PDA

View Full Version : Montenegro to Seceede on Sunday?

VetLegion-
19-05-2006, 18:46:31
At least I think the referendum is this Sunday. What say you, are they going to seceede?

Do you even know where Montenegro is? :)

Venom
19-05-2006, 18:56:25
Juding by it's name, it must be in Africa.

Chris
19-05-2006, 18:58:35
No, its in the Balkans.

Venom
19-05-2006, 19:01:39
You should be 100-0ed for that.

Chris
19-05-2006, 19:02:40
Yes...yes I should.

KrazyHorse
19-05-2006, 19:05:49
Originally posted by VetLegion-
At least I think the referendum is this Sunday. What say you, are they going to seceede?

Do you even know where Montenegro is? :)

Yes

Diss
19-05-2006, 19:05:55
I know where Serbia is. :). I assume it's right next door. To the SW I believe.

VetLegion-
19-05-2006, 19:17:22
Dis saves face for America yet again :b:

Diss
19-05-2006, 19:19:30
hey now, we faught a war against the serbians. it's good to know my enemies. :D

My best friend is also what I call serbian-german-american. She's technically not german since her parents weren't born in germany, but she was. Apparantly german immigration is not like the U.S. :).

Scabrous Birdseed
19-05-2006, 19:19:35
If they Secede, what team gets to play the World Cup?

VetLegion-
19-05-2006, 19:24:26
The fastest eleven to get there I guess.

Oerdin
19-05-2006, 19:38:18
Polls all show independence has a slight lead. This really is stupid as Montenegro is to small to do well on its own.

Venom
19-05-2006, 19:39:06
You people have no sense of humor. My first post is hilarious. Go back to Poly.

VetLegion-
19-05-2006, 19:46:15
It's not too small, and in any case it has sea access and a good harbour. I have yet to hear about people with sea access who died of hunger.

Diss
19-05-2006, 19:46:38
Europe has smaller countries. Though not in that region I believe. Kosovo isn't that big, but that situation still has not been resolved. I'm not sure it ever will be it's own country.

Diss
19-05-2006, 19:51:44
It's not too small, and in any case it has sea access and a good harbour. I have yet to hear about people with sea access who died of hunger.

they only die when Hitler comes to invade their ass. Not that Yugoslavia stood up to Hitler for very long. They made the french look like valient fighters. :)

Chris
19-05-2006, 19:53:40
Originally posted by Venom
You people have no sense of humor. My first post is hilarious. Go back to Poly. Racist bastard!

VetLegion-
19-05-2006, 19:57:44
Originally posted by Diss
they only die when Hitler comes to invade their ass. Not that Yugoslavia stood up to Hitler for very long. They made the french look like valient fighters. :)

The reason Yugoslavia didn't stand up to Hitler's invasion was the instability caused by the country being artificial to begin with, and there was also a British assisted coup in the government.

But when it came to resisting occupation, Yugoslavian partisans were secon to none. Seriously.

Diss
19-05-2006, 19:58:35
I remember reading about the partisans, but were they any more effective than other countries such as Poland or France? I can't remember all the details.

LoD
19-05-2006, 19:59:41
Juding by it's name, it must be in Africa.

For the record, I was about to do this joke, but then decided it would be too stupid.

Case n' point.

Diss
19-05-2006, 20:00:26
You people have no sense of humor. My first post is hilarious. Go back to Poly.

haha- I get it. It has negro in it. funny funny. :)

VetLegion-
19-05-2006, 20:01:31
Originally posted by Diss
I remember reading about the partisans, but were they any more effective than other countries such as Poland or France? I can't remember all the details.

Though smaller in population, Yugoslavia fielded many more partisans and tied down many more German troops per capita than did France or Poland.

Venom
19-05-2006, 20:21:16
Originally posted by LoD
For the record, I was about to do this joke, but then decided it would be too stupid.

Case n' point.

If only you had better humor instincts like me. Maybe you'd be a more entertaining poster.

Spartak@CPH
19-05-2006, 20:23:28
Really?

Doooooo

di

dooooooo

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
19-05-2006, 23:41:46
My god, a serious thread and no real attempts to derail it yet. What's wrong with you people?

And now, an essay

An essay on bananas in the military

Issues surrounding bananas in the military can never be over analysed. Advancments in bananas in the military can be linked to many areas. While much has been written on its influence on contemporary living, it is important to remember that ?what goes up must come down.? It is an unfortunate consequence of our civilizations history that bananas in the military is rarely given rational consideration by those most reliant on technology, who are yet to grow accustomed to its disombobulating nature. Though I would rather be in bed I will now examine the primary causes of bananas in the military.

