PDA

View Full Version : Another CGer on the way!

The Norks
01-04-2006, 11:09:40
Well, seeing as no one has sent the Swedish Police to break down my door yet, I thought I'd drop in and share my news...

Moved to Brighton which was a nightmare as we ended up looking at around 50 flats and houses and having two offers fall through, while the commute became intolerable. I started work in January, and then around late Jan/early Feb I discovered I was pregnant! It was a real shock in one sense, but in another way I think we had been tacitly trying- there had been a lot of baby talk and we're 30 and 36, so the clock's ticking. Anyway, we talked it over and decided that we were heading down this road anyway, although we hadn't expected it to happen so soon, so we are now expecting the sprog sometime in late Sept/early Oct.

I haven't had my first scan yet as I've only just been assigned to a doctor, but I had a scan at 8 weeks as we had a scare. We saw the tiny heartbeat which was literally like a flashing pinhead in a morass of TV interference. I'm at about 12 weeks now, possibly a bit more. Apparently the foetus now has eyebrows, arms, legs, internal organs, etc, and I've felt the first 'fluttering' which is very weird indeed!

We're both really happy, although quietly petrified lol and our families are over the moon as it will be the first grandchild on either side, so will probably be spoilt rotten! My mother has even taken up knitting! Jason has been fantastic throughout, running around after me making dinner and ironing when the sickness and tiredness were overwhelming me, and he's really excited.

I'm hoping for as natural a childbirth as possible, and am opting to have it in a birthing centre if possible, although I may just yell for the drugs on the day, who knows.

We think its a boy, (Jason is hoping to parent a future England striker I think) and we've got a few potential names lined up, but we agreed if its a boy its middle name will be Robert, as that was my Dad's name.

This is all a very strange journey for me as I never thought I'd have children, and I felt very scared and invaded at the beginning, but I've talked to lots of women about their experiences and nearly every one has shared my feelings in some way, so that was a great reassurance. I'm now looking forward to it all, and I feel quietly confident. I think the experience forces you to reassess your life and your relationships, and its been very refreshing and revealing so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone remains healthy and happy, and that the baby gets my good looks and brains LOL ;)

If I get any pictures that look like something more than a bad day for channel 5, I'll try and post them.

Wish me luck! :)

(and what's the latest gossip round here???!!!)

Chris
01-04-2006, 11:35:00
Good luck.

Latest gossip?

Venom and Funko finally annouced their undying love and will be married.

That was about it.

mr.G
01-04-2006, 13:05:20
:beer:

fp
01-04-2006, 13:13:17

Many congrats!

Tizzy
01-04-2006, 13:23:58
Congrats and good luck!

Beta1
01-04-2006, 13:25:50
Hey Norks! I was wondering where you had got to.

Congratulations, hope everythiong goes well and that you dont leave such a long gap till your next visit.

*End Is Forever*
01-04-2006, 14:14:43
Congratulations and good luck. :)

self biased
01-04-2006, 15:11:25
congrats. i hope everything comes out okay.

alsieboo
01-04-2006, 17:25:03
omg thas fantastic news! congrats to you both :non-alcoholic drink:

Lazarus and the Gimp
01-04-2006, 18:23:39
Nice one! Congratulations all round.

devilmunchkin
01-04-2006, 19:42:36
congrats! that is great news!

And I empathize with that whole "feeling your biological clock ticking" deal....

Oerdin
01-04-2006, 20:14:33
Congradulations. I'm so happy for you.

Diss
01-04-2006, 20:39:14
congratulations

Diss
01-04-2006, 20:39:46
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
congrats! that is great news!

And I empathize with that whole "feeling your biological clock ticking" deal....

I have the same feeling. I hope I get pregnant soon.

notyoueither
01-04-2006, 20:59:19
Congrats!

:beer: (but not for you) ;)

Asher
01-04-2006, 21:24:29
Is this kid that wanker devilhalo's or are you sleeping around still?

