PDA

View Full Version : EVE: New Leadership for CKU

Havoc
15-07-2006, 17:36:06
I think it is time that CKU changed CEO's. No offense to Oxytocin, and we are all grateful that she agreed to be leader for all of this time, but she never plays. From my experience with other MMO's, having a leader who is involved in the game and knows the players can make the game more enjoyable. The guild leader can take the guild in the direction or lack of direction that the guild members deem necessary. With Oxytocin as leader, we don't even have the option of changing directions.

Right now all our guild is, is a chat channel. Why do we even need a guild for this? The game can be as rich and exciting as you want it to be, and often times guilds are the platforms to new and exciting content (not just the same old agent missions or couriering or mining).

Also talk of an alliance has been floating around. A leader who plays the game could actually broker relationships with other corporations, if we decide to take the corp in this direction.

I know that Mraal has several corporation skills already, and would only need about 12 more hours of training to be a fully functional CEO of CKU.

Please post your comments on this proposed change of leadership.

HelloKitty
15-07-2006, 17:41:30
I agree.

Don't forget you need the racial skills since not everyone is gallente.

DaShi
15-07-2006, 17:44:38
Damn racist CEOs!

Mraal
15-07-2006, 18:25:51
Within about 10 hours I should be able to support a corp of 30 with up to 60% being non-gallente - I think that's enough for CKU.
Everyone who is involved in the corp, please give feedback regarding this issue. I'd be cool with doing this, but if anyone else wants to float names for the job, please do so.

Nav
15-07-2006, 20:06:26
If anybody else is really interested in doing it, we could do a simple vote. But as nobody else has bought it up I guess that is unlikely!

Havoc
15-07-2006, 20:18:42
sounds good

Skanky Burns
15-07-2006, 21:35:20
If HK is happy to hand over the power, then that works for me. A better option would be that she plays more, though. :)

JM^3
16-07-2006, 03:45:20
Sounds good (although HK should play more also).

JM

Asher
16-07-2006, 06:32:39
Even I play now.

chagarra
16-07-2006, 11:35:01
I'm still a member even having a break..
'Tis ok with me..

Beta1
16-07-2006, 11:53:46
thumbs up from me

(although simply appointing 1-2 new directors with the right corp privelges would be almost as effective)

esp as Nav's a lazy arse and doesnt play enough either.

Lurker the Second
16-07-2006, 12:43:03
Having people with the right privileges is the most important issue. Another Brit should be given those privileges so we can spread out the time zones, otherwise the company will only be open for business on the weekends in most cases. Beta and Neam seem to be online the most, and they both suck equally so either is fine by me.

Havoc
16-07-2006, 13:47:42
Originally posted by Lurker the Second
Having people with the right privileges is the most important issue. Another Brit should be given those privileges so we can spread out the time zones, otherwise the company will only be open for business on the weekends in most cases.

It may be a good idea to have someone in the UK with the same privelages as Mraal in EST zone (assuming he is the only one from our side of the lake wanting the position).

I'm not even sure who holds the CFO positions.

I'm also not sure how the alliance thing works. Does anyone know if the CEO is the only one with privelages to put a corp into an alliance?

Beta1
16-07-2006, 15:49:48
I dont know about that - but I'd be happy to be on the board, I've already got personel and accountant access anyway

Mraal
16-07-2006, 17:08:14
All that sounds good - I agree, there should be both someone from the UK and someone from North A. with access privileges.

Side note - I have corp. management 3 and ethnic relations 3, capable of supporting a corp with up to 30 people and as many as 18 of them non-Gallente.

Havoc
16-07-2006, 21:41:00
Okay, based on Mraal's skills, we're all ready to switch leadership then. Does anyone have any objections, and what exactly does Oxytocin need to do to swith leadership?

HelloKitty
16-07-2006, 23:39:30
Transfer made. Should happen in 24 hours.

Ginfizwithatwist
17-07-2006, 17:03:15
Grand, am happy for beta to be uk director, and i think Nav has CFO access too- if he pulls his head out of footieland and pops up ingame occasionally!
I think i have personnel privs but am not sure but would be happy to have that role if i don't already. (so long as someone tells me what the contract conditions are in order to approve applications and how to approve them!)

:love: Thanks to Hello Kitty for setting up and being CEO up until now and look forward to seeing her ingame when her schedule permits

Nav
17-07-2006, 17:31:23
I tend to play games more in the winter months anyway. So I will get back into it more in the autumn for sure (that and being busy with work at the mo).

I'm not sure we need such things as UK director, US etc, we are still quite small and just generally chatting can get things done, I don't particularly want to see too much bureaucracy!

DaShi
17-07-2006, 21:27:27
Kitty doesn't like you guys. Or me either, since she made a big stink about GW and quit playing when I started. :p

Lurker the Second
17-07-2006, 22:44:12
now that you're on the east coast Dashi you should come back into EVE. You'll find people on almost every night and the time zone crap won't be so bad.

Mraal
17-07-2006, 23:00:04
Indeed, thanks Hello Kitty for getting the corp together in the first place! We all hope to see you ingame!

As for the time zone directors - we'll effectively be set for that, as I'm EST and I believe the current directors are on UK time of some sort. It's just good in case something comes up at an odd time.

DaShi
18-07-2006, 23:13:57
I've been thinking about getting back. But with my work schedule, I don't get to play much of anything other than some GW.

JM^3
18-07-2006, 23:31:11
I enjoy playing, and I just play ~10 hours a week.

EVE doesn't require the intensity of other MMOs.

JM