PDA

View Full Version : New FFVII game and Sword of Stars

JM^3
21-08-2006, 17:35:43
So I saw the new FFVII game in the stores yesterday. I was about to purchase it, but then I read that you needed to have watched Advent Children to know some of the plot.

Sword of Stars is a game in the genre of MOO and GC. I know very little about it.

I haven't really read much about either game. I did read that the FFVII game is part of 4-5 bits of media they are releasing, including one for the PSP (not out yet, obviously). Dirge of Cerebus is suppose to be more actiony then RPGy.. not totally sure what that means.

Jon Miller

DaShi
21-08-2006, 19:22:19
Advent Children had a plot?

fp
21-08-2006, 22:13:27
Dirge of Cerberus has a plot?

fp
21-08-2006, 22:17:15
Originally posted by JM^3
Dirge of Cerebus is suppose to be more actiony then RPGy.. not totally sure what that means.

It means its a clone of an FPS game from 1997. Walk down a grey corridor and kill some bad guys. Enter a square grey room with some boxes in. Kill some more bad guys. Find door is locked and you need the blue key card to unlock it. Shoot grey boxes until a blue key card drops out. Unlock door and go down grey corridor. Kill some more bad guys and enter square grey room...... :sleep:

I realise that it is a new genre for Square, but it really looks like they put no thought into it at all.

Havoc
22-08-2006, 13:51:30
I read some reviews of Sword of the Stars on IGN. It doesn't look to be any better than Gal Civ II. I doubt I'll be playing it. I could be wrong though.

I imagine since Gal Civ and MOO were never as strong space TBSs as Civ was a, well, "civ" TBS that more people are trying to compete in that market.

JM^3
22-08-2006, 16:36:19
Hye, Havoc, I think you were right. I just called and they are installing internet tomorrow. I think this means I could have had internet 3 weeks ago.

JM

Centara Fugue
22-08-2006, 20:10:22
Originally posted by JM^3
I think this means I could have had internet 3 weeks ago.

Grats on getting internet! My main question is why didn't you get internet 3 weeks ago? If the answer to that question is "I didn't realize I could," then rephrase the question to, "Why didn't you know you could have internet 3 weeks ago?" I'm only getting a partial picture of the situation, and I'm curious.

I'm wondering if I could have gotten laundry in my building 3 weeks ago, or somesuch, though I doubt the 2 are correlated.

JM^3
22-08-2006, 20:22:19
Lol.

Basically I was told that I couldn't get internet until everyone was hooked up. Then, about 3 weeks ago, I had a letter hooked to my door knob, with a page for me to sign saying that I agreed to an ammendum to the lease agreement that I would pay an extra 35 to get cable starting Sept 1 (this was about the time everyone was hooked up). I didn't really care about cable, but I figured that since it was through the same company, that internet would be turned on at the same time. Apparently this isn't correct, I went in yesterday with the form and they gave me a little package with a number to call to get extra services (like internet) set up. I called the guy, and he said that he would come in and install it tomorrow.

So it sounds like I get internet tomorrow.

Jon Miller

Centara Fugue
22-08-2006, 23:23:10
Like my other post in this thread, this post will not be on the topic of Final Fantasy games (since I think they are not that great).

You know how to find me in EVE. If you come back to WoW, Arlanna and I are on Argent Dawn. I have 1 Horde and 2 Alliance characters - look for Daphni or Cylindi (Alliance) or Kriegel (Horde).

JM^3
23-08-2006, 03:22:01
Fugue, did you tell me to check also? I am thinking I remember you telling me that I should be able to get internet also. I get confused at times.

I don't think I will be going up this weekend, but should be going up next..?

Jon Miller

Centara Fugue
23-08-2006, 17:27:22
Moving this conversation into PMs where it belongs.

JM^3
23-08-2006, 17:53:24
OK, but I have internet (at least on my laptop) now.

JM
(don't know why it isn't running on my desktop.. I think there is a problem getting an ID from the hub)

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
23-08-2006, 22:48:52
Get a router

JM^3
23-08-2006, 23:07:45
I had one, the router was working... I needed to setup my desktop to work with my router.

JM