PDA

View Full Version : Rome: Total War

BigGameHunter
17-05-2006, 05:17:58
As this probably already has a thread, I thought I'd post this one to see the link. I still can't seem to use our CG search engine and am suspicious that it may not be functional and is merely a big secret joke on me.

So...just got this (fashionably late) and wonder what you all think...I have small graphics glitches but am enjoying the "Prologue" so far.

Patches? Tips? Strategems?

HelloKitty
17-05-2006, 05:36:10
I think most people here agree it is amazing. Here is what most of us will tell you.

Stop playing the instant you finish the tutorial then delete the game from your harddrive.

Install fresh but don't load the game.

Go and download Rome Total Realism.

Follow the instructions to install it.

Never look back.

http://www.rometotalrealism.org/

The improvements made by the RTR group are absolutely insane. They redid shitloads of character models, made many from scratch, tons and tons of changes.

maroule
17-05-2006, 07:39:06
seconded, RTR is absolutely fantastic, completely changes an amazing game and makes it a lot better...
BTW, a new extension on Alexander's campaigns is about to come out

Nav
17-05-2006, 11:35:28
Originally posted by BigGameHunter
As this probably already has a thread, I thought I'd post this one to see the link. I still can't seem to use our CG search engine and am suspicious that it may not be functional and is merely a big secret joke on me. You can't search for words shorter than 4 characters. Do a search for 'rome total' and you'll find it very easily.

HelloKitty
17-05-2006, 12:17:54
OHHHHHH!!!!!!!! BITCH SLAPPED BY NAV!!!!

Centara Fugue
17-05-2006, 15:54:45
Jon, have you played this game with the mod they're talking about? Seems like maybe it would be just the thing to see you through a few more weeks without internet. I'm thinking download the mod at work and put it on a mem stick or cd/dvd. I seem to recall you enjoying the game.

JM^3
17-05-2006, 17:01:20
Yeah, itwas a pretty good game..

I could only play it on my old computer though (Because it wouldn't play on XP - 64bit). Now, however, I haev regular XP so it should play fine on my main computer.

I might be interested in picking it up this next weekend.

Jn Miller

Chris
18-05-2006, 03:08:58
Its a great game.