PDA

View Full Version : Drivers are such fucktards.

shagnasty
20-06-2006, 08:20:26
jesjes they are. I was inches away from visiting the hospital after some berk in a space wagon type car decided that I wasn't really going round a round-aboutafter all. I simply was not there at all.

Nob head fuckstick car driving cunts. Do eyes not work in broad day light in the morning? All cars should be banned from the road and made to sit in a field for the rest of eternity jesjes (not really).

Seriously serious though, it does seem that motorcycle mags and papers have got it right when they say "Assume that all drivers cannot see you, that way you can be ready in case you do get hit"

Skanky Burns
20-06-2006, 08:22:06
They can't see bright red cars either. Mine got run into two weeks ago.

mr_G
20-06-2006, 08:23:07
brooommmm brooommmmmmmm brooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe your scooter jacket was not eye-catching enough

Asher
20-06-2006, 08:23:24
People on motorcycles tend to be the most annoying drivers, after people in Civics.

And especially the fuckers who drive on the far side of the lane.

mr_G
20-06-2006, 08:24:30
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
They can't see bright red cars either. Mine got run into two weeks ago. don't forget the white one

shagnasty
20-06-2006, 08:29:04
Originally posted by mr_G
maybe your scooter jacket was not eye-catching enough

Could well be troo. Black leather tends not to be to bright. But still, it's not as if i'm invisible....or am I....:confused:

Gary
20-06-2006, 10:07:29
"Assume that all drivers cannot see you, that way you can be ready in case you do get hit"The most sensible advice ever given on the subject. Except of course one should be able to reduce the chances of getting hit at all, if prepared.

If the damn government wastes any more of my money showing that ludicrous "public info" ad any more I'll scream ! Oh yeah, like everyone is deliberately deciding to ignore small thin transport at junctions just for a laugh ! Right, course they are ! One needs to work WITH human nature to improve things, not continually "hit one's head against the brick wall" trying to overcome it, just so authority can say, "well we tried so it's not our fault". Results are what counts.

King_Ghidra
20-06-2006, 10:31:04
Originally posted by shagnasty
Could well be troo. Black leather tends not to be to bright. But still, it's not as if i'm invisible....or am I....:confused:

black leather at night isn't so good eh

stealth gimp

shagnasty
20-06-2006, 10:33:56
jesjes I am Streethawk....without the Hyperthrust.

This was 6.30ish this morning.

Skanky Burns
20-06-2006, 12:18:27
White blends in with the background. Even if the interior is bright pink. Um...

Venom
20-06-2006, 12:50:07
Motorcycle drivers are indeed twats. I saw one this morning. Would have served him right to be bumped as he was doing 85mph down the right side of the road passing anyone he could. I was hoping to see him fly off the bike.

King_Ghidra
20-06-2006, 12:57:10
literally fly off the bike? like ET?

Venom
20-06-2006, 13:05:34
Yeah, but only thanks to inertia. Not magical alien powers.

King_Ghidra
20-06-2006, 13:08:00
if you're ignorant or drunk enough, inertia can have a magical quality to it

Venom
20-06-2006, 13:13:27
Inertia must use a lot of mana then because it never lasts long.

God damn I'm a dork.

King_Ghidra
20-06-2006, 13:25:51
i never figured you for the console rpg type. i must dig up some of those archived threads from the games forum to expose your nerdiness

shagnasty
20-06-2006, 13:28:28
Originally posted by Venom
Motorcycle drivers are indeed twats. I saw one this morning. Would have served him right to be bumped as he was doing 85mph down the right side of the road passing anyone he could. I was hoping to see him fly off the bike.

That twat deserves to be smashed into bits for that. Most accidents involving motorbikes are caused by car drivers (and lorry drivers) not paying attention though. Not all I know, but most.
I think they are anyway. I'm sure there is a stat somewhere that says so.

Venom
20-06-2006, 13:28:51
Oh we all saw your powers in the recent D&D thread in this very forum, KG. You've got nothing to say! NOTHING!

Venom
20-06-2006, 13:29:51
Originally posted by shagnasty
That twat deserves to be smashed into bits for that. Most accidents involving motorbikes are caused by car drivers (and lorry drivers) not paying attention though. Not all I know, but most.
I think they are anyway. I'm sure there is a stat somewhere that says so.

Hey, if you're on the plains of Africa with a bunch of Elephants, and they start running around. You better stay the fuck out of the way.

shagnasty
20-06-2006, 13:40:37
Fair point I suppose.

When I say lorry drivers, I mean the pricks driving the 7.5 tonne box wagons. They do drive like maniacs. I've been a drivers mate with 2 different drivers in the past, one was an ex-squadie so was trained to drive like a blind lead-footed no-armed gorilla, and the other bloke was a nice enough chap who said that they had had several complaints about the above mentioned ex-squadie gorilla, but by the end of the day, he was just as bad.
I don't think I've ever been quite so brown-trousered in my life as I did in those 2 days. I'm talking spare underpants time with bicycle clips.

Venom
20-06-2006, 13:51:17
Oh truck drivers are psychopathic assholes. No doubt about that.

Asher
20-06-2006, 20:13:50
The other week I saw a bad 1-vehicle motorcycle wipeout. About 5 other cars were already pulled over to help the guy, who looked to be unconscious...no idea what he was trying to do.

Japher
20-06-2006, 20:35:25
where you in Pittsburgh?

Venom
20-06-2006, 21:01:48
:lol:

Of course, that wasn't Roethlisberger's fault. That old lady put a car in front of him Grand Theft Auto style and he hadn't trained his bike skill up high enough to hang on.

DaShi
20-06-2006, 21:13:20
Last week, I was driving in NYC. This week I'm driving in Nashville. I have to say, Nashville drivers make NYC drivers look sane and courteous. On my first day here, I spotted 4 diiferent drivers who left their turn signals on. What's worse, halve of them used the wrong one to begin with. Also, it seems Tennessee drivers don't know how to drive if there is more than 1 foot of space between them and the car in front of them.

Gary
20-06-2006, 21:17:50
Oh it's easy to drive if there is more than 1 foot of space between you and the car in front. Clearly you have to speed up to close the gap.