PDA

View Full Version : Pissed Bishop

fp
11-12-2006, 14:16:13
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6168393.stm
Police have said they are not treating an incident involving the Bishop of Southwark as a mugging.
The Right Reverend Tom Butler suffered head injuries and lost his mobile phone and briefcase after a drinks reception at the Irish embassy on 5 December.

He reported the matter to police thinking he been robbed near his home in Streatham, south London.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said it was not being treated as a mugging but as a case of missing property.

In The Guardian newspaper the bishop is reported as saying: "The problem is, I don't remember anything. This has been a difficulty from the start.

A DRINKS reception at the IRISH embassy? :beer:

:lol:

He obviously got totally legless, and then lost his stuff and banged his head on the way home. It's tempting to say that he should be prosecuted for wasting police time.

Funko
11-12-2006, 14:17:39
He could have been robbed though

fp
11-12-2006, 14:19:35
I'm sure all of us have - at one time or another - woken up after a night on the piss to find we've lost our phone/wallet/watch/etc and with some mysterious bumps and scrapes. I bet none of us bothered to call the police and the reason is that we bloody well know what happened, even if we can't actually remember every detail.

Funko
11-12-2006, 14:22:09
And I'm sure we've all woken up with a sore ass and no memory when Self Biased's been in town.

MOBIUS
11-12-2006, 15:40:07
If he pissed on himself, would he also be a Stinking Bishop?