PDA

View Full Version : pes6 countdown thread

King_Ghidra
03-07-2006, 09:28:55
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that Adriano the renowned Brazil and Inter Milan striker is to be the pan-European face of the eagerly-awaited Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

:lol: :cry:

well pesfan has plenty of info about Winning Eleven 10, which PES6 will be based on, so some snippets from pesfan users:

Well after about 15+ games against a mate over the last few weeks I have to say this game is brilliant. (Apologies in advance if some of this stuff has been said)

Dribbling has been improved and players good at dribbling are actually easier to dribbler with and easier to beat players with, whereas on Pro 5 you did feel a slight difference but it was relatively the same. You can actually beat a player now and eliminate opposing defenders from your attacks by beating them (unless they are fast enough to catch you), there is a noteable difference in player speeds which is what people have been crying for.

I like the way the game has a more manual feel and you feel more in control over what you are doing rather than the stupid computer doing things for you. The only thing is the computer occasionally does slide tackles for you with you players which I can see causing problems in the future (giving away free kicks) .

They have added in alot of new animations which look absolutely brilliant. One of many is after a slide tacke (which have been improved) or tackle a player can fall over many different ways and sometimes even carry their momentum to get up like real life, it is great and looks so realistic. The ref has been improved and you WILL get sent off for last man tackles. You get sent off for malicious tackles aswel no matter where they occour. There is one ref imparticular who seems to be like the Russion one in the Portugal Netherlands game yesterday and cards you for everything, different refs have noteable different tollerance levels.

One thing inparticular I thought was great is the advantage rule. They have taken the little sign that came up on screen when it was an advantage. What happens now is that the ref on the pitch will put his arm out to play on and if you don't get an advantage he will call it back. Very nice touch.

I have only played against the computer once so I won't comment too much but they seem to actually vary their play instead of just pass it to the wings and cross it in. The difficulty also seems to be increased, but I don't know wether this is down to me being new to the game. They do have these annoying little dinks though that go right over your player that are a nightmare to deal with.

The new quick free kicks system is pretty handy, although alot of the players have already got back somehow . I think for Pro 6 they could make these more frequent and add these to throw ins aswel.

Overall I think they game is well and with afew tweeks here and there Pro 6 could be a pretty amazing game.

I've was never really into pes5 the way I have been with previous games(not sure if this site is to blame or what) but WE10 has got me back hooked into the series. The game is more flowing which makes it much more enjoyable for me to play. Scoring is slightly easier, but as that was never my strong point I'm quite happy with this.

Biggest improvement for me is the goalkeepers. No longer do they hit invisible walls when carrying the ball out of play, they actually have momentum now.
If they're going to carry the ball out of play, they drop it. At free kicks, they actually hit the post with the ball instead of going through it. The new diving animations are good as well.

Through balls are actually useful now, lobbed through balls have a higher trajectory which means they land in the path of your striker instead of bouncing into the keepers arms like pes5. Managed to score a few volleys off these balls

Only downpoint I can think of at the moment is that refs now seem more happy to send me off for tackles that would probably only get me yellows in previous games. Granted the refs are far less fussy this time around, but I've had more reds in 2 weeks than I had in 7 months of pes5

King_Ghidra
03-07-2006, 09:30:05
I can honestly say that after months of playing the boring scripted mess known as PES5, WE10 has been a delightfully welcome breath of fresh air.

Matches against mates are now *gasp* really really fun! The action is fast, but not arcadey, it's free flowing and smooth. The dribbling and ball control is much better and I love the new animations and improved graphics.

WE10 is what PES5 should have been. The ref's are far less annoying, they play the advantage system much better, and card's are given in appropriate situations.

In PES5 the COM never got booked for professional fouls and you yourself could get away with disgusting challenges. Not anymore...make a clumsy or professional foul and you WILL go into the book/get sent off (as does the COM yay)!

Passing is much more sharper and fluid. OMG yay players actually have good first touches now, instead of the ones in PES5 that took the ball 30 yards away from your player's feet.

The thing I feel that Pro Evo manages to capture best is that the better players in real life play/feel better in the game. In WE10 no longer will Sami Hyppia catch up to a speed demon like Henry. Technical players like Ronaldinho, Kaka' and Riquelme will be instantly appreciated at how well they can control the ball and make space for creating goalscoring opportunities or having a shot on goal.

You will instantly notice when you make a long aerial pass with Beckham, Gerrard, Pirlo, etc the ball will be beautifully weighted and accurate.

One thing that has definitely gotten harder in the game is one-on-one's. Keepers can be outrageously good at times, and really bad at others...hope they sort this out in PES6. Btw Keepers now have animations to make one-handed dramatic diving saves. Looks awesome!

The new quick free kick system is also very useful for catching the opposition unawares.

All I can say is, WE10 is the game we have been crying out for since WE9/PES5 was released. It's so much better and more enjoyable in almost every way and I love it already.

Funko
03-07-2006, 09:32:22
That last point is bad news for Gramercy.

Sounds good though, do we have an ETA?

King_Ghidra
03-07-2006, 09:36:21
i'm hearing october

Funko
03-07-2006, 09:37:35
Excellent. October/November time is when they normally come out. :beer:

Cool Mint Luke
05-07-2006, 11:44:42
That is what I heard. I am very much looking forward to this.

fp
10-07-2006, 06:06:56
preview: http://uk.ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/world-soccer-winning-eleven-10/717395p1.html

A pretty shallow assessment, but worth reading anyway.

King_Ghidra
10-07-2006, 08:12:52
the key thing for me is the refs behaviour. if they've made them whistle less of the niggly fouls and give more cards for the important ones then that will be perfect