PDA

View Full Version : Secret US prisons in Europe problem SOLVED!

HelloKitty
22-04-2006, 11:20:11
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/04/21/cia.firing/index.html

The source of the information has been caught!

Lets see how they like becoming a ghost!

Cruddy
22-04-2006, 23:05:01
Firing over failing a polygraph test?

"If she floats, she's a witch. If she sinks and drowns, she's innocent."

chagarra
23-04-2006, 01:10:21
Not a ghost.........
Ghost/Kildar is a totally different thing...

:lol:

Darkstar
24-04-2006, 21:28:36
CIA is strict about that. FBI is almost as strict. Secret Service will jail your ass on the spot for failing the wrong poly.

Most of the world's security conscious take poly extremely seriously. Any straw blowing in a strong wind, I suppose.

HelloKitty
24-04-2006, 22:11:57
Which is funny since almost everyone agrees that polygraph tests are useless and the more honest you are on the control questions the more likely you are to fail the test.

Even the guy who developed it says it is worthless.

It is a good scare tactic to bully stupid people into false confessions though.

Darkstar
24-04-2006, 22:53:10
And let's not forget that they train their agents on how to defeat them. So if you train your people on how to defeat them, how can you take them seriously as a measure to test your own staff?

I realize that the CIA doesn't train all 250K+ of its employees to beat them, but it's fairly common knowledge within the community. And a lot of former coverts go into other areas, like analysis. So again, it seems like just one big WTF?

I bet they cannot wait to get the brain scanners up and past the necessary nods to start using them. I've heard they have met with only limited success in the trial cases though.