PDA

View Full Version : Saddam hanged.

Debaser
30-12-2006, 07:52:59
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/0E2C08A9-6269-4E5B-B694-C4388958DE07.htm

Not sure how I feel about it really, a bit weird more than anything. I guess this will be remembered as one of the defining moments of the early 21st Century, but it doesn't really seem like that right now, all seems a bit unreal.

mr_G
30-12-2006, 08:28:45
my guess is this will be laaik throwing fuel on a fire.
And jesjes it feels unreal and Medieval

HelloKitty
30-12-2006, 14:16:32
You damn commie freaks.

It means that we won!

What better way to lord our complete and ultimate victory over them than to kill their old leader in a 100% fair and transparent trial that was agreed the world over to be legitimate?

And you know it was the right thing to do because the people present at the execution danced and celebrated around the body. The heads of the govornment that controlled his conviction were just celebrating doing the right and fair thing.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
30-12-2006, 14:28:45
Well, no reason to cry over Saddam. It's just a pity that his death was a case of political murder, not an act of justice. But as the second best option...

C.G.B. Spender
30-12-2006, 18:45:02
He was irrelevant once he got caught anyway

Oerdin
30-12-2006, 18:51:26
Yep.

Debaser
30-12-2006, 19:07:09
He was good in the sense that he kept Iraq on the front pages of newspapers. I fear now he's gone the war will get less and less media attention at a time when it probably needs it the most (what with Bush's revised strategy announcement due in the new year etc).

Dyl Ulenspiegel
30-12-2006, 19:14:50
Originally posted by Debaser
Bush's revised strategy

:lol:

Koshko
30-12-2006, 19:22:46
It's largely meaningless. I await the comical parody videos.

the Fin
30-12-2006, 20:57:48
He was good in the sense that he kept Iraq on the front pages of newspapers. I fear now he's gone the war will get less and less media attention at a time when it probably needs it the most (what with Bush's revised strategy announcement due in the new year etc). iran???

Kitsuki
30-12-2006, 21:26:22
Well, I'm very disappointed in the UK government...

We have spent decades opposing capital punishment, saying its unacceptable, but then the government gave tacit approval to Saddam's hanging. :/

Koshko
30-12-2006, 22:50:10
http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/saddam_hanged_600.jpg

HelloKitty
30-12-2006, 22:52:57
I wonder if the video release will have the dance party included.

Koshko
30-12-2006, 23:33:03
I just want a photoshop of him hanging with Lynndie England doing the point with the caption "OWNED" on it.

DaShi
31-12-2006, 01:14:58
Originally posted by HelloKitty

It'll be hosted by Ryan Seacrest as well.

Oerdin
31-12-2006, 03:57:16
The video is already on youtube.

C.G.B. Spender
31-12-2006, 08:34:44
Hang the DJ!

the Fin
01-01-2007, 18:39:26

Diss
02-01-2007, 04:34:48
seems kind of meaningless to me. I think people will forget about him quickly. It's not like he was Hitler or anybody. He really was just a two bit dictator.

MoSe
02-01-2007, 07:50:40
hmmmm... care to compare his murders with Pinochet's?

Anyway, capital punishment is wrong. Too easy way out for him.
In his case, thanks to modern technology, it would have been much better to keep him alive an torture him 24/7 for the next 40 years at least.

Diss
02-01-2007, 08:03:59
yes Britney Spears music would have been fitting. and make him watch mary kate and ashley olsen movies.

Funko
02-01-2007, 09:35:04

It'll be on the DVD extras.

Saddam Dance Party is coming out for PS2 in spring.

No-one from the British government is saying anything about this, officially and personally they are pretty much all against the death penalty on principle.

Debaser
02-01-2007, 09:54:34
Yeah, and there's really nothing they could say even if they wanted to. Kitsuki is wrong to be "...very disappointed in the UK government". We're supposedly supporting and helping Iraq set up and run a proper democratic system/government, so it would be a bit rude to then step in and start telling them what they can or should do.

Funko
02-01-2007, 10:01:56

Yeah, we'd never dare do that would we.

Debaser
02-01-2007, 10:13:53
Ok, well not twice in such quick succession...

MoSe
02-01-2007, 10:16:14
Our current PM dared to comment against the execution, and they retorted: "remember what you did to Mussolini"

Nills Lagerbaak
02-01-2007, 10:31:07
It's all a big farce. He should have been hanged for the real stuff he did, but that might have exposed some western double standards. What happens to the victims of the 100,000 or so people he gassed, do they feel they got justice?

