
08-01-2007, 14:36:40
Well, I just got back from Latvia and as usual hd a most convivial time. However, I am beginning to conclude that the TV there is distinctly weird.

Consider this. Anonymity.

One day, there was a programme about AIDS in Latvia. The usual blah blah stuff with victims and studio audience etc. OK, to preserve the identities of participants the camera angle was carefully chosen and voices were disguised.

Well, no. Although the camera was initially positioned behind the heads of the victims, every time there was a shot of the audience you could see at least half or not all of the face as the camera panned. So much for that. The worst part was the voice disguising which seemed to involve a man with a helium balloon. How can you take a programme seriously when it sounds like Huey, Duey and Luey are talking about AIDS! Uncle Donald would be furious.

The next day the subject is skinheads and racism. So the programme interviews an anonymous skinhead. How do they do this? They turn his back to the camera and (no I am not making this up) cover his head with a long pony tailed wig! None of his mates can recognise him I suppose.

Do skinheads recognise eachother by the bumps on their heads?

Scabrous Birdseed
08-01-2007, 14:53:24
Oh they sped the voice up? The usual thing is slowing it down. There' built-in speed controls on modern studio editing consoles...

Venom
08-01-2007, 14:57:39
Maybe the skinhead has an easily identifiable tattoo on his head?

JM^3
08-01-2007, 15:28:01
Originally posted by Scabrous Birdseed
Oh they sped the voice up? The usual thing is slowing it down. There' built-in speed controls on modern studio editing consoles...

They did it for the comedy value.

JM