PDA

View Full Version : i have to say! (wales bashing)

paiktis22
01-07-2006, 21:14:23
well not bashing. observations (god i hope not some twist of fate would make him read this)

ok went out with some old friend who brought a friend who turned out to be a wales person (of course i said he was from england. everyone with a "dear chap" accent is from england for me - but he was from wales - which is peasant hell, am i right? i think i am. cows and dog shit)

anyway he lived in the motherland (greece) for more than 10 years which makes him a native. a little bit of gay bayron i might say. well he had that haugthiness. but you're from wales. MOUOUOU!

anyway not a ill wanting chap, at any rate. he did speak of greece in a very very very critial way (bit let's face it not more critical than a greek would). i cut him some slack because well after 10 years in the country you can be supposed to have grown a bit of greek bone in you.

he was very pleasant. we made great company. ok, i can deceive anybody. but here are my real thoughts. he was not "socialy racist" bended towards greece. he did say what evewry greek who lived abroad at some time in his life would say.

but even thoug he conseded blair is a corrupted piece of shit and couldnt really understand why some greeks (show them!) admired britain (nice vice!) he was really rpoud of his britain.

i had to correct him ona multiple of ocacasions when he grasped for british evewrytihing that in fact was a western european achievement. hell he even made nation state be a british thing!

he was adorable. and i dont hold no ill will about anything bad he said about greece (i agree with him!!!) becaue he spoke like an insider. but he really wasd in favor of his lilly country. come on! it was adorable. nationalism can take so many different forms. but in the end it remains just that. nationalism.

BlackCat
01-07-2006, 21:49:34
It sounds like you have fallen in love.

paiktis22
01-07-2006, 21:50:28
the top of the cake was this. we were sitting in one of the finest popular restaurants of athens. (tip when in athens go to thiseion (station #2 from the center of the city) and choose either "attalon" or "dioskouroi" restaurant. there choose "meze mpekri" definitely as a dish). and some of the "godlen youth of greece" boys started stepping on the gas with their motorcycles. It was very irritating. well the wales chap could speak greek so he shouted "go away" (let me tell you that can be enough for a brawl). theyt went away eventually without incident.

and i said: that's exactly the sort of behavior that pisses me off in greece. and he said: well we had that same thing in britain but we fixed it because parents started calling them police

excuse me dear! you haven't fixed a damn thing in britain! just watch your hooligans or your tourists. they have the worse name and for a reason!

of course, everything had to start from britain! britain is the pioneer in everything! i'm sure they invented condoms first too! :lol:

ok, i find this trust in the state? right, adorable. but pleeeze. sometimes a continental can feel really more down to earth.
i was eating heavenly and didn;t want to spoil my sugar pie by giving him the education and also he was rather naive and inoccent in his own nationalism so i didnt feel the need.
but it's funny. nationalism can come in so many different forms but it ends the absolute same. shame. same.

VetLegion-
01-07-2006, 21:53:19
Summary? It's not that I don't respect you paiktis, but I've fallen out of practice with long posts :D

paiktis22
01-07-2006, 21:57:47
we can be balkan nationalists vetty and we still are way more cosmopolitan than a wales person :D

VetLegion-
01-07-2006, 22:03:27
Oh, that. Of course. I respect people of all religions and nations, I only hate Serbs, Greeks and Russians.

Kidding of course ;)

We all have our prejudices, one who hasn't throw the first rock, OK? Nobody? I knew it.

But that shouldn't be a barrier to anything.

VetLegion-
01-07-2006, 22:12:33
OK, I read it all and I have an observation. What makes a country better through time is when enough people bitch about things, like with those motorcyclists. If enough people took time to write complaints about bureaucracy for example (there are procedures for that!), we would even have better bureaucracy I bet.

Countries where people are more ready to bitch about things (their rights etc) are generally more prosperous.

But on the other hand there's probably a tradeoff in that living among bitchers isn't the best way to spend life.

So my solution would be to have plenty of bitchers, moaners and other annoying people around in order to improve the country, but have them all live in one (walled) neighbourhood.

paiktis22
01-07-2006, 22:20:34
well he can bitch and it's in his favor. reallly, resists, refuse. but 10 seconds later when the golden youth started making noise, a police car arrived. that's pretty damn efficient i would say! the thing that i found entertainng is how he thought everything in britain was better than in the whole world! it's very true that britain is more efficient, economically sounder etc. than in countries like greece however it gets ridiculous to believe that every single thing in britain is the source of everything that's good in the world! britain has done its part and its recognized for it. it has done some very shitty things too. and is recognized. i don't know. io have seen nationalism in all its forms and sorts. i have seen french nationalismi which i find sympathetic, english nationalism which i also find symathetic, albanian nationalism, which i find misogynist(!) it's true! maybe because of religion and i have seen greke nationalism which is dumb dumb dumb! and the turkish kind which is down right frightening. but no matter its form nationalism stays the same everywhere. paradoxcically i have not seen nationalism from germans...

VetLegion-
01-07-2006, 22:26:34
I'd love to visit Britain.