Funko
02-01-2007, 10:34:58
What are you talking about? He was tried for Genocide.

Nills Lagerbaak
02-01-2007, 10:40:08
He was tried for killing 160 ish people in a revenge attack for an attempted assasination. Not the killing of many more people.

King_Ghidra
02-01-2007, 10:40:58
As Nils said, i think he was tried for one incident invlving the deaths of a few hundred. They didn't try him for the big atrocities of his reign.

Debaser
02-01-2007, 10:44:41
I think I read somewhere that he was charged with them, it's just that this trial came first, and under Iraqi law if you're sentenced to something while still awaiting trial for something else the sentencing goes ahead anyway...

Still a bit of a cop out I guess, but not one without precedent.

MOBIUS
02-01-2007, 10:48:57
That's what pisses me off the most: Justice was not done!:rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned history will show that Saddam only killed 148 people, and only after people tried to kill him in that city...

Nills Lagerbaak
02-01-2007, 10:54:47
Yeah, if that's justice then....:rolleyes:

In the end an angry mob and the press get some satisfaction.

Nills Lagerbaak
02-01-2007, 10:55:51
I think I read somewhere that he was charged with them, it's just that this trial came first, and under Iraqi law if you're sentenced to something while still awaiting trial for something else the sentencing goes ahead anyway...

That's the reason they did that one first. So they could kill him without the real crimes getting in the way.

King_Ghidra
02-01-2007, 10:59:17
Well let's face it, whatever the political motivations of the USA and others in seeing saddam hanged, this is about a catharsis for the majority of the iraqi population. It's the finest tradition of revolutions and suchlike that the old leader is strung up with his his nuts in his mouth.

Nills Lagerbaak
02-01-2007, 11:03:46
Hmm, nothing like progress.

Funko
02-01-2007, 11:05:41

Yeah, I think that's right. Of all the things to be critical of about this trial etc, this isn't something I had a problem with.

Prosecutors pretty much everywhere will tactically choose prosecute the offence that's easiest to prove.

I don't see the difference between him being executed for that offence or any of the others he was charged with.

Funko
02-01-2007, 11:06:44
Originally posted by Nills Lagerbaak
That's the reason they did that one first. So they could kill him without the real crimes getting in the way.

You don't think the murder of 148 people is a real crime?

Nills Lagerbaak
02-01-2007, 11:09:36
Not in relative terms.

Funko
02-01-2007, 11:16:44
You should be a politician.

MoSe
02-01-2007, 11:17:56
cos' you're not a victim's relative

Nills Lagerbaak
02-01-2007, 11:28:51
Originally posted by Funko
You should be a politician.

Yeuch, no thanks.

I think the crime with the most victims should be done first irrespective if it'd be harder or more embarassing to prove. This way Sadam is committed as am murderer with the West sharing no responsibilty for his crimes.

Funko
02-01-2007, 11:35:32
And if they don't have the evidence to prove that one and he's found innoccent they look like total idiots and it jeopardises the other trials. So they go for the easiest conviction. It's a sensible decision IMO.

I don't buy the "west sharing responsibility" thing.

maroule
02-01-2007, 11:36:19
the west is not responsible for him gazing the Kurds or the Shia... it's not because you sell weapons you create the conditions for a genocide... genocides happen irrespective of the tools available, it only takes tireless arms (Rwanda is the most recent example)

as for the west being cynical and double-standardish, I don't think anybody half awake has any doubts on that

Funko
02-01-2007, 11:36:59
Yes, exactly.

Nills Lagerbaak
02-01-2007, 11:43:37
Well I disagree. If you sell someone weapons then turn a blind eye when they misuse them, I think they share responsibility.

Funko
02-01-2007, 11:50:50
It seems he was also being tried for the gassing offence too, not sure how that continues now.

http://www.france24.com/france24Public/en/archives/news/middle-east/20061219-saddam-trial.html

Dyl Ulenspiegel
02-01-2007, 11:50:53
And if they don't have the evidence to prove that one and he's found innoccent they look like total idiots and it jeopardises the other trials. So they go for the easiest conviction. It's a sensible decision IMO.

I don't buy the "west sharing responsibility" thing.

It should have been one trial covering most of his crimes. Of course much of the "West" didn't care and supported him as long as he kept the oil flowing from the gulf, so an open trial would have been very interesting. Too interesting.

