PDA

View Full Version : New Toys

Funko
10-07-2006, 10:05:06
http://www.muf.me.uk/files/10072006.jpg

Eklektikos
10-07-2006, 10:34:14
Yum. I always wanted a micro-synth, but the price tag kept me scared off.

What exactly does the English Muff'n (http://www.gamecatcher.net/fora/images/smiles/ack.gif) do for you?

Funko
10-07-2006, 11:13:53
It's a valve overdrive/distortion. Designed to sound like your classic English valve amps. It's absolutely brilliant. That swiss Cheese metal bar hides the two valves. Sounds like an incredibly expensive valve amp, even through a practice amp.

Can go from a nice crisp overdrive to a crunch to something much heavier. It's great.

The Micro Synth is awesome (and expensive)

Nills Lagerbaak
10-07-2006, 11:21:38
Ah, so ytou went for a valve pedal! Good move....glad your sounds sweet too.

What does the mini-synth do? How did you decide you wanted one of them? I haven't even heard of one.

Funko
10-07-2006, 11:35:26
The mini-synth is an analogue synth, but it works on your guitar input.

I'd been thinking about getting a proper synth for a while but they are too expensive, and when I was looking for sub-harmonic effects for Sam I came across it. Once I found out what it could do, I wanted to try it, and once I'd played with it for 15 mins, I wanted to buy it!

The 10 bars are split in two the first 5 are the inputs, second 5 effect the output.

on inputs, you have a trigger, which is what level before it fires. Then the four sounds which are Sub Octave, Guitar, Octave and Square Wave. You can have any mix of these, if you put sub octave up full it just outputs an octave below what you are playing. If you have sub-octave and guitar it's like a harmoniser. etc.

Then you've got an attack delay, which does what you'd expect.

At the output end you've got filter sweep controls. Resonance, Start Freq and Stop Freq and Rate

You can get some amazing stuff out of it. The settings on the picture make it sound like a nasty dark bouncy techno bass. It's just outputting a mix of the sub-octave and square wave with quite an extreme filter sweep. Next time you are here, come and have a play!