Are you sure Jason is the father?

mr.G
01-04-2006, 21:36:11
fok you asherboytje.

Asher
01-04-2006, 21:45:25
Just seems like she wastes no time, wasn't too long ago she was praising about her new boy on a forum where DH is known to come, and she's already knocked up.

BlackCat
01-04-2006, 22:08:40
Asher, why don't you take a walk in a local forest and get lost ? The general level of human happiness would rise dramatically if you did.

@The Norks : Don't know you, but still congrats :)

About your feeling of being invaded, well .... ;)

Asher
01-04-2006, 22:27:40
She's a whore, BlackCat. Hence the knocked up bit. Right after she broke up with her boyfriend, who used to come to CG until she flaunted her new boyfriend here.

Don't understand why people are being nice to her, she's clearly a colossal bitch.

Koshko
02-04-2006, 00:09:58
What's the deal with people here breeding? We are supposed to be DIScouraging it. ;)

RedFred
02-04-2006, 00:24:12
Congrats!

Rekrul
02-04-2006, 00:32:48
I'm hoping Asher is being tongue in cheek, but suspect that he's not. Whilst I can't claim to be a paid up member of 'The Norks Fan Club'* (assuming the Norks is aka Angelhorns), I can completely understand why she wants to share her news, and I join the majority here in congratulating her and wishing her well.

Even if you are joking Asher, what you said is, frankly, pretty shitty. When I split with my ex, many years ago, our son was less than a year old. Things got very unpleasant and then she decided it would be a great wind-up to tell me that I was not in fact the father. That hurt me like you couldn't imagine, so I can guess how TN will feel when she reads your comments.

It's not my place to tell people how they should conduct themselves here, but I'm sure no-one will mind if I make a couple of suggestions...

1. If it was a joke - bad taste! An apology is in order IMO

2. If you're being serious - what BlackCat said. Try a motorway if there's no forest handy

* Based only on the fact that I seem to remember not agreeing with a lot of AH's opinions before I left here forever a year or so back - but then again I am getting senile and may be completely wrong about this - it has been known...

JM^3
02-04-2006, 01:31:48
it seems that most women who say that they never want a child change their minds sometime in their 30s

congrats, however don't sexually abuse the kid or allow he/she to be sexually abused(not that I am saying that you would, but I remember you having an atitude that it didn't really matter...)

JM
(I am in favor of population growth)

Asher
02-04-2006, 01:42:19
Originally posted by Rekrul
I'm hoping Asher is being tongue in cheek, but suspect that he's not. Whilst I can't claim to be a paid up member of 'The Norks Fan Club'* (assuming the Norks is aka Angelhorns), I can completely understand why she wants to share her news, and I join the majority here in congratulating her and wishing her well.

Even if you are joking Asher, what you said is, frankly, pretty shitty. When I split with my ex, many years ago, our son was less than a year old. Things got very unpleasant and then she decided it would be a great wind-up to tell me that I was not in fact the father. That hurt me like you couldn't imagine, so I can guess how TN will feel when she reads your comments.

It's not my place to tell people how they should conduct themselves here, but I'm sure no-one will mind if I make a couple of suggestions...

1. If it was a joke - bad taste! An apology is in order IMO

2. If you're being serious - what BlackCat said. Try a motorway if there's no forest handy

* Based only on the fact that I seem to remember not agreeing with a lot of AH's opinions before I left here forever a year or so back - but then again I am getting senile and may be completely wrong about this - it has been known...

It's not a joke. AH was a bitch before, and she's a bitch now. I'm not fan of her ex DH to say the least, but her gloating of finding a new BF on here when she knew DH still read it was tactless, and now her celebrating getting knocked up by the new soon-to-be-ex (honestly, who could live with AH?) on the same forum is just as tactless.

People shouldn't be clapping for her. She got knocked up, big deal. Maybe every time I get laid I should start a thread, and invite all of my exes to come read about it.

Chairman Yang
02-04-2006, 01:45:23
Originally posted by The Norks
Swedish Police

wut? :confused:

and congrats.

