PDA

View Full Version : All about Germany

Vincent
08-06-2006, 20:00:28
http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,411157,00.html

Posted a link a few months ago, but a lot of new articles have been added.

The articles "Asparagus", "Cowboys", "Elevators" and "Trash" are very true. Especially the Asparagus one

Drekkus
08-06-2006, 20:18:07
Bah, is nix gut. The one about the bicycles doesn't even mention the fact that all german bikes were stolen from the dutch during ze war.

KrazyHorse@home
09-06-2006, 02:14:02
Is that site a joke? The more I read about Germany there the less urge I ever have to visit.

It's also not unusual to hear of someone who's gotten an expensive parking ticket in the mail because an aged window-peeping German watched them pull into an illegal space, wrote down the license-plate number and called the police -- without, of course, ever having spoken to the perpetrator.

What the fuck are you, a country of assholes?

KrazyHorse@home
09-06-2006, 02:22:35
Only 65.7 percent of Germans have had the second booster shot necessary to thwart measles.

The average age of the German student on completing their studies has started to drop, from 30 in 2002 to 28 in 2005.

Wide leafy boulevards may be nice to look at, but the base of every tree is sure to have been turned into a canine bathroom. Most parks are full of piles. And sidewalks, particularly smack in front of building entrances, aren't off limits either. A recent count on the small street of Libauerstrasse in the eastern Berlin neighborhood of Friedrichshain -- hands down the most poop-plagued part of the city -- revealed over 70 mutt mounds.

One sultry day, we opened the windows of the train we were riding in to allow some air to circulate. Immediately, people from all corners of the train started complaining "es zieht," then got up and began closing the windows and letting us know how displeased they were with our actions.

Accusatory complaints -- even outright refusal to complete a transaction -- when you are unable to cough up exact change is hardly uncommon.

Fully 33.9 percent of German adults light up on a regular basis.

Seriously, what the fuck?

You're a bunch of rude fucking hippies who smoke but are afraid of GM food, who don't pick up their own dog's shit but write in to the cops when somebody double parks for a few minutes?

:lol:

Vincent
09-06-2006, 05:22:30
In general, but there are more harsh rules

Oerdin
09-06-2006, 06:01:46
Originally posted by KrazyHorse@home
Is that site a joke? The more I read about Germany there the less urge I ever have to visit.

What the fuck are you, a country of assholes?

It sounds like one of my asshole coworkers. She surfs the net all the time, watching myspace for a message from her latest boyfriend, yet if I go on Counterglow or Poly she whines to no end to our manager and complains it is so unfair she has to work while I surf the net. :rolleyes: If the bitch would just do her job as efficently as I do then she'd have down time as I do plus I got twice the percentage raise she did because I actually manage my projects and get them to be on time and on budget.

Take that bitch.

KrazyHorse@home
09-06-2006, 06:05:22
It's better if you say that directly to her while bitchslapping her across the face with your dick. :beer:

shagnasty
09-06-2006, 07:15:54
That site seems to be mostly about Berlin but then I didn't read much of it. I had heard from the Gerry that I worked with at BMW that Berlin was a shitehole anyway, but I'm hoping the Black Forest area is a bit nicer. Is it?

Vincent
09-06-2006, 07:24:28
No. It's full of hillbillies

shagnasty
09-06-2006, 07:28:19
Good. I shall fit in well. Should I practice piggy squealing?

Vincent
09-06-2006, 07:32:07
It's german hillbilly. They'll spit on an Ausländer like you an piss in your beer. They'll play the "Hackbrett" all night long next to your sleeping room. They'll feed you rotten dog meat and charge you double. They'll speak in an completely weird language mocking you and your mom

MoSe
09-06-2006, 07:35:00
when I was 16 I went studying german 1 month in Würzburg, a cozy and tranquil southern university town

I was strolling one day with some other furriner student on an almost deserted avenue, the light was red for pedestrians but there was only one car approaching, so we began crossing 1st half of the road, stopping in the middle to wait for that car to pass.
Well, that German driver stopped in the middle of the zebras (blocking our way), wound down his window (it was still in the '70s, even German cars didn't have electric windows yet), and lectured us on road safety and LAWS. In the meanwhile, the light got green for us, and we pointed him out that he was blocking our way. He got befuddled and red in the face, apologised and BACKED UP the car to let us pass.

Vincent
09-06-2006, 07:35:56
Italian communist scum

MoSe
09-06-2006, 07:40:21
I wanted to be a RAF pilot

Colon
09-06-2006, 07:43:10
DISZIPLIN.

Vincent
09-06-2006, 07:43:29
Signor Brigate Rossi

KrazyHorse@home
09-06-2006, 07:46:35
Originally posted by MoSe
when I was 16 I went studying german 1 month in Würzburg, a cozy and tranquil southern university town

I was strolling one day with some other furriner student on an almost deserted avenue, the light was red for pedestrians but there was only one car approaching, so we began crossing 1st half of the road, stopping in the middle to wait for that car to pass.
Well, that German driver stopped in the middle of the zebras (blocking our way), wound down his window (it was still in the '70s, even German cars didn't have electric windows yet), and lectured us on road safety and LAWS. In the meanwhile, the light got green for us, and we pointed him out that he was blocking our way. He got befuddled and red in the face, apologised and BACKED UP the car to let us pass.

Venom
09-06-2006, 12:24:06
Take that German efficiency.

Chris
09-06-2006, 12:43:00
Germany gave us Zepplins, what else could we ask for?

MoSe
09-06-2006, 12:45:42
a bit of humanity

Dyl Ulenspiegel
09-06-2006, 13:13:27
Originally posted by shagnasty
That site seems to be mostly about Berlin but then I didn't read much of it. I had heard from the Gerry that I worked with at BMW that Berlin was a shitehole anyway, but I'm hoping the Black Forest area is a bit nicer. Is it?

There's a reason they call that forest "black". Which does not affect the fact that Berlin is shit.