Of course they have their flaws, and a lot of them too, I mean they elected Blair, he lied them into a war, and then they REELECTED the bastard... that's a big flaw right there.

Maybe I visit soon enough, they've canceled the visa regime.

paiktis22
01-07-2006, 22:35:15
my one and only visit in britain is not remembred in fondness. i might have been 14 years old? we stepped ouit of a central train station in london and i got out and i remember a pathetically grey sky and some miserable brown buldings. and i felt depressed. (really!0. then we went with my mom through picadilly station and then through soho. there i saw prostitutes and drunken men vomiting on the sidewalks. not the most great spectacle, let me assure you! i was angry at my mom for putting me through this although she didnt know we were going to go through this! i remember goig to some british fast food chain and me not eating anything out of punishment for my mom for "making me see all this" ! :lol: (poor mom :lol: )
anyway. i can't judge through one single visit of course! and so long ago. that would be unfair. i will probably go soon and visit a friend who's studying there. so i can also get a grown up feeling of london. but paris has stolen my heart from long ago and that can't really change ever :) all others are doomed to be second.

VetLegion-
01-07-2006, 22:46:25
I've been in Paris, but not to London, so I can't compare yet. Paris didn't impress me. Maybe if I was with a girl it would have, it's supposedly very romantic. But it was cloudy and lousy when I was there.

paiktis22
01-07-2006, 22:53:10
it is very romantic yes :) anyway i was there as a child too, so i haven't went there with a girl. (although we planned to but that's another story). my auntie (my mother's sister) lived there. so i went there often. i remember that place just instantly clicking with me. brussels, paris, same thing. both felt like home. my antie lived in an "immigrant" neighboorhood (although she wasn't an immigrant) and everything there had a flavor so close... and humane... people would sell fruit in the streets like a outdoor mall, everyone was smiling, the sun was shinining, I had a home (my mother's sister) i would go walk and enjoy everytihing (i could speak french) everyone was so polite and smiling and friendly (despite the prejudisms about french people) and i just felt like home there... i have visited paris on a number of occasions. that feeling of "home" has never left me.

Christoph
01-07-2006, 23:09:55
Where is Greece anyway? If someone gave me a map of Europe I couldn't find it.

paiktis22
01-07-2006, 23:12:27
That's probably a fortunate thing :D

paiktis22
01-07-2006, 23:24:52
although i have to say the most frithening place i was ever through was germany. maybe because of all those things you used to hear about germans in western europe. anyway we were driving though germany with my mom. so we stopped somewhere in the middle of nowhere. there was a gas station and a fast food place. we went to the fast food and there were some people, man i couldnt tell if they were men - transvestites or women. wether they would beat us up or not. really freaky feeling. then we stopped at some village and even though we had lived in belgium for so long (belgium villages are so perfect they are below 0 celcius) that village seemed so cold. robotic like. with robots. they wanted to kill us. aaaaaah! alright. probably too much tv. bt germany. *shivers* they might have been good people, i had a prejudism about them. (like being in the mouth of the wolve sort of thing).
whereas i remember austria as the most cozy of places. and italy of course as a funny charade.
everything takes funny shapes in the mind of a child. i'm sure that when i go to places like that now that i'm older i'll have a dfferent view. maybe less real. maybe more.

Funko
03-07-2006, 08:09:11
Originally posted by paiktis22
which is peasant hell, am i right? i think i am. cows and dog shit)

Sheep and dog shit.

Colon
03-07-2006, 09:10:57
Can you believe I thought this thread was going to be about whales hunting?

Fergus & The Brazen Car
03-07-2006, 10:37:04
Originally posted by paiktis22
the top of the cake was this.

That's the cherry with icing on the rahat loukoum.

You should write a Greek-English phrasebook.

I'd buy it.

LoD
03-07-2006, 11:39:33
Originally posted by VetLegion-
Countries where people are more ready to bitch about things (their rights etc) are generally more prosperous.[...]

If that was true, Poland should be the world hegemon.

King_Ghidra
03-07-2006, 11:56:41
vetlegion is some poly idiot right?

Chris
03-07-2006, 12:09:28
Save the wales!

LoD
03-07-2006, 12:24:41
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
vetlegion is some poly idiot right?

He's not an idiot, I assure you.

self biased
03-07-2006, 13:40:04
summary = :brwncard:

King_Ghidra
04-07-2006, 08:05:40
Originally posted by LoD
He's not an idiot, I assure you.

Originally posted by VetLegion-
Countries where people are more ready to bitch about things (their rights etc) are generally more prosperous.

i guess he's just naive then

Chris
04-07-2006, 10:12:18
Maybe he's not some idiot, maybe he is THE idiot!

shagnasty
05-07-2006, 12:03:28
Originally posted by Funko
Sheep and dog shit.

Surely that's sheep and sheep shit? Wales is dog shit, appart from the nice bits where there are no Welsh. :D

Funko
05-07-2006, 12:06:16
dog shit from the sheep dogs.

shagnasty
05-07-2006, 12:13:32
Hmmm. I can see now how much more fun that would have been in a sheep shit fight. "Oh sorry sir, I thought it was sheep poo."