Anyway, unfortunately it is quite unlikely that Bush and co will also hang for their crimes. Pretty much still vae victis, maybe "progress" is just a stupid propaganda phrase,

Funko
02-01-2007, 11:54:11
They would have run out of Lawyers and Judges with a trial that long. (progress?)

MoSe
02-01-2007, 12:20:19
Back in the '80s my "agent" asked me to go teach a few Lotus 1-2-3 courses at Oto Melara, a name probably infamous enough for you to know it.
Although it mainly produces weapon systems, at the time it was sadly involved in the production of antipersonnel landmines (later it converted to the mine-clearing business...).
Well, I refused.
Of course I wouldn't have been "responsible" for the mutilations caused by the mines, had I teached the company's accountants how to keep the small accounting using Lotus.
But I'd have nevertheless felt ashamed of myself.

MOBIUS
02-01-2007, 12:28:07
Hear hear, MoSe!

Saddam's 'trial' represents a whitewash IMO...

Kitsuki
02-01-2007, 12:30:08
Ok, well not twice in such quick succession...

They have however given tacit approval. Beckett said something like "it's Iraqi justice, fit he should be convicted under such a thing" which is utter shite imho.

The whole Iraq War is a mess and was based on a huge lie, and it's distressing that Iraq as a country still hasn't improved. We have been intervening is Basra (the police station incident last week anyone?), in the constitution and so on - I think we should also be opposing the death penalty actively as is normal for the UK.

Debaser
02-01-2007, 12:32:29
She also said "We do not support the use of the death penalty... we advocate an end to the death penalty worldwide, regardless of the individual or the crime."

Kitsuki
02-01-2007, 12:46:18
It was very meek opposition in response to criticism that no opposition had been given. Tacit approval. It's also unbelievable for her to claim we are treating Iraq as a sovereign nation, when clearly we have not been.

MOBIUS
02-01-2007, 12:53:27
You know the DP is wrong when even the Tories are against it...:p

Dyl Ulenspiegel
02-01-2007, 13:14:25
Originally posted by Kitsuki
It's also unbelievable for her to claim we are treating Iraq as a sovereign nation, when clearly we have not been.

Nobody should. It's a US colony - a messy, unruly one, but still their colony.

King_Ghidra
02-01-2007, 13:34:22
i'm not sure if you're being tongue in cheek or what, but in the case that you're being serious, are you saying you think the iraqi government is a puppet government?

if so what would need to happen before you considered it a government in its own right?

(by the way i don't really have an opinion either way but i'm intrigued)

Kitsuki
02-01-2007, 13:39:52
I think puppet is too strong a term, but I think it is far too constrained to be termed a sovereign government. Incidents like another country's army blowing up one of your police stations and superceding your army and police force in authority definitely does not make you sovereign.

A sovereign government also has the ability to do whatever it likes - the US enforced a lot of provisos on their power - for example they arent permitted to break into different constituent parts. If the Iraqi government asked today "Could all US and UK forces leave immediately" - do you think they would?

Kitsuki
02-01-2007, 13:42:20
At any rate, I feel duped and angry that I was tricked into supporting the war on the WMD argument. Absolute disgrace, and that war should not have happened. I don't think you can force people to be free, even if removing a tyrant like Saddam was to be a nice bonus to eliminating the "threat" of WMD.

King_Ghidra
02-01-2007, 13:50:24
I think puppet is too strong a term, but I think it is far too constrained to be termed a sovereign government. Incidents like another country's army blowing up one of your police stations and superceding your army and police force in authority definitely does not make you sovereign.

A sovereign government also has the ability to do whatever it likes - the US enforced a lot of provisos on their power - for example they arent permitted to break into different constituent parts. If the Iraqi government asked today "Could all US and UK forces leave immediately" - do you think they would?

Take your points in the first paragraph, absolutely.

As for the second, well that's partly true, but all governments have de facto limits on their powers. There are lots of things the british govt *could* do but clearly never actually would.

I can see the iraqi government is not in total control of its own country, for various reasons, but equally, i'm not sure how one defines a government which is. For example, there are foreign troops on the soil of many countries around the world, that alone is not an issue in defining autonomy.

But i'm not an expert on those limitations which you talked about regarding what the iraqi government does have the power to do. I defer to anyone here who has more detailed knowledge.

