PDA

View Full Version : :bounce:


Asher
08-09-2006, 01:48:46
:bounce:

http://pics.livejournal.com/asher19/pic/0007h9th

Venom
08-09-2006, 01:50:12
You're recording the Corwin experience? Fag.

King_Ghidra
08-09-2006, 08:07:48
nice stuff, what's that thing on the left with the blue light? speaker? air con?

Funko
08-09-2006, 08:52:42
Some kind of radiator? :D

Asher
08-09-2006, 12:07:05
It's an air purifier/ionizer.

http://www.sharp.ca/products/index.asp?cat=75&id=585

Asher
08-09-2006, 12:07:38
Originally posted by Venom
You're recording the Corwin experience? Fag.
It was actually recording Grey's Anatomy, I was just watching the Corwin Experience.

You recognized it. :lol:

King_Ghidra
08-09-2006, 12:24:39
Grey's anatomy? Spare me.

They're running a horrifying trailer for it on sky atm.

Black guy to oriental moonpig: You're the most guarded, stubborn, frustrating person i have ever met...and i love you.'

:vom:

maroule
08-09-2006, 12:48:47
that's also what I said to my black oriental pig

Venom
08-09-2006, 13:05:35
Originally posted by Asher
It was actually recording Grey's Anatomy, I was just watching the Corwin Experience.

You recognized it. :lol:

That actually makes it worse. Double fag.

JM^3
08-09-2006, 14:23:48
Originally posted by Asher
It's an air purifier/ionizer.

http://www.sharp.ca/products/index.asp?cat=75&id=585

You know those are bad for you?

edit: Especially the Ozone one, which is the one I have seen many people talk about..

JM

Asher
08-09-2006, 22:04:01
I've read the reports on excess ozone being bad for you, but that's applicable to the models that really generate ozone...

This is more or less a a fan with bunch of filters (HEPA + carbon [for odours]) plus an air ionizer. It's not really an ozone generator.

Asher
08-09-2006, 22:05:44
Originally posted by Venom
That actually makes it worse. Double fag.
Did you know that they have HD porn now?

Looking at the HD PPV channels late at night I found a bunch of adult material...one of which was presented in Dolby Digital 5.1. :bouncmsk:

Venom
09-09-2006, 03:30:22
Porn has gone high tech.

JM^3
09-09-2006, 03:44:08
I make up for quantity what I don't have in quality.

JM

mr_G
10-09-2006, 15:18:38
Originally posted by Asher
It's an air purifier/ionizer. that's gay

Cruddy
10-09-2006, 16:15:38
Originally posted by Asher
I've read the reports on excess ozone being bad for you, but that's applicable to the models that really generate ozone...

This is more or less a a fan with bunch of filters (HEPA + carbon [for odours]) plus an air ionizer. It's not really an ozone generator.

Scmartje move. I won't go into why. PM me if you are nosy (I doubt you will).

Nice home entertainment setup. Everything matches, everything fits.

Nav
11-09-2006, 08:59:31
nice, you want to get a different facia for your xbox though, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

King_Ghidra
11-09-2006, 12:09:29
you reckon? i think different facias are prety lame

after all, the rest of the box is still going to be the same colour...

Funko
11-09-2006, 12:20:29
I don't think it stands out at all.

Asher
11-09-2006, 21:50:27
I think it looks fine, and I think most faceplates look like the cheap plastic that they are.

Drekkus
11-09-2006, 22:25:51
So what's what in that picture?

Asher
12-09-2006, 02:03:28
Far left (with blue glow circle thing) is an air purifier (ionizer, HEPA filter, carbon filter).

The small speaker to the right of that is the front-left speaker.

The big thing to the right of that is the subwoofer.

On top of the stand is my TV: a 42" LCD HDTV -- 1080p (1920x1080 resolution, 60 frames per second). Below that on is the front-center speaker.

On the top shelf of the TV stand on the left is my dual-HDTV tuner with 160GB HD. I use it to watch/tape TV, and then use the Firewire port to copy anything I want to keep forever onto my computer and burn it to DVD. To the right of that is my 5.1 channel audio receiver.

On the bottom shelf is the Xbox 360 + games.

To the right of the TV stand is my cable modem + wireless router.

Venom
12-09-2006, 02:20:47
So how well does your cable box work with fire wire, because I'd like to start pulling stuff off mine?

Asher
12-09-2006, 03:40:29
Works just fine. It's just a Firewire 400 port (not 800), so it can take a bit.

It takes a tiny bit of hacking as the real purpose is for D-VHS backups. If you look around for your cable box you should be able to find Windows XP firewire drivers for it, in which case the harddrive in the DVR is just viewed as an external harddrive. You copy over the MPEG2 files and reencode them into whatever you want (or leave them as MPEG2).

Drekkus
12-09-2006, 09:42:37
Originally posted by Asher
Far left (with blue glow circle thing) is an air purifier (ionizer, HEPA filter, carbon filter).

The small speaker to the right of that is the front-left speaker.

The big thing to the right of that is the subwoofer.

On top of the stand is my TV: a 42" LCD HDTV -- 1080p (1920x1080 resolution, 60 frames per second). Below that on is the front-center speaker.

On the top shelf of the TV stand on the left is my dual-HDTV tuner with 160GB HD. I use it to watch/tape TV, and then use the Firewire port to copy anything I want to keep forever onto my computer and burn it to DVD. To the right of that is my 5.1 channel audio receiver.

On the bottom shelf is the Xbox 360 + games.

To the right of the TV stand is my cable modem + wireless router. Brands and specific type names etc. please.

King_Ghidra
12-09-2006, 10:26:00
:lol: drekkus wants to be Asher

Drekkus
12-09-2006, 11:15:16
yes please.

I'm moving house early 2007, and planning an upgrade to a HDTV, HD recorder, and other tech gadgets, with the least possible wiring. No xbox, but I want to connect my pc and internet connection to the tv etc.

mr_G
12-09-2006, 15:09:09
can't pay those gadgets from your morgage mistertje!!!

Drekkus
12-09-2006, 15:25:27
Scheisse. Then I might have to skip my trips abroad to save some money.

MDA
12-09-2006, 17:17:30
so if ionized oxygen = ozone

air ionizer = ozone generator?

so I'm guessing I'm wrong about the ionized oxygen thing - an O3 free radical is not the same thing?

Asher
12-09-2006, 23:40:52
Who said ionized oxygen = ozone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_ionizer

Ionisers should not be confused with ozone generators, even though both devices operate in a similar way. Ionisers use a electrostatically charged plate to produce positively or negatively charged gas ions that particulate matter sticks to (in an effect similar to static electricity). Ozone generators are optimised to attract an extra oxygen ion to an O2 molecule, using either a corona discharge tube or UV light. Even the best ionisers will produce a small amount of ozone, and ozone generators will produce gaseous ions of molecules other than ozone (unless fed by pure oxygen, not air).

MDA
13-09-2006, 13:26:29
I did, but if you read the entire thing, you can see I was far from sure of myself.

So an ionizer makes a little ozone too, but that's not its intended purpose. An acutal ozone generator makes bunches of ozone, on purpose. I get it now.

C.G.B. Spender
13-09-2006, 19:09:52
You're doomed