Asher
02-04-2006, 01:46:41
I'm also glad to see you've both got apparently stable jobs (you've been working what, 3 months now?) and clearly have long-term goals for your child (future England striker, good job!). You're clearly both ready for this and the kid is going to be very lucky to grow up in such a stable and promising household.

Koyaanisqatsi
02-04-2006, 06:12:33
Congratulations!

(not to Asher)

Darkstar
02-04-2006, 06:37:15
Lady of Hampsters, congratulations to you! :beer: All the best for you and your future little one!

mr.G
02-04-2006, 07:07:26
Originally posted by Asher
I'm also glad to see you've both got apparently stable jobs (you've been working what, 3 months now?) and clearly have long-term goals for your child (future England striker, good job!). You're clearly both ready for this and the kid is going to be very lucky to grow up in such a stable and promising household. you are a boytje, jesjes.

Lazarus and the Gimp
02-04-2006, 08:26:16
There was a certain dreary inevitability about the way this thread would go. Well done, Asher. Couldn't put your vendettas on hold for five minutes and let everyone else have a happy moment, could you?

Beta1
02-04-2006, 08:30:27
^ what this guy said.

BTW norks, I would go for all the drugs you can get. Its not every day you'll get the government offering you that many!

Asher
02-04-2006, 08:32:55
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
There was a certain dreary inevitability about the way this thread would go. Well done, Asher. Couldn't put your vendettas on hold for five minutes and let everyone else have a happy moment, could you?
I'm not the only one fearful for the kid, I bet. Everyone else is just too polite to say anything.

mr_G
02-04-2006, 08:33:50
^^ so you are doing us a favour.
think again mean boytje.

Asher
02-04-2006, 08:36:29
Originally posted by mr_G
^^ so you are doing us a favour.
think again mean boytje.

It's really too much for you to comprehend, you didn't see anything wrong with dumping a girl right after she mentioned she was having a terrible day.

Darkstar
02-04-2006, 08:51:47
I'm not worried any more then normal for Norker's future little one.

She doesn't strike me as one of those people that would be a mega-bitch or worst-parent-on-her-block kind of person. Be careful of judging her purely on forum persona. They are extremely misleading.

Asher
02-04-2006, 08:55:26
Her forum persona collided with real-life activities on here, which is more than enough to go on.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
02-04-2006, 09:02:27

We need an irony smilie.

Darkstar
02-04-2006, 09:05:52
No it isn't. If it was 3 months later, then it was life goes on. That sort of thing happens. You want to see someone smearing things about, you go back to that other thread where I asked about her. I know women who have actually done that, Ash. That's smearing it about.

When people break up, you get that sort of thing on occasion. You never had that ackward time when two of your best friends that had been dating are now broken and they are both starting to date again? From what people are saying about it, that's all that happened back then. If she was trying to smear things or brag, she's doing a terrible job of it. Based on her prior posting, I know she could do a much better job of either one of those things.

You've had a hard on for her for a long time. It might be time for you to admit it, and move on. It doesn't look like she's going to stick around and play.

She doesn't talk like a total fuckwit bint. But right now, you are doing a good job of acting it. You are better then that, Ash.

Asher
02-04-2006, 09:10:59
She does talk like a total fuckwit bint, and she does act like it.

She comes here now when she's got something to brag about: "I've got a new boyfriend!" "I got KNOCKED UP!" and that's it.

Don't you find that a tad bit curious? It would be just a bit too tactless to call up DH himself and tell him, so she pulls this shit and all of your idiots say "CHEERS" and "CONGRATULATIONS" like it's an accomplishment to have a 36 year old man fuck her and break the condom (or whatever else they did).

It's not calls for congrats, it's calls for her to get her shit together. And bragging about it on a site she hasn't been to in a while but her and her ex both posted at is just retarded.