Kitsuki
02-01-2007, 14:07:20
There is quite a big difference between, say, American airbases situated in the UK and the troops in Iraq actively policing (worrying also in that I think armed forces and the police operate in different manners - police look after the population - armed forces train primarily to destroy the enemy (less so in the case of the UK, with all of the experience garnered in Northern Ireland.))

Kitsuki
02-01-2007, 14:08:37
In terms of constraint, I think the UK government is constrained by the general will of the populace, by constitutional obligations and international treaties - all well and good.

Iraq is also constrained by what the US wants to occur, which is where I think the line is crossed.

Funko
02-01-2007, 14:09:41
Anyway back to the point, it cannot be denied that with all this abuse in hs final minutes, Saddam really was not well hung.

the Fin
02-01-2007, 14:16:31
he was hung laaik a horse wasn't he?

maroule
02-01-2007, 14:22:22
another essential point to determine wether it's a puppet gouvernment: would it fall if the foreign forces withdrew...

balance that against " foreign troops on the soil of many countries around the world" to determine which ones wouldn't see the difference (the UK, since we're talking about it) and others which would collapse immediately (Iraq, south Vietnam in another era, etc.). Iraq is much less of a puppet government than South Vietnam was, because of very respectable elections, but it's still non viable on its own

Dyl Ulenspiegel
02-01-2007, 14:40:47
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
i'm not sure if you're being tongue in cheek or what, but in the case that you're being serious, are you saying you think the iraqi government is a puppet government?

if so what would need to happen before you considered it a government in its own right?

Just a few points:

The iraqi government has no reliable control over any forces (military or police), neither has it the moral authority that could compensate for that.
As a consequence, the iraqi government depends on the US for its very existance.
The US has retained a sort of veto power in the constutional process. Also IIRC, there are serious restraints as far as legislative autonomy is concerned; for example, the Bremer-regulations for "privatization" of certain Iraqi assets - in gross violation of international law - have been made untouchable. That may have been revoked, but I don't think so.
Furthermore, the US intervened in the setting up of the Iraqi government.
Overall, the options of the Iraqi government are extremely limited. Vis-a-vis the US, it only has room to manouver in so far as the US vice-roy in Baghdad has to grant it to keep up the facade.

The Mad Monk
02-01-2007, 17:15:13
Were the Governments of the Axis Powers puppets at the end of WWII?

Funko
02-01-2007, 17:15:44
Yep.

maroule
02-01-2007, 17:23:35
?
you mean the transition gvts after WWII, in the ex axis powers?

I don't seem to remember 3000 US soldiers / X thousands of civilians dying in terrorist bombings or sniping in Germany, Italy or Japan, and certainly not any risk of ethnic civil war

Dyl Ulenspiegel
02-01-2007, 18:08:50
MM: If you mean post ww-2 governments in eg the german Laender, Austria and Japan: Yes, of course. Although their position was a bit more stable.

HelloKitty
02-01-2007, 23:31:16
It was very meek opposition in response to criticism that no opposition had been given. Tacit approval. It's also unbelievable for her to claim we are treating Iraq as a sovereign nation, when clearly we have not been.

It wasn't tacit approval.

Saddam was tried and hung by Iraq rather than the US because of the UK. Don't you remember when he was caught they needed to come up with an elaborate way to execute him without the US being responsible because of british law forbidding the UK participating in Iraq if the ally was executing anyone?

The Brits came up with this solution. He was going to die regardless, this way they could give him the same unfair trial without the political problems.

Oerdin
03-01-2007, 00:39:03

By that definition West and East Germany (maybe even Austria) were colonies right up to 1990. Me thinks they weren't dispite the occassional enforcement of the articles of surrender (such as warrentless wire tapes at will without the consent of German judges).

SuperCitizen
03-01-2007, 06:03:54
People are thinking way too much about this thing. He was a cocksucker, and got the end of a cocksucker.

Sure, there are lots of suckers out there, many of who will not face the same thing. But, I'm not going to apologize for the others, because there's still one less cocksucker left.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
03-01-2007, 08:02:06
Originally posted by Oerdin
By that definition West and East Germany (maybe even Austria) were colonies right up to 1990. Me thinks they weren't dispite the occassional enforcement of the articles of surrender (such as warrentless wire tapes at will without the consent of German judges).

As far as Austria is concerned, all rights of the occupying powers ended in 1955. For west germany, most were eliminated in 1954/55. There are some other differences: Those governments would not have fallen with the occupiers withdrawing; the occupiers mostly acted within their duties under international law; they did not seek control over the countries resources (at least after 1949).

