PDA

View Full Version : Iggy Pop live - disgusted

paiktis22
13-07-2006, 00:27:55
Just popping in (!) to report that the punk star is dead. Artistically. Ok it was a line up of film, a local alternative band pretty good, puressence (the brits should know them) who do have some songs that can melt you deliciously and the mothership iggy pop. The clown played only for 1 and 15 minutes. But that's not the problem.
He screamed, climbed the amps, climbed the steel pillars, took down his pants, screamed some more, let people on the stage etc etc etc

It was all like it was a damn factory product! All measured and cramped up in 1 hour of show with every meaning of the word. What's next? Rolling on sugar made broken glass? (so he doesn't cut himself?). It all seemed so staged and prearranged. It was like you took what was real and spontaneous and dangerous decades ago, suck all the blood from it and sell it like a shining finished product. The only time iggy was sincere was when he sung dead rock star.
Maybe tomorrow the specialized rock media would say that the show was good but it felt completely utterly fake. Screaming to the top of his lungs or not.
First and last time I see him.

Debaser
13-07-2006, 01:03:02
To be fair, what did you expect?

He's a much older man than the guy who recorded Funhouse. You knew that before you bought your ticket. You say yourself that he played for over an hour, "he screamed, climbed the amps, climbed the steel pillars, took down his pants, screamed some more, let people on the stage...", what else did you think he would do?

"Just popping in (!) to report that the punk star is dead. Artistically." - The fucking Rolling Stones have written good songs more recently than Iggy!

paiktis22
13-07-2006, 13:00:12
What I'm saying is that I would prefer an Iggy who would be comfortable with who he is and wants to do today than what I saw. What I saw was a monkey doing what the mutlinationals thought he should do or "what the people wanted".
I wouldn't mind if he just got an accoustic guitar and played something emo(!!!) if that's what he wants today than just being a fake carricature of his past glories...
Because it was fake and it seemed fake like driving a nail through your palm. Really.

paiktis22
15-07-2006, 10:20:12
there's the opposite opinion of course that says the stooges tottaly justified their myth that night. but i said how i saw it.

C.G.B. Spender
22-07-2006, 10:16:31
You mean it's all an industry that gives you just what you expects and even the so called punks are a part of it? Iggy Pop is not the most versatile and clever artist? Damn this century! (and the last one)

paiktis22
28-07-2006, 20:46:31
All things sometime die and Iggy is dead. I have no interest in watching zombies. :)

paiktis22
28-07-2006, 20:49:19
I mean you still have to have it in you, don't you. Maybe the Rolling Stones still do and are the same? Didn't have the chance to see them live. And maybe you evolve in something else and it is still true. But clinging to the past when you don't have it in you, laying down on the laurels of the past that's the worst way.

Vincent
02-08-2006, 10:01:08
That's in fact what all those old rich bastards do. They have no hunger but want to show they're still young and cool. I read something about Jaggers "ridiculous gymnastics" on stage.