PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 2006 world cup on XBOX360

maroule
07-06-2006, 10:09:49
the very last installment, on xbox 360, bought it last WE

fairly good graphics (superb stadium, but players are a bit freaky, its' obviously difficult to modelise human skin, they look like plastic zombies) and good athmosphere

great comments, for once (at least the french version)

good interface, easy and pretty navigation, some good inovations and bonuses to unlock

Shitty gameplay. And by shitty I mean unrealistic and boring piece of shit. I bought that piece of junk because PES5 is driving me to a nervous vreakdown (I can't, for the life of Jesus the Saviour, stand that the best players in the world can't hit a proper pass at 5 meters distance, or control the ball with such a lag they all seem to have concrete hips, for fuck sake even I react quicker on a pitch, at times it feels they are ice-skating). And what I got was a travesty of football. All players feel the same (never mind their different statistics), passes look and feel totally artificial (you can't hit long passes for example, however much force you apply to your pass button, it's going straight to the nearer player), long passes bubble stupidly, players run and dribble (i.e. manipulate the ball in afrenzy by running circles around themselves) stupidly, etc etc etc. Can't believe I spend 65 euros on this shit. Plus it's bugged (the substitution system).

Shame on EA, shame on Gamespot for giving it a decent mark (bitches).

Side note: I won the world cup yesterday with England, by beating France in the finals. Just another proof of how totally unrealistic this game is.

King_Ghidra
07-06-2006, 10:14:44
thank you for this review, because in my darkest moments i have considered giving this game a try

maroule
07-06-2006, 10:18:09
I really exagerated my points, you know

I can sell you mine, half price

please?

Nav
07-06-2006, 13:43:10
Originally posted by maroule
Side note: I won the world cup yesterday with England, by beating France in the finals. Just another proof of how totally unrealistic this game is. Yeah like France are going to get out of the group stage!

Sidenote: PC Zone gave this a fairly positive review too.

maroule
07-06-2006, 13:54:50
with an editor the size of EA, and the need to have exclusive previews in the jungle of game publications...

Funko
07-06-2006, 14:34:08
I think the most important thing to take out of this thread is:

*haha* maroule sucks at PES5!!!

maroule
07-06-2006, 14:41:27
:(

I do, big time
I was so enraged last week I smashed my CD (hence went to buy Fifa)
I'll wait for the next version to try again

Funko
07-06-2006, 14:47:42
:lol: :lol:

King_Ghidra
07-06-2006, 16:14:26
:lol: