PDA

View Full Version : Your sport sucks


Asher
14-10-2006, 02:52:41
From last night's game:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/gillr4/doubled.gif

Your sport sucks in comparison.

Asher
14-10-2006, 02:54:21
YouTube (in Frogspeak): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELSZTel1oq0

Immortal Wombat
14-10-2006, 06:09:13
what is this "sport" of which you speak?

fp
14-10-2006, 07:28:19
that is sweet

Lazarus and the Gimp
14-10-2006, 08:44:35
Bert Trautmann broke his neck in the FA Cup final, and still finished the match. Ice hockey is for girls.

DaShi
14-10-2006, 23:23:41
Yeah, that guy should have lost points for not finishing him off.

Cruddy
14-10-2006, 23:57:56
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
what is this "sport" of which you speak?

Suck sport = fellatio

miester gandartak
15-10-2006, 00:55:28
Hockey is for losers who can't play football. The real football not that wussy Euro football.

Koshko
15-10-2006, 05:53:06
Hockey is for crazy golfers.

HelloKitty
15-10-2006, 06:15:47
My sport involves that sort of thing nonstop and usign the stick to hit. None of that pussy shit skating and ice capades that 99% of Hockey is.

KrazyHorse@home
15-10-2006, 06:24:32
Phaneuf :beer:

KrazyHorse@home
15-10-2006, 06:29:09
Originally posted by HelloKitty
My sport involves that sort of thing nonstop and usign the stick to hit. None of that pussy shit skating and ice capades that 99% of Hockey is.

NHLers would eat your lacrosse players for lunch.

Scabrous Birdseed
15-10-2006, 06:34:50
Yeah, they're used to battering women.

Deacon
15-10-2006, 07:13:06
That hit is why it's a good idea to look out when crossing the blue line. :)

Fistandantilus
15-10-2006, 11:18:30
So that is a regular contrast?

Asher
15-10-2006, 15:26:43
Originally posted by Deacon
That hit is why it's a good idea to look out when crossing the blue line. :)
Especially versus Regehr and Phaneuf. Splatman and Robyn. Tunnel of trouble. [/gag]

HelloKitty
15-10-2006, 16:32:03
Originally posted by KrazyHorse@home
NHLers would eat your lacrosse players for lunch.

Lacrosse is just Hockey without the pads and more guys who Asher meets at rest stops.

Screw them both. Pansy games.

Asher
15-10-2006, 21:02:23
Lacrosse is hockey at a much slower speed with much less athleticism and much softer surfaces.

It, like field hockey and ringette, is for girls.

MOBIUS
15-10-2006, 22:54:08
Which Sport?:confused:

Cardiff has professional Rugby, Ice Hockey, Football and Cricket teams.

In Rugby they spend 80 minutes smashing into each other 15 on 15 without wearing girly pads. I say Ice Hockey is a pussy sport in comparison, though we also play that here for completeness sake.

HelloKitty
15-10-2006, 23:05:27
Yawn.

Hockey pansies.

notyoueither
16-10-2006, 02:42:05
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Which Sport?:confused:

Cardiff has professional Rugby, Ice Hockey, Football and Cricket teams.

In Rugby they spend 80 minutes smashing into each other 15 on 15 without wearing girly pads. I say Ice Hockey is a pussy sport in comparison, though we also play that here for completeness sake.

At 5 km/h you don't need pads.

You could hurt yourself more in a brisk walk if you run into a poll, which a bunch of drunk rugby players are likely to do.

Asher
16-10-2006, 02:46:14
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Which Sport?:confused:

Cardiff has professional Rugby, Ice Hockey, Football and Cricket teams.

In Rugby they spend 80 minutes smashing into each other 15 on 15 without wearing girly pads. I say Ice Hockey is a pussy sport in comparison, though we also play that here for completeness sake.
Why would you need pads if you're running around?

Are you aware how fast the vulcanized rubber pucks can get? Are you aware how massive and fast these hockey players get?

It's the rugby players that are pansies, playing in slow-mo.

MOBIUS
16-10-2006, 11:14:06
Beats me why you gimps think rugby players are slow...

Jonah Lomu for example at 273 pounds could run 100 metres in 10.8 seconds - I'd love to see how long it would take either of you to get up after being tackled by him, as you wouldn't stand a hope of outrunning him...:lol:

Of course, I have a feeling that Asher wouldn't mind being caught from behind by 15 big, sweaty men...;)

King_Ghidra
16-10-2006, 12:50:55
Originally posted by notyoueither
You could hurt yourself more in a brisk walk if you run into a poll

As in 'When will nye next use a homonym'?

Kitsuki
16-10-2006, 12:59:41
I love these kinds of threads; where people idly tell everyone how hard they are because some of their countrymen play a "real man's sport" - frankly the idea of Asher accomplishing such a takedown is pretty laughable... :lol:

Kitsuki
16-10-2006, 13:00:24
Oh, and SPORTS FORUM!

MoSe
16-10-2006, 13:55:57
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
As in 'When will nye next use a homonym'?

OUCH!
that hurts!

King_Ghidra
16-10-2006, 13:56:11
Originally posted by Kitsuki
I love these kinds of threads; where people idly tell everyone how hard they are because some of their countrymen play a "real man's sport" - frankly the idea of Asher accomplishing such a takedown is pretty laughable... :lol:

:D agreed.

Anyway, in Asher's clip the guy gets straight back up, so can't have hurt much :D

King_Ghidra
16-10-2006, 13:57:15
Originally posted by MoSe
OUCH!
that hurts!

Grammar is the real man's sport.

