PDA

View Full Version : Comment: The Death of Single Player Gaming by MikeH

Funkodrom
23-11-2001, 14:21:07
Article found here:
http://www.counterglow.net/article.php?id=deathofsp

Aredhran
23-11-2001, 14:31:59
Good article - and very true too (although I still manage to find time for strategy gaames myself)

Funkodrom
23-11-2001, 14:35:13
I think I probably would if there was one that really excited me. AoK is OK, I quite like it MP but it's not really exciting, it's challenging Multi Player but not exciting really. Playing that single player is less fun than beating my head against a brick.

I found SMAC very dull, didn't like the futuristic units compared to the old Civ units, moving from chariots to tanks is cool. Moving from one laser to a better laser is boring.

King_Ghidra
23-11-2001, 16:43:57
what about the aforementioned champ manager - surely the quintessential single player experience.

C.G.B. Spender
23-11-2001, 16:48:48
I think in some parts things are going back to SP. Counterstrike, for example. The online community almost collapsed because of all the cheaters. The new release will have a decent SP mode

Funkodrom
23-11-2001, 16:50:06
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
what about the aforementioned champ manager - surely the quintessential single player experience.

Yeah, there were a lot of SP games I didn't put in. Transport Tycoon was another that I spent way too much time on.