PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Affairs

King_Ghidra
28-07-2006, 08:16:48
Thanks to film four going free i got to see this Hong Kong thriller this week.

I thought it was absolutely brilliant. The setup is simple: Triads have placed several moles in the police, having them join years earlier as trainees. Meanwhile the cops have an undercover operative in the triads. Both sides know there is a mole high up in their organisation and the film goes through all the twists and turns you would expect from a thriller as they compete to do their jobs while tracking down the moles.

It was brilliantly shot and there were some very clever twists and links between things you are shown earlier in the film. Also dominant is the idea of the conflict within the moles themselves, playing for the other team but torn by allegiances to the colleagues they are betraying.

There is very little gunplay, it's not just a hong kong shoot-out flick but a proper thriller, and i would heartily recommend it.

Drekkus
09-08-2006, 10:35:30
Isn't that with Richard Gere?

Mr. Bas
09-08-2006, 10:42:29
No.

I saw it some time ago, it's definitely worth seeing. Although it's a bit confusing sometimes, since you're never completely sure who is ratting and who you can trust.