HelloKitty
03-01-2007, 12:22:37
Originally posted by SuperCitizen
People are thinking way too much about this thing. He was a cocksucker, and got the end of a cocksucker.

Sure, there are lots of suckers out there, many of who will not face the same thing. But, I'm not going to apologize for the others, because there's still one less cocksucker left.

Yep. It was worth the 3k+ American soliders, the tens of thousands of Iraqis, and the unnumbered contractors lives, not to mention the people who are still alive trying to deal with this in order for us to assassinate a cocksucker.

King_Ghidra
03-01-2007, 12:50:15
Here's an interesting take on the subject from Richard Dawkins

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/richard_dawkins/2007/01/post_858.html

Special Ed
03-01-2007, 17:11:02
Yaaay!

maroule
03-01-2007, 17:44:52
yeah, I saw that article

I don't really agree with it. I think Saddam was just a bully who got lucky. You have thousands of them running around in minor positions, who'd turn hitler-like if they were able to get to the top, in a country without check and balances, or at a particularly specific time. See Milosevitch and countless others...

In other words, it's interesting to see how he rose to power, but a psychological study of him would yield nothing really enlightening. There were better arguments for keeping him alive.

SuperCitizen
03-01-2007, 19:14:47
HelloKitty, that's not what I claimed.

Fistandantilus
03-01-2007, 20:46:01
Does it matter?

HelloKitty
04-01-2007, 00:46:45
HelloKitty, that's not what I claimed.

Then you should edit what you typed so it doesn't say exactly that.

SuperCitizen
04-01-2007, 03:00:35
I never ever said that. Why don't you learn to read and stop being such a stupid fuckstick?

JM^3
04-01-2007, 04:11:31
I keep seeing this (By accident) and it makes me feel sick.

I can watch tons of violence and gore in movies, but when I know that it is real, it becomes unpleasent.

JM

HelloKitty
04-01-2007, 12:05:13
I never ever said that. Why don't you learn to read and stop being such a stupid fuckstick?

Nope, looked again. Thats pretty much exactly what you said. Sorry to point out your lack of basic literacy in front of everyone like that. I'm sure you have had a rough life covering up your ignorance.

:(

MOBIUS
04-01-2007, 12:35:44
Don't worry, it's all been well documented before...:lol:

SuperCitizen
04-01-2007, 13:49:00
HelloKitty, I know that you have difficult time reading, cockbreath. Why don't you point it out, or is your defense going to be, "it's too obvious"? If it's too obvious, entertain me and do it. Otherwise I have to conclude, that the cuntmuscle you are, you can't, because that's just simply not what I said, nor what I implicated.

Ta-ta, jizz face.

MOBIUS
04-01-2007, 14:01:39
:lol::lol::lol:

Case in point!

SuperCitizen
04-01-2007, 15:30:10
I never claimed it was worth of the lives of soldiers, or the war.

So, you are a stupid whore, a liar, and you probably have to endure extreme pain in your near future, for which I will not be sorry at all.

SuperCitizen
04-01-2007, 16:50:55
Was that too much? I'm sorry HelloKitty.

HelloKitty
05-01-2007, 01:17:14
3 posts? Are you trying to convince me, or yourself?

Just accept it. You think, and said that killing saddam was worth tens of thousands of innocents, 3k of our people, and a civil war.

Let it all out. You couldn't look worse than you do now.

SuperCitizen
05-01-2007, 03:16:44
I never said it. The only mistake I did was that I apologized you. I thought I went too far and that I might have offended you. Clearly I didn't offend you enough.

The Mad Monk
05-01-2007, 07:04:05
Dude.

Trying to offend Hellokitty is like trying offend Venom.

I'd say quit while you were behind, but you're not even on the track yet.

HelloKitty
05-01-2007, 12:08:55
You shouldn't have apologized to me. You should have apologized to all the widows, to all the orphans, to all the parents who lost thier children, all because you and Bush needed to assassinate Saddam.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
05-01-2007, 13:08:22
The bowels of death have struck again.

btw, I found this a funny read: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/04/AR2007010401347.html

One of the neofascist media clowns getting second thoughts, now that's unexpected...

MOBIUS
05-01-2007, 13:21:59
Especially considering I agree with a lot he has to say...

Dyl Ulenspiegel
05-01-2007, 13:32:25
Well, it confirms that many war supporters are not really evil, just stupid.

King_Ghidra
05-01-2007, 13:42:37
Krauthammer is a great name though.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
05-01-2007, 13:46:05
True. And he even sounds a bit sauer.

MOBIUS
05-01-2007, 14:22:16
Definitely would have been useful 60-odd years ago

Colon
05-01-2007, 14:31:59
And Mubarak states what a lot of people were probably sensing anyway: Hanging 'makes martyr of Saddam' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6233951.stm
)

King_Ghidra
05-01-2007, 14:35:49
i don't really agree with that though. what's the alternative, that he sits in a cell for the rest of his life and his supporters continue to dream of the day when he emerges from captivity like some perverse nelson mandela to lead a new iraq?

not that i'm pro-capital punishment per se, but i just don't buy the idea that hussein is more inspirational to insurgents dead than alive

Funko
05-01-2007, 16:09:56
Apparently 2 kids, one in the US and one in Pakistan have hanged themselves in copycat hangings after all the TV repeats of this video.

JM^3
05-01-2007, 16:25:38
The TV repeats are sick...

JM

King_Ghidra
05-01-2007, 16:31:51
Apparently 2 kids, one in the US and one in Pakistan have hanged themselves in copycat hangings after all the TV repeats of this video.

while some other kids jeered them and shouted moqtada?

because you know, otherwise they were just hangings rather than copycats

Funko
05-01-2007, 16:41:55
I can't speak for the quality of the reconstructions, they may have been poorly executed* copycats

Pakistani child imitating Saddam's hanging dies

1 hour, 14 minutes ago

MULTAN, Pakistan (AFP) - A young boy who tried to copy hanging scenes from the execution video of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein died in central Pakistan, police said.

Mubashar Ali, 9, hanged himself, while re-enacting Hussein's hanging with the help of elder sister, 10, after tying a rope to a ceiling fan and his neck in his home in Rahim Yar Khan district Sunday, a local police official said.

The father of the deceased boy said that his children had been watching the video of Saddam Hussein's execution on television and attempted to imitate the hanging as other family members thought they were playing in another room.

"My wife and sister rushed to rescue Mubashar when children cried for help from the adjoining room, but he died due to hanging," Alamgir Paracha, father of Mubashar, told AFP.

Police said that the death was accidental and a case of parental negligence.

"It was an accident which happened due to carelessness of parents," district police chief Sultan Ahmad told AFP.

Images of the fallen Iraqi dictator with a noose around his neck, surrounded by executioners in balaclavas, were repeatedly telecast by Pakistani television channels at the weekend.

January 04,2007 | HOUSTON -- Police and family members said a 10-year-old boy who died by hanging himself from a bunk bed was apparently mimicking the execution of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

Sergio Pelico was found dead Sunday in his apartment bedroom in the Houston-area city of Webster, said Webster police Lt. Tom Claunch. Pelico's mother told police he had previously watched a news report on Saddam's death.

"It appears to be accidental," Claunch said. "Our gut reaction is that he was experimenting."

An autopsy of the fifth-grader's body was pending.

Julio Gustavo, Sergio's uncle, said the boy was a happy and curious child.

He said Sergio had watched TV news with another uncle on Saturday and asked the uncle about Saddam's death.

"His uncle told him it was because Saddam was real bad," Gustavo said. "He (Sergio) said, 'OK.' And that was it."

http://www.salon.com/wire/ap/archive.html?wire=D8MEI00G0.html

*If Venom hadn't broken it I'd be going to hell for that pun.

MOBIUS
05-01-2007, 16:44:58
Trust Funko to come up with gallows humour...

MOBIUS
05-01-2007, 16:45:55
The 2nd kid looks like he got experimented rather than executed!

Beta1
05-01-2007, 20:43:07
(from the krauthammer article)

Of the 6 billion people on this Earth, not one killed more people than Saddam Hussein.

I'm sure theres a few other dictators/presidents for lifes etc. that might be in the running

Dyl Ulenspiegel
05-01-2007, 21:08:56
Depends on the definition of "kill" - directly, Bush is in the running with say 50000 Iraqis; including the civil war he has triggered maybe 500000; Myanmar's military Junta, the Taliban...

Some contestants are departed, like Milosevic, Pol Pot, Nixon......

HelloKitty
06-01-2007, 14:04:21

Great, now we will have to hear Jack Thompson whine about it.