PDA

View Full Version : NFL Thread for K_G

MOBIUS
09-10-2006, 14:35:41
NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL Fuck me, what about them Bears!!? NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL

:)

Drekkus
09-10-2006, 14:48:14
so, what about those bears then?

King_Ghidra
09-10-2006, 14:57:55
watched that game yesterday. they were pretty much perfect in the first half.

Venom
09-10-2006, 14:59:36
2 weeks in row they've been pretty much perfect. I look forward to them raising all of Chicago's hopes, and then shitting the bed in the most heart breaking fashion possible.

MOBIUS
09-10-2006, 15:00:36
Sort of like last year then?

Venom
09-10-2006, 15:10:07
Except worse.

King_Ghidra
09-10-2006, 15:22:09
what i really wanted to talk about, the reason i visited poly in the first place, was the catch the previous week that (forgotten the guy's name) made for a td against the redskins

he took a double hit that knocked his helmet off and still held on to the ball. awesome stuff.

Venom
09-10-2006, 15:24:45
Oh, that guy on Jacksonville. He started headbanging after that.

Fistandantilus
09-10-2006, 15:25:57
And you failed to find that discussion?

Fistandantilus
09-10-2006, 15:26:42
See you could simply ask Venom. He has all the answers you need.

King_Ghidra
09-10-2006, 15:28:21
i didn't need an answer, i just wanted someone else to share the awesomeness of that moment with

Venom
09-10-2006, 15:51:46
It was awesome, but it would have been even better if, while he was head banging, his head fell off.

King_Ghidra
09-10-2006, 15:59:59
i'm trying to get hold of the footage of reggie bush's punt return, but that just caused my fucking computer to reboot*

*see other thread

Venom
09-10-2006, 16:08:42
I told you it would happen.

*see my post in other thread

Fistandantilus
09-10-2006, 16:09:44
Originally posted by Venom
It was awesome, but it would have been even better if, while he was head banging, his head fell off.

:lol:

Fistandantilus
09-10-2006, 16:10:22
So now we need to know which team KG roots for.

King_Ghidra
09-10-2006, 16:14:20
The Redskins!

I got into american football in about 86, and those were good times to be a redskin fan. in fact those and subsequent years were good times to be a fan of pretty much any nfc east team

Venom
09-10-2006, 16:17:00
I'm mainly a Redskins fan myself. Since the Carolina Panthers have been formed, I have to at least support them since they're local, but I'll always be a Redskins fan.

King_Ghidra
09-10-2006, 16:20:04
watching doug williams rip it up at superbowl XXII is still a great memory of mine

Venom
09-10-2006, 16:22:11
That's one of, if not the first super bowl that I can remember

Chris
10-10-2006, 00:53:47
Redskins suck ass.

Giants

Greg W
10-10-2006, 00:59:17
Been a Patriots fan since about. Erm. Late 80s. Canadian Uni exchange student introduced me to them. Sucked being a Pats fan through the 90s, but damn have they come good. :beer:

notyoueither
10-10-2006, 01:23:42
http://marcmasferrer.typepad.com/uncommon_sense/images/sb10a.gif

BigGameHunter
10-10-2006, 04:36:13
Oh the shame of being a Lions fan.
:(
http://spartanlion.com/gadogb.jpg

Morte
10-10-2006, 09:06:27
As a Raiders fan I have nothing to add to this thread (much as the Raiders have nothing to add to the NFL...well apart from points for the opposition).

MOBIUS
10-10-2006, 09:12:33
Started watching during the ’85 season on CH4. Decided on teams I didn’t like before the one I did, so when this exciting team beat the shit out of the hated Cowboys I decided there and then to be a Bengals fan! Awesome offences, and equally shitty defences guaranteed exciting games and I loved the maverick nature of Sam Wyche the head coach who introduced innovative play such as the no-huddle offence…

The teams in the late ‘80’s were packed with awesome players: Brooks (The Man!), Esiason, Wood, Brown, Holman, Munoz, Montoya, Krumrie, Fulcher to name a few… We were so close to winning superbowl XXIII, but it was not to be…

Since then, my shame has matched BGH’s during the barren and pointless nineties – until now we have our saviour in Marvin Lewis! I said on Poly last year we’d go 10-6 before the season started and everyone laughed at me – we did better! I also said we’d win the Superbowl this year, but with the offence in crisis already, maybe we’ll just make the playoffs after all… ;)

http://www.bengals.com/images/photos/steelers_alltime041003.jpg

Fistandantilus
06-11-2006, 18:02:12
I'd like someone explain to me what happened in the Cowboys-Redskins endgame. I'm experiencing a Drekkus moment right now.

Venom
06-11-2006, 19:22:27
What's there to explain?

Redskins miss field goal.
Dallas takes over at the spot of the miss and drives into field goal range.
Dallas field goal blocked by Redskins, recovered and returned to the Dallas 45 yard line. During the return a Dallas player grabbed the Redskins player's face mask. The 15 yard penalty was added to the end of the return moving the ball to the Dallas 30 yard line. Because the penalty occured with no time on the clock, and was called against the Cowboys, the Redskins were allowed to run 1 play.

Simple.

mr_G
06-11-2006, 19:32:04
as simple as mrG

MDA
06-11-2006, 19:42:22
simple and bizarre - both the redskins and the cowboys could not afford another loss - so every game from here on is a playoff game for them - well, the cowboys are screwed, much like my Steelers

At least the Penguins are skating and scoring. Might be their last year in Pittsburgh. :(

Chris
06-11-2006, 22:24:21
I liked the part where TO dropped a sure TD.

notyoueither
07-11-2006, 02:05:44
Originally posted by MDA
At least the Penguins are skating and scoring. Might be their last year in Pittsburgh. :(

I've heard the league will not let them move so long as the stadium issue is resolved.

MoSe
07-11-2006, 08:40:21
Originally posted by Venom
Because the penalty occured with no time on the clock, and was called against the Cowboys, the Redskins were allowed to run 1 play.

And? AND????

:mad:

Greg W
07-11-2006, 09:10:42
From the sounds of it, the Redskins kicked a field goal.

Venom
07-11-2006, 12:39:44
Yes. And the Redskins kicked a field goal and won. So the guy who was about to lose his job 30 seconds ago, turned into a hero.

MDA
07-11-2006, 12:56:39
Originally posted by notyoueither
I've heard the league will not let them move so long as the stadium issue is resolved.

all the new owner has to do is start making ridiculous demands about the new stadium - at least, that's my fear

Pittsburgh doesn't have deep pockets.

MOBIUS
07-11-2006, 13:49:35
Originally posted by MDA
all the new owner has to do is start making ridiculous demands about the new stadium - at least, that's my fear

One of the saddest aspects of the NFL IMO is the relative willingness for teams to jump ship and move wholesale hundreds of miles to another city!

Even in the time I've been watching, at least half a dozen teams have done this kind of musical chairs. Probably the most farcical is the Browns/Ravens fiasco, though another one for comedy value is the Raiders moving from Oakland to LA and then back again...

The only parallel I can think of in the UK is the MK Dons - and we can see how well that worked for them!

Where is the loyalty?

notyoueither
09-11-2006, 07:04:55
Originally posted by MDA

I don't think the governors are dumb enough to fall for that.

They want a team in Pittsburgh and there are plenty of buyers if the new owner(s) want to be twats.