PDA

View Full Version : Help save Palladium

Greg W
20-04-2006, 10:22:13
Link here (http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=57048) for those that are interested.

MDA
20-04-2006, 10:47:17
what about platinum, ununnilium, and nickel?

especially ununnilium! Its so hard to save any of it.

Greg W
20-04-2006, 10:51:29
*groan*

MDA
20-04-2006, 11:05:44
Never heard of Palladium Books, but that open letter reads much better than those emails I get from those poor leaders-in-exile from Nigeria.

I'm in an unsympathetic mood today though. Just got a temporary, two week promotion for the same pay.

Oerdin
20-04-2006, 11:24:55
I've (briefly) played GURPS before and I used to like their Robotech RPG but it's been 14 years since I bothered with that. I think I will pass though it is a little sad.

MOBIUS
20-04-2006, 11:30:59
Hey even I might get one!

Never really played the system, but know all about it.

The point is that the owner actually had the guts to say the company was in trouble before it suddenly went bust. I know loads of businesses that I've liked go under without my having the chance to support them and it is really annoying when that happens.

Just by reading the posts in that thread they should be saved purely for their service to society: From escape from the reality of a shitty childhood (the main reason why I played RPGs!), to people finding their future spouses etc...

Good luck Palladium!:beer:

mr_G
20-04-2006, 11:32:14
Please Help Save Palladium from Going Down Under

Greg W
20-04-2006, 11:51:02
Oh, the humanity! Of the poor puns.

I'm with you Mobius. Never played any of the systems myself (I do play GURPS, tho I wasn't aware they had anything to do with Palladium, besides GURPS once publishing a RIFTS sourcebook), but I can't help but feel like helping them out. I've at least heard of TMNT, RIFTS, Robotech and a few others.

It was a bummer when he pointed out that this very cry for help could lose them the Robotech licence.

Best of luck to them anyway. :beer:

Greg W
20-04-2006, 12:04:39
Hmm, why do I get the feeling this link is soooooo getting lost in the mass of copycats? And I even helped! :nervous:

MDA
20-04-2006, 12:08:24
I watched Robotech on TV a lot when I was a kid. I had no idea there was an RPG.

Oerdin
20-04-2006, 15:13:42
Originally posted by Greg W
Oh, the humanity! Of the poor puns.

I'm with you Mobius. Never played any of the systems myself (I do play GURPS, tho I wasn't aware they had anything to do with Palladium, besides GURPS once publishing a RIFTS sourcebook), but I can't help but feel like helping them out. I've at least heard of TMNT, RIFTS, Robotech and a few others.

It was a bummer when he pointed out that this very cry for help could lose them the Robotech licence.

Best of luck to them anyway. :beer:

About 13-15 years ago Palladium was publishing GURPS, rifts, and the Robotech RPGs.

King_Ghidra
20-04-2006, 16:10:33
Originally posted by Greg W
Hmm, why do I get the feeling this link is soooooo getting lost in the mass of copycats? And I even helped! :nervous:

Never post anything vaguely important to you in Counterpoint, find a way of shoehorning it into one of the quiet forums. (Games perhaps?)

JM^3
20-04-2006, 19:00:22
Palladium was the worse RPG I ever played..

Might have been the GM though.

JM

Darkstar
20-04-2006, 21:48:11
I did my part for Palladium way back when. I bought several of their offerings, to use as source material in other systems back when I cared to geek out excessively.

They've been slowly going under since before the trading card craze started wiping out younger geekazoids weekly allowances instead of RPGs. They've just fought it longer then most publishers, from what I recall.