Darkstar
02-04-2006, 09:28:40
She talks like most of the women I know, Ash. Hell, Nell did the same thing, and she wasn't trying to smear it in her ex's face that she was with a new guy and preggo. She just wanted her friends to know she's doing great and PM her friends that they'd need to email her as she was going to be too busy to play on the forums (and that she just recently realized she had been rude and had not meant any offense by ignoring them because she'd been so busy).

I don't find it curious at all. A lot of our lady posters have done the same thing. And they weren't out to make an ex feel bad. She can let her mutual RL friends get the word back to DH in the real world if she is out to bug him, and get much better feedback about the matter. That's what all that 12 year old gossip networking is about. Foruming that behavior doesn't give any satisfactory feedback.

She's just telling all her friends. She's excited about it. She's told told everyone she knows face to face, and has now moved on to random strangers throughout the world. We weren't at the top of the list. This isn't some devious plan to make anyone feel bad. It's just her being happy and trying to let her friends know she was rude but has a good excuse and now she's got a real fun and exciting and very scary thing going on in her life.

Honestly, do you think she is that dastardly clever? I thought you felt she was a mindless bit of female meat walking about the planet. What you keep describing would take a bit of brain power and cowardice. And we know she isn't a coward. She rode around with DH while he was driving like an insane person (doing rally on normal roads, IIRC, which I probably don't).

It's coming across like you are trolling her and her thread, because you are bored.

*End Is Forever*
02-04-2006, 09:33:01
Erm, DH split up with her, not the other way around.

She wasn't bragging about her new boyfriend, it was inadvertently mentioned on a thread about something else.

People start new relationships after they've broken up with other people. Quite frankly DH had nothing to feel offended about.

I don't see anything terribly unreasonable about telling your friends that you're going to have a baby.

I've never met Norks but she seems nice enough, unlike your online persona. Perhaps you should try finding some friends instead of shagging motherboards.

If I was the management I'd consider this thread from Assherhole's contribution onwards, and banning the little shit for good.

Greg W
02-04-2006, 09:43:19
Congrats Norks. :beer: Has your email address changed btw? Did email you a few weeks ago, but then I've been slack, so I'm not readint too much into that.

Asher, well, he's just a colossal waste of DNA. We all know he can't shut the fuck up about anything he has an opinion on. Ever. And we know he never listens. So just ignore the little troll.

Gary
02-04-2006, 10:03:29
Congrats

Kitsuki
02-04-2006, 10:52:11
Yay, congrats for you Norks! :beer:

Asher; really dont know what your problem is; whether you have been bullied for being gay, or dropped on your head as a child, or you are simply an arse - but getting your kicks or some kind of sense of self-worth out of insulting people on the net is pretty low. Crawl back to whichever hole you came from (Poly.)

Beta1
02-04-2006, 11:06:21
Isn't he still banned on Poly?

Given that there are a few people in this thread who have actually met Norks and Asher isn't one of them I think it's safe to ignore him.

Lurker the Seconder
02-04-2006, 11:27:40
Originally posted by Kitsuki
Yay, congrats for you Norks! :beer:

Asher; really dont know what your problem is; whether you have been bullied for being gay, or dropped on your head as a child, or you are simply an arse - but getting your kicks or some kind of sense of self-worth out of insulting people on the net is pretty low. Crawl back to whichever hole you came from (Poly.) seconded!!

zmama
02-04-2006, 13:53:42
Congrats on the new one coming :)

(and thirded)

The Norks
02-04-2006, 15:32:01
thanks everyone for your congrats and good faith :) I'm glad most of you have long term memories.

People move on in their lives, and DH has moved on too and is talking about moving in with his new girlfriend who he started seeing about the time I started seeing Jason (its been nearly a year since we split up). I'm pleased he's happy, and I believe he's pleased I am too. We're on pretty amicable terms, and his new gf actually did some of the conveyancing for our house sale. I told DH I was pregnant before I posted here, incidentally.

So- who else is breeding? Has Drekkus had his yet? Can we get standard issue CG baby T-shirts?