Fistandantilus
16-10-2006, 14:10:03
:lol:

MOBIUS
16-10-2006, 14:23:42
The thing I don’t understand, is that surely it’s his sport that pucks…:D

shagnasty
16-10-2006, 15:50:04
You want a hard mans sport, try this one.

See the large sticks flailing, see the amazing lack of padding, see the vicious boots used for much stomping and see the small "baseball" style ball the flailing sticks are aimed at.

Anyone want to be the goalie?

KrazyHorse
16-10-2006, 18:15:34
Field hockey is a girl's sport.

:lol:

MOBIUS
16-10-2006, 22:28:38
How about the Aussie Rules/Gaelic Football hybrids that CH4 used to show in the '80's - they always ended in a giant all onto all brawl!

Immortal Wombat
16-10-2006, 22:46:35
That isn't field hockey, it's hurling.

Asher
16-10-2006, 23:11:28
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Beats me why you gimps think rugby players are slow...
Because they're very slow compared to professional ice hockey players.

Asher
16-10-2006, 23:13:47
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
:D agreed.

Anyway, in Asher's clip the guy gets straight back up, so can't have hurt much :D
It was a textbook, clean hit to take the player out of the play in a spectacular fashion without injuring him. Even more impressive than hits that leave players injured (eg, Steve Reinprecht just had his collar bone broken the other night as a result of a hit).

And how many rugby players have their feet shattered on impact from a rugby ball? :bouncmsk:

Asher
16-10-2006, 23:14:53
Originally posted by MOBIUS
How about the Aussie Rules/Gaelic Football hybrids that CH4 used to show in the '80's - they always ended in a giant all onto all brawl!
How giant?

I don't think it's wise for you to extol fighting as a virtue of other sports, hockey rules all in that respect.

Asher
16-10-2006, 23:16:19
Fight :b:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1165JTiXlcI

Deacon
16-10-2006, 23:35:17
I like to watch the fighting, but the NHL seems worried about its public image. Bleh.

Greg W
17-10-2006, 04:03:39
Showing the Haka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj3Ks7OXRL4) during a recent Tri Nations League match, and Mason trash talking during it, leading up to Kidwell smashing him.

More views of the hit and aftermath (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIPUW_UzFOg).

Funko
17-10-2006, 08:38:16
Originally posted by KrazyHorse
Field hockey is a girl's sport.

:lol:

That's not field hockey, it's hurling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurling

MoSe
17-10-2006, 08:48:51
is it related to curling and hurting?

Funko
17-10-2006, 09:00:20
I get the feeling in these threads Asher's never actually watched any sport other than Ice Hockey.

Aussie Rules:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIGREZw4Sr4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-62em9qAYIA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQzgwfFRbqs&mode=related&search=

Fistandantilus
17-10-2006, 09:25:33
Reminds me why I don't like these sports :p

Asher
17-10-2006, 20:22:27
What a joke those videos are.

Is that what Europeans think it's exciting? I've seen faster action at a kids hockey game.

Asher
17-10-2006, 20:24:04
Hockey fights > Aussie rules/Rugby/other pussy sport fights, both in intensity and frequency.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/

Your sport sucks.

Immortal Wombat
17-10-2006, 22:00:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWNFpxjOiZE

Asher
17-10-2006, 22:13:26
Greeks. :q:

notyoueither
18-10-2006, 03:02:19
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
As in 'When will nye next use a homonym'?

Statistics can be hard?

:nervous:

Oerdin
18-10-2006, 03:49:04
I'm still trying to figure out how Canadian and American teams can both play in a league called the "National Hockey League". Or the National Baseball League or the National Football League for that matter.

Did it start as an American league and Canadian cities ended up getting teams because they were prime markets or has it always been international and just had a stupid name?

notyoueither
18-10-2006, 05:25:14
Try explaining the World Series...

The NHL was originally a Canadian league that added a few American cities in the early days. Then more, and then more, and then...

Sir Penguin
18-10-2006, 06:15:30
National Baseball League?

SP

mr_G
18-10-2006, 08:09:47
great sig SP
:lol:

Asher
18-10-2006, 11:46:51
Originally posted by Oerdin
I'm still trying to figure out how Canadian and American teams can both play in a league called the "National Hockey League". Or the National Baseball League or the National Football League for that matter.

Did it start as an American league and Canadian cities ended up getting teams because they were prime markets or has it always been international and just had a stupid name?

....No.

In fact, the Stanley Cup is property of the Government of Canada.

Anyway, Robyn Regehr last night laid a nasty little clean hit to give on of Montreal's enforcers a severe concussion: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=181087&hubname=

Funko
18-10-2006, 11:50:38
Considering we've all been arguing about Petr Cech's depressed fracture of his skull for the last few days in the sport forum a bit of concussion's not going to impress anyone.

Drekkus
18-10-2006, 15:30:22
Even I would be depressed if I would fracture my skull. Doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

King_Ghidra
18-10-2006, 15:38:50
don't knock it til you've tried it

Asher
18-10-2006, 15:39:11
Originally posted by Funko
Considering we've all been arguing about Petr Cech's depressed fracture of his skull for the last few days in the sport forum a bit of concussion's not going to impress anyone.
Several severe concussions, broken collarbones, several dislocated shoulders in the course of a week is par for the course for hockey.

Just looked up this Petr Cech guy's story. It seems he's just a typical fragile European -- how you can fracture your skull playing soccer is beyond me. You guys ever heard of calcium? Pathetic. :q:

Asher
23-10-2006, 20:57:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I85-s4XIxD0