PDA

View Full Version : video card woes

self biased
10-07-2006, 19:08:50
i tried to run diablo 2 the other day, and after much consternation, i get the following error messages:

"The file nvdisp.drv is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)"

what can i do to fix this?

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
10-07-2006, 20:31:32
It sounds like your video card doesn't have 3D capabilities, or that the drivers are wrong and can't access them? If it's a 2D card but you've somehow got D2 running in 3D mode, that might explain it.

First, verify that you're using the latest drivers for your card. Get them directly from the website, not an alternate download site.

Get the latest version of DirectX and install that.

If it's a previously installed version of D2, re-run the video setup utility that comes with the game. It should be easy to find in the install folder.

If none of that works, uninstall D2, then reinstall it.

If that still doesn't work, get a new PC.

self biased
11-07-2006, 13:18:06
drivers: check.
directx: check.
not previously installed, so not applicable.

D1 will have to tide me over until i can get my own pc. my roomate's been abusing this one it seems.