PDA

View Full Version : CG Worst Threads of the Year 2006


Funko
20-12-2006, 14:16:49
The Nominees (so far), please add your own.


Venom for 3, 2, 1 BLAST OFF!!! The PS3 has launched

Provost Harrison for Drinking in the nudist colony, a photo diary.

KrazyHorse for Let's talk aboot really complicated physics.

Lurker for The things I don't know

MOBIUS for Harry Redknapp, manager of the year?

MOBIUS for Is poly dying?

MOBIUS for Potentially contaminated with Needyourbum

MOBIUS for It's hot - but climate research is being cut

MOBIUS for George Bush v Witchdoctor - Who would win?

MOBIUS for Anyone know of a Netto supermarket nearby...?

MOBIUS for Best UK landline/Broadband combi?

Oerdin for Winston claims he routinely thrashes Laz

Drekkus for Being Drekkus

MrG for How I spent Europe's taxes

maroule for I told you so!

Lazarus and the Gimp
20-12-2006, 14:18:13
This one, for omitting the poll.

Venom
20-12-2006, 14:19:08
I wish I could argue against my nomination but that was terrible. Almost as disasterous as the PS3 launch itself.

the Fin
20-12-2006, 14:19:51
HANS WORST!!!

the Fin
20-12-2006, 14:24:14
Lurker for EVE online *boring**boring**boring*

the Fin
20-12-2006, 14:24:41
Lurker for the Oreoleorius thread.

the Fin
20-12-2006, 14:25:42
JM for every damn post he posted........most brilliant one the one in the second Dynamite thread

Venom
20-12-2006, 14:26:19
Mobius for Any and every thread he's ever posted other than a leaving forever thread.

MOBIUS
20-12-2006, 14:26:36
Hmmm, that Harry Redknapp one must go down as most embarrassing thread I have ever posted due to HR's amazing u-turn of fortunes literally weeks after I started that thread...:o:o:o

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:29:47
That was one of the ones I made up.

Drekkus
20-12-2006, 14:30:39
Links, I need links. I can't even recal my own thread, let alone the others.

maroule
20-12-2006, 14:32:41
Venom's blast off is just head and shoulders above the rest...

the one time he musters some kind of positive enthusiasm, it misfires oh so horribly

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:33:47
Only some of them are real threads. *sigh*

I said to Venom on MSN I bet some people don't realise most of these are titles I made up.

Provost Harrison's photo diary of drinking in a nudist colony!?! You think you wouldn't remember that one?

Drekkus
20-12-2006, 14:35:04
You think I would have opened that one had it been real???

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:35:19
Yes.

Drekkus
20-12-2006, 14:35:46
No way

Venom
20-12-2006, 14:36:12
Originally posted by maroule
Venom's blast off is just head and shoulders above the rest...

the one time he musters some kind of positive enthusiasm, it misfires oh so horribly

I was trying to revive the gaming news biz, and it died horribly, just like the last, few, tiny remnants of my pride.

Good riddance news! Who needs you?

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:36:17
You wouldn't be able to help yourself.

JM^3
20-12-2006, 14:38:57
I wondered if I had been gone for a week or something.

JM

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:39:57
:lol: (really laughing out loud) JM - Poster of the year. :beer:

Drekkus
20-12-2006, 14:43:25
Why's that post particularly funny?

Fistandantilus
20-12-2006, 14:46:04
^ Drekkus and JM, being themselves.

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:48:37
Jon Miller logs into CG, seeing a load of threads he didn't recognise nominated here and his immediate reaction is that he might have been gone a week without realising.

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:48:58
Originally posted by Fistandantilus
^ Drekkus and JM, being themselves.

True. :beer:

King_Ghidra
20-12-2006, 14:49:32
I would like to nominate one of the many threads MoSe used to post his darkstarish rants regarding Italian footballers diving

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:50:35
You mean, assisting the referee to make the correct decision.

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:52:08
Another nominee:

Venom for 3, 2, 1 BLAST OFF!!! The PS3 has launched

(the second one)

Venom
20-12-2006, 14:52:13
It's only diving if JoSAY is not your manager.

Drekkus
20-12-2006, 14:54:30
Originally posted by Funko
Jon Miller logs into CG, seeing a load of threads he didn't recognise nominated here and his immediate reaction is that he might have been gone a week without realising. Ehm, yes, ok, that's indeed funny.

Mr. Bas
20-12-2006, 14:55:05
I vote for the huge MoSe/Maroule whinefests during the World Cup as well. Although the effort put into those threads must have been huge.

Venom
20-12-2006, 14:57:29
I nominate Funko for his classic "I fuck sheep and I like it."

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:58:24
Oerdin for Where did all the hot female posters go?

King_Ghidra
20-12-2006, 14:58:36
Originally posted by Venom
I nominate Funko for his classic "I fuck sheep and I like it."

that wasn't a bad thread, in fact it was very educational

Funko
20-12-2006, 14:58:57
Great X post. :lol:

Frozen Frog
20-12-2006, 14:59:19
I posted something about Moose fucking once. Isn't that worth some derision?

maroule
20-12-2006, 15:00:16
All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in the rain.

Funko
20-12-2006, 15:00:30
Bah, KG edited his X-post.

King_Ghidra
20-12-2006, 15:01:08
:cute:

Funko
20-12-2006, 15:01:13
Originally posted by Frozen Frog
I posted something about Moose fucking once. Isn't that worth some derision?

Speaking of Moose Fucking.

I also want to nominate KrazyHorse for "Oh Canada!"

Venom
20-12-2006, 15:01:53
an edited x-post is almost as bad as an x-fear

Fistandantilus
20-12-2006, 15:02:07
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
I would like to nominate one of the many threads MoSe used to post his darkstarish rants regarding Italian footballers diving

You seem to ignore the fact that he flew to Liverpool last week.
He's the mind behind the attempt to sue Mourinho for saying Andy Johnson is a diver.

Funko
20-12-2006, 15:03:05
He flew to liverpool?

Venom
20-12-2006, 15:07:03
Boy his arms must be tired.

Funko
20-12-2006, 15:07:37
:lol:

King_Ghidra
20-12-2006, 15:43:35
Here are some other nominations:

Funko special (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13196)

erotic geek fan-fic (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32426)

Typical Spartak effort (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32924)

This is a real contender. Asher + Ming + Poly = Hell (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33377)

A Vincent bid (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34695)

there are more but i'm bored now

Fistandantilus
20-12-2006, 15:53:45
Even the worst one can be threadjacked into something funny - FACT

Drekkus
20-12-2006, 17:52:31
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
Here are some other nominations:

Funko special (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13196)

erotic geek fan-fic (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32426)

Typical Spartak effort (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32924)

This is a real contender. Asher + Ming + Poly = Hell (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33377)

A Vincent bid (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34695)

there are more but i'm bored now Some of those are pretty funny :lol:

Funko
20-12-2006, 17:53:45
Mine was from 2003!

Venom
20-12-2006, 18:07:53
It was that bad.

Lurker the Second
20-12-2006, 18:42:37
I don't remember that thread you say I started, so it must be lies.

Vincent
20-12-2006, 19:00:22
I nominate this very thread

Oerdin
20-12-2006, 19:23:52
I made the list. I'm so proud.

Chris
21-12-2006, 06:59:03
I can happily say I did not recieve a nomination.