Social Factors

As Reflected in classical mythology society is complicated. When J H Darcy said 'fevour will spread' [1] she failed to understand that if one seriously intends to 'not judge a book by its cover', then one must read a lot of books. No symbol is more potent than bananas in the military in society today. It cleary plays a significant role amongst the developing middle classes.

Of paramount importance to any study of bananas in the military within its context, is understanding the ideals of society. It breaks the mould, shattering man's misunderstanding of man.

Economic Factors

Our world is driven by supply and demand. Of course, bananas in the military fits perfectly into the Watkis-Teeth-Pulling model, which I hope will be familiar to most readers. Market
Value
Of
Gold

bananas in the military

Clearly the graphs demonstrates a strong correlation. Why is this? It goes with out saying that the market value of gold looms over bananas in the military this cannot be a coincidence. Perhaps to coin a phrase bananas in the militaryeconomics will be the buzz word of the century

Political Factors

The media have made politics quite a spectacle. Placing theory on the scales of justice and weighing it against practice can produce similar results to contrasting the vote of the man in the street with that of one more accustomed to bananas in the military.

In the words of the famous political Augstin Woodpecker 'political change changes politics, but where does it go?' [2] Primarily, he is referring to bananas in the military. It is a well known 'secret' that what prompted many politicians to first strive for power was bananas in the military.

I hope, for our sake that bananas in the military will endure.
Conclusion

To conclude bananas in the military parades along man's streets and man waves back. It questions, it stimulates and never hides.

I will leave the last word to the famous Elton Cruise: 'I demand bananas in the military, nothing more nothing less.' [3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] J H Darcy - The Spaniard - 1988 - PPT

[2] Woodpecker - Serving The Greats - 1990 Palmerston House Publishing

[3] Everything you always wanted to know about bananas in the military, but were afraid to ask. - Issue 287 - QKS Publishing

Oerdin
20-05-2006, 03:11:13
Though smaller in population, Yugoslavia fielded many more partisans and tied down many more German troops per capita than did France or Poland.

Relatively flat countries which make it hard for small groups to run, hide, or ambush. Yugoslavia was a very mountainous place so it was perfect for rebel groups. Plus there was a several groups of locals who disliked each other so everyone was already divided into camps.

Frozen Frog
20-05-2006, 04:54:22
Doooooooooooo
Deeeee
Doooooooooooo

It's all in the use of the e

Venom
21-05-2006, 03:51:47
Worst thread of the last 6 months. At least.

DaShi
21-05-2006, 04:04:02
Let's make it interesting then.

Asher, Ming said that if you go back to s'poly, he'll ban you just for laughs and NYE called you a girl.

Lazarus and the Gimp
21-05-2006, 06:45:40

The Atacama Desert?
Namibia?
Eritrea?

Lazarus and the Gimp
21-05-2006, 06:47:54
If they secede, do we get to kick another country out? How about Austria or Switzerland?

Chris
21-05-2006, 12:41:23
Pick Austria, so we can piss Roland off.

MOBIUS
21-05-2006, 12:44:25
I think it would be a brilliant idea for them to become independent.

It currently has Serbia and Montenegro's only sea ports and given Serbia's relations with its neighbours, Montenegro could stand to do well on transit taxes for Serbian goods.

Also, chances are that Serbia probably does better out of the current partnership than Montenegro with Montenegro making a net loss out of the union.

If anyone remembers, the whole disintegration of the former Yugoslavia was precipitated by the secession of the relatively rich Slovenes in 1991 cos they were pissed of that the Serbs were getting fat off their hard work...

Also Montenegro has tremendous potential for tourism, which because of its small population is a positive point where relatively small tourist numbers could significantly boost the economy.

I bet, assuming the vote to secede wins, Montenegro makes it into the EU sooner than Serbia...!

paiktis22
21-05-2006, 20:02:40
It's bad to have further balkanization of the balkans. :gasmaske:

Chris
21-05-2006, 20:08:02
Being a tiny country is just such a great way to make yourself stable and happy, isn'y it.

Oerdin
21-05-2006, 22:17:59
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5003220.stm

And the vote is for independence.

MOBIUS
21-05-2006, 23:14:41
:beer:

Vincent
22-05-2006, 04:46:37
I think it's some kind of country

Funko
22-05-2006, 08:37:16
Originally posted by Scabrous Birdseed
If they Secede, what team gets to play the World Cup?

That's what I was going to ask!

Maybe have a 5 team group.

paiktis22
23-05-2006, 12:58:24
Commiserations.