The Norks
02-04-2006, 15:35:21
Originally posted by Greg W
Congrats Norks. :beer: Has your email address changed btw? Did email you a few weeks ago, but then I've been slack, so I'm not readint too much into that.

Asher, well, he's just a colossal waste of DNA. We all know he can't shut the fuck up about anything he has an opinion on. Ever. And we know he never listens. So just ignore the little troll.

G'day!

I did get your mail but I've been up to my eyeballs at work, getting home late and then just about managing to have dinner before bedtime. We still haven't unpacked fully, so thats been weekends gone, and we've literally just got a phone line and internet installed.

I'll reply v soon!!

Mwah x

Dyl Ulenspiegel
02-04-2006, 17:39:35
Congrats!
Btw, couldn't you take Darkstar and Asher as hampster replacements?

Asher
02-04-2006, 20:36:43
Originally posted by Darkstar
Honestly, do you think she is that dastardly clever?

I really do think she's a colossal bitch, and that comes with the territory.

Asher
02-04-2006, 20:43:40
Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
Erm, DH split up with her, not the other way around.
I'm getting contradictory information on this now.

I know DH split up with her, but it was because of her mentioning things on this forum, no?

She wasn't bragging about her new boyfriend, it was inadvertently mentioned on a thread about something else.
I bet.

People start new relationships after they've broken up with other people.
How would you know?

I've never met Norks but she seems nice enough, unlike your online persona.
Oh definitely, she seems like a real nice person and all. That's why I love her so.

Perhaps you should try finding some friends instead of shagging motherboards.
Oh come on, were you even trying there? What does this even have to do with my friends? And shagging motherboards? Is this elementary school?

If I was the management I'd consider this thread from Assherhole's contribution onwards, and banning the little shit for good.
Banning me because I'm more perceptive about the true nature of people here. :beer:

Norks is the kind of person nice to your face, complete with the nausiating "MWAH! I love you all!" bullshit, but kicks you in your balls when you're alone.

mr_G
02-04-2006, 21:02:01
pleez go back to poly and be happy there.
I miss you allready!!!!

Drekkus
02-04-2006, 22:10:11
Hey Norks, congrats! :beer: Ours will most probably arrive in little more then two weeks time. That would be after 36 weeks. Because of what happened last time we will be getting him early.

Rekrul
02-04-2006, 22:12:26
Best of luck Drekkus! :beer: Do you have your emergency bag packed? (The one for you I mean, not your wife...)

Asher
02-04-2006, 22:13:29
Originally posted by Drekkus
Hey Norks, congrats! :beer: Ours will most probably arrive in little more then two weeks time. That would be after 36 weeks. Because of what happened last time we will be getting him early.

The Norks
02-04-2006, 22:14:29
wow that's passed really quickly- I hope it all goes well for you this time, I've been wondering how it was going. Do you know if its a boy or girl yet?

Drekkus
02-04-2006, 22:20:06
Thanks Rekrul & Asher.

It's going to be a boy. Still undecided about the name though. :(

JM^3
02-04-2006, 22:20:42
congrats drekkus

JM

Rekrul
02-04-2006, 22:21:56
Still undecided about the name though. :(

Not Drekkus, pleeeease! One is enough ;)

The Norks
02-04-2006, 22:22:22
names are a minefield- we have a boys name picked out, but can't find a girl's name that grabs us both.

I think CG parents should form a splinter forum called Countersprog where we can discuss this stuff lol

Rekrul
02-04-2006, 22:23:43
Good suggestion - this is all getting a tad broody for my liking... ;)

The Norks
02-04-2006, 22:29:24
BRREEEEEEEEED!

Don't worry, I don't think I'll ever be one of those rose tinted, candyfloss, anne geddes, babies-are-so-cute-and-you-must-love-mine people. Its just that there's so much STUFF you need to know/get/understand/learn when you're expecting, and everyone tells you something different.

Greg W
03-04-2006, 01:17:37
No worries, reply when you can. I just exchanged contracts on a place, so I am a weeeeee bit busy myself at the moment.

If it's a girl, call her Sharon. Then in true Aussie fashion, we can call her Shazza! :beer:

Chris
03-04-2006, 02:37:58
Thanks Rekrul & Asher.

It's going to be a boy. Still undecided about the name though. :( Ignatz is the perfect name.

RedFred
03-04-2006, 04:33:56
Woo hoo!

Way to go Drekkus. ;)

Lazarus and the Gimp
03-04-2006, 07:21:29
Originally posted by Chris
Ignatz is the perfect name.

Bignutz.

paiktis22
03-04-2006, 07:32:13
Congratulations :beer:

shagnasty
03-04-2006, 07:41:02
I don't think I'll ever be one of those rose tinted, candyfloss, anne geddes, babies-are-so-cute-and-you-must-love-mine people.

Wrongo!!! Wait till the hormones get started. jesjes you will change.
;)

Many many congrats by the way.:beer: :beer:

Ignore what this lot say about sleepless nights. As soon as the Norklet makes a silly face you will just go all dribbley again and larf HARR HARR, and you will forget waking up at 3 in the morning to wipe shitty bums.:beer: :beer:

Beta1
03-04-2006, 07:54:34
Norklet - excellent, now you have a girl's name sorted

Scabrous Birdseed
03-04-2006, 07:57:26
Well done AH and Drekkus!

Procreation rocks.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
03-04-2006, 08:08:50
Ignatz is the perfect name.

:hmm:

mr_G
03-04-2006, 09:02:24
Thanks Rekrul & Asher.

It's going to be a boy. Still undecided about the name though. :( I think Pieter is a great name for the young Drekkus.

paiktis22
03-04-2006, 09:06:17
Something with a lot of Js.

Funko
03-04-2006, 09:10:23
Congratulations. :beer:

You know I've always liked the name Michael. :hmm:

mr_G
03-04-2006, 09:12:20
Edgar that would be THE most funny name for young Drekkus.

Greg W
03-04-2006, 09:33:48
Erik. The Viking.

paiktis22
03-04-2006, 09:35:05
Anything but Archibald.

Nav
03-04-2006, 09:42:08
hey congratulations! that's great news.

Greg W
03-04-2006, 10:51:25
Originally posted by paiktis22
Anything but Archibald. Archifullheadofhair?

MattHiggs
03-04-2006, 10:53:43
Great news, hope everything goes smoothly.

Lucy (the missus) was hoping for a drug free childbirth but as the labour passed the 24 hour mark she decided to opt for the epidural.

Provost Harrison
03-04-2006, 10:58:17
They always do. Agonising pain looks OK in theory, but going through it is a different matter entirely :D

shagnasty
03-04-2006, 11:08:46
Drugs are good m'kay.

MDA
03-04-2006, 11:11:31
It's not a joke. AH was a bitch before, and she's a bitch now. I'm not fan of her ex DH to say the least, but her gloating of finding a new BF on here when she knew DH still read it was tactless, and now her celebrating getting knocked up by the new soon-to-be-ex (honestly, who could live with AH?) on the same forum is just as tactless.

People shouldn't be clapping for her. She got knocked up, big deal. Maybe every time I get laid I should start a thread, and invite all of my exes to come read about it.

listen to you giving lectures on tactless!

MDA
03-04-2006, 11:12:04
and good luck, Norks!

BigGameHunter
03-04-2006, 19:05:40
Wow...major life change! I'm sure you will both be wonderful parents...you do tend to lavish a LOT of attention on the 1st one and they end up super sweet and sensitive and smart and a little fragile as a result I think.
Then the second one comes and learns to forage for its own food and you have no pictures of them, anywhere.
:)
Congrats!
And to Drekkus~ I was unaware of your upcoming event! I am really happy for you and Mrs. Drekkus...I know it must be bittersweet (actually, I have no real knowledge of how it must be) but what a great time for you both. Take deep breaths and hold on!
Oh...take the drugs Norks, just take them. Spare poor Jason and yourself the torture.

