PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Iain A New Handset

*End Is Forever*
20-12-2006, 19:27:49
My phone contract expires just after Christmas, which is probably just as well as I managed to misplace my phone earlier in the week.

The prices seem to have gone down significantly and the contracts all seem to be much better value than a year ago, so I can't really lose out call-wise whatever I choose, but I have absolutely no idea about handsets.

What do you recommend?

*End Is Forever*
20-12-2006, 21:23:12
I've been looking at the SE k800i. Can someone tell me if that would be making a horrible mistake?

Oerdin
20-12-2006, 22:50:05
I've pretty much decided to go with the Samsung Blackjack world band phone unless something way better for the money pops up. With a 1 year contract you can get the phone for between $150-$199.

SuperCitizen
20-12-2006, 23:03:55
If you insist calling it a handset, then you really should get one of these:

http://www.smileystation.com/cfs/cfs-images/old-phone.jpg

*End Is Forever*
20-12-2006, 23:15:42
Originally posted by Oerdin
I've pretty much decided to go with the Samsung Blackjack world band phone unless something way better for the money pops up. With a 1 year contract you can get the phone for between $150-$199.

You have to pay for the phone if you sign up for a contract? :eek:

Most phones here are free with a contract of any substance whatsoever...

SuperCitizen
20-12-2006, 23:24:16
Well, in here you can choose all kinds of services.. you can buy the phone, you can get a deal that gives you the service plus phone..

it keeps the competition level high. Service alone in here is practically free. As in like,... 1 cent per hour, all hours (no difference between night and day).

paiktis
21-12-2006, 01:39:57
Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
I've been looking at the SE k800i. Can someone tell me if that would be making a horrible mistake?

They look nice don't they? And they have a good, as it would seem at first, price/performance ratio when compared with Nokia. But some other SE models have shown great fragility and untrustworthyness. Parts of them break down easily, like the connector for the hands free. And they're serious flows that cost like 40 euros to fix. Just be sure to check that this particular model doesn't have any such issues. From my and other peoples experience, some SE models break down easily.