PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

Darkstar
26-04-2002, 07:02:15
Ok...

I'd like to write on a story...

There are a few older stories I could easily work on. But it doesn't seem proper to take something that might have been posted elsewhere, and move them to here. For instance...

I'd like to continue my story at FFZ... but I don't feel like continuing it there. Would it be mean to bring that story over hear? I don't think the people I'd like to share it with bother to check FFZ.

And I liked my 'Simple Tale'... but it was started at ACOL, and the other contributors to it aren't all around to get their permission to move it. I did save off all the ACOL stories... in case I wanted to cull out my contributions and turn them into a full featured story project on my home machine.

Considering who we have here... why isn't there any real forum stories chugging along slowly here?

Guy
26-04-2002, 12:29:15
MikeH started one back aways, but it was before this place got very populated and seems to have fizzled out. Most of the writers here are more inclined towards producing articles for the front page (which would seem to me to be a good thing for the site). As for myself, there are several personal projects that I'm puzzling through at the moment and nothing here has yet suggested itself to me as a good forum theme. We tend to be pretty self parodying anyway, so it's hard to come up with much that hasn't already been done to death.

I wouldn't mind an open story or two, but don't have any real ideas for one at the moment.

Venom
26-04-2002, 12:42:56
I'm too damn lazy to write anything. I didn't used to be this lazy if you can believe that.

Sean
26-04-2002, 17:06:36
Because we are so protective of our ideas. Besides, I never liked collaborative fiction. Too hard to read.

Lady_of_Chicken
26-04-2002, 22:15:55
Hey, you can count on me, Darkstar!

Let's start something new. I like the on-line collaboration because it's a good exercise and helps me stay in writing shape.

It also gets ideas going like nothing else. :)

One thing I find is that the more I write the more I have to write.

Do you want to pick something or shall I?

Let me know. Either way, we should start a new thread just to keep the story note free.

So far we have two yays and two or three who may get involved anyway. :p

I say, go for it!

Darkstar
27-04-2002, 00:01:42
Well... I am game for most things Dona. You know me. When I get the itch to write, I can only ignore it for so long until I have to *write*! You start, and I'll follow. I find if I start something, people tend to just look at it, rather then join in the fun.

Sean, I find that, being a programmer, I am only protective of ideas dealing with code. Writing is a recreation for me, and nothing more. An outlet. An excuse for a trip down Unfettered Imagination Lane.

Sean
27-04-2002, 08:28:47
How about one of those random story generators, then? Most of them provide challenging combinations, although some of them are just ridiculous. If you’re just looking to write on anything, then you could do worse.

Darkstar
28-04-2002, 04:26:24
Dona is the one who likes other people stirring up her stuff. :D

walruskkkch
28-04-2002, 20:20:28
WHatever happened to "Too many cooks.."?

Darkstar
29-04-2002, 03:50:30
Well, unless it's a silly OSS, we don't tend to have 'too many cooks', do we? Maybe 4 to 5 writers... and most swapping off at taking turns.

Lady_of_Chicken
30-04-2002, 00:34:57
Darkstar,

Got one started! See under Circumstantial Evidence.

:)

Come on, you guys...just hop in. Don't fret about your dance steps, just move and make it up as you go!