PDA

View Full Version : DarkStar

Greg W
02-09-2006, 06:28:14
Seems that Darkstar went and got hisself turned into a game (http://pc.ign.com/articles/727/727537p1.html) in the mould of Elite. Sounds interesting.

HelloKitty
03-09-2006, 18:12:42
I thought he was just pissed off again. Every time he gets owned making up stuff he vvanishes for a while.

Nice to see I was wrong.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
04-09-2006, 16:05:42
You can also play "Darkstar" with a copy of Microsoft Word. Here's how:

* Type in a long-ass document. The longer, the better!
* Go up to Tools, and select "Word Count". This is your score. Try to beat your previous high score by typing in more words!
* You can save your game at any time by selecting File->Save, or hitting Ctrl-S.
* Microsoft Word "Darkstar" is improved over the real-life version by way of not being limited to 10000 points per document.

Greg W
08-09-2006, 03:43:23
Well, the game itself seems interesting, though to be fair I have only played through 2 training missions so far. Usual Elite/Privateer style fare so far. Which isn't a bad thing. Very pretty though.

Greg W
10-09-2006, 03:20:12
Good game so far, after about 3-4 hours play. It has an interesting concept whereby your ship is organic, and by absorbing artifacts, you can improve the ship, thus allowing you to buy better (non-organic) equipment. Not really sure how this is tied into the plot (or not as the case may be), as I am at a poitn now where I am just earning enough money for an upgrade to progress the plot.