PDA

View Full Version : Sandi Thom Makes Me Vhom

Fergus & The Brazen Car
28-07-2006, 11:48:50
I can't stand her whining vibrato. I've heard buzz saws that seemed more pleasant.

I detest and loathe that bollox about 'revolution was in the air in '69 and '77' 'cos she got the fukking dates wrong, the stupid bint.

And that shite about being a punk with flowers in her hair... hmm, yeah, the stinking corpse lily and poison ivy and a few thistles would suit her a treat.

There's never a deranged stalker around when you really need one.

Debaser
28-07-2006, 12:25:57
Try not listening to it.

Fergus & The Brazen Car
28-07-2006, 12:27:49
Originally posted by Debaser
Try not listening to it.

I have.

Unfortunatelty for my sanity it's used in television adverts, it's sliming its abortive way out of shopdoor speakers, it's on smegheads' IPODs.

It's Crazy Frog without the discreet charm and likeability.

novacane
28-07-2006, 16:39:18
I'm not a fan of the song as such but I feel inclined to defend it against this tirade. Its harmless nostalgia.

In a chart riddled with talent show winners, failed talent show winners, formulaic boy/girl groups, doomed solo artists (formerly of said boy/girl groups) and bad Euro mixes of eighties hits, Sandi Thom is just about welcome.

It's not the JCB song. That was a bigger crime in my opinion.

Fergus & The Brazen Car
29-07-2006, 09:05:29
Originally posted by novacane
I'm not a fan of the song as such but I feel inclined to defend it against this tirade. Its harmless nostalgia.

It's not the JCB song. That was a bigger crime in my opinion.

Saying it's not the J.C.B. song is like saying necrotising fasciitis isn't Lassa fever.

I wouldn't want either in my earholes, thanks.

In a chart riddled with talent show winners, failed talent show winners, formulaic boy/girl groups, doomed solo artists (formerly of said boy/girl groups) and bad Euro mixes of eighties hits, Sandi Thom is just about welcome.

Anne Briggs would be welcome. Vashti Bunyan or Judee Sill would be welcome. Sandi Vhom is as welcome as fresh rat turds in chocolate vermicelli.

Walrus Feeder
30-07-2006, 16:59:10
I hate that 'Punk Rocker' song too. One of those annoying songs that people in the office start reciting and then someone else goes, "Oh, that's Sandi Thom, isn't she great." and it makes you just shake your head in disgust.

Keep on seeing the annoying vid too on MTV and the other music channels! Strange thing is i've been humming the latest Pussycat Dolls and Shakira songs to myself since i keep seeing the vids for them too ....but then i would be happy watching them with the sound off! However, S.O.S by Rihanna i think it a great tune but her latest slower song is appalling.

Mr. Bas
11-08-2006, 07:15:09
I was lucky enough to avoid hearing it until yesterday, but it is indeed bloody awful. I haven't seen the video yet, but from the descriptions given here that's a good thing.