Asher...*sigh*...you're off your meds again, aren't you?

Diss
03-04-2006, 21:44:14
I'm not the only one fearful for the kid, I bet. Everyone else is just too polite to say anything.

you're right, we are too polite. :)

I don't know her well enough to say anything bad.

Diss
03-04-2006, 21:46:29
She does talk like a total fuckwit bint, and she does act like it.

She comes here now when she's got something to brag about: "I've got a new boyfriend!" "I got KNOCKED UP!" and that's it.

Don't you find that a tad bit curious? It would be just a bit too tactless to call up DH himself and tell him, so she pulls this shit and all of your idiots say "CHEERS" and "CONGRATULATIONS" like it's an accomplishment to have a 36 year old man fuck her and break the condom (or whatever else they did).

It's not calls for congrats, it's calls for her to get her shit together. And bragging about it on a site she hasn't been to in a while but her and her ex both posted at is just retarded.

It's called being a woman. Most women call attention to themselves in these ways. I'm not going to say bad things about people for announcing good news. It's like when people make special threads to announce they are getting married.

DevilsH@lo
04-04-2006, 00:47:14
I agree.

Darkstar
04-04-2006, 01:08:35

Good luck! :beer: Way to go! :beer:
We will be sending out the best thoughts for you, your wife, and the little one, Drekkus!

Chris
04-04-2006, 04:03:08
I'm telling you, Ignatz is the name.

notyoueither
04-04-2006, 04:08:33
Originally posted by DevilsH@lo
I agree.

Cheers, dude.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
04-04-2006, 08:56:59
I'm telling you, Ignatz is the name.

What name?

paiktis22
04-04-2006, 09:40:50
Society's preconceptions are enervating. For example
Velissarius
is a beautiful name.
But would anyone dare name their kid that? No.

BigGameHunter
04-04-2006, 16:03:35
Well...I probably shouldn't be a naming reference.
But I've always like Calvin, even though its a cartoon character now.
And Risa for a girl is cool...

paiktis22
04-04-2006, 16:09:54
I guess the name depends a bit on what you envision your kid to be. For example if I ever have a daughter and I wanted her to burn men's hearts I'd name her Irene. Although the first daughter will have the name of my mother as a sign of gratitude which is Helen.
I'd never name her with something boring like Maria or anything like that.

Japher
04-04-2006, 17:01:51
my daughter is named Jospehine Carol
I like it
we call her Josie
her friends will probably call her something else
we wanted the variability
Carol is my wife's mother's name

zmama
04-04-2006, 17:02:30
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
They always do. Agonising pain looks OK in theory, but going through it is a different matter entirely :D

No

shagnasty
04-04-2006, 17:25:28
Aubrey is a cool name. jesjes it is. you must call the new small person when he/she arrives.

The Norks
04-04-2006, 17:51:27
Diss, everyone like to share life events, not just women. See BGH, Drekkus, Aredhan, Greg W, Funko etc for info. Hell, Laz even shares his DIY events!

Sir Penguin
04-04-2006, 18:30:10
Originally posted by BigGameHunter
Well...I probably shouldn't be a naming reference.
But I've always like Calvin, even though its a cartoon character now.
And Risa for a girl is cool...
Named after the pleasure planet from Star Trek?

SP

Koyaanisqatsi
04-04-2006, 21:53:49
At least she'll be popular with the nerds.

The Norks
04-04-2006, 22:07:39
Risa sounds a bit like Lisa, if Scooby Doo said it.

Diss
04-04-2006, 23:51:04
Diss, everyone like to share life events, not just women. See BGH, Drekkus, Aredhan, Greg W, Funko etc for info. Hell, Laz even shares his DIY events!

I don't share my life events. Everyone gets tired of me talking about my personal life. :). But if I ever get laid, I'll be sure to post it here first. In fact, I may post while in the act of doing it.

Diss
04-04-2006, 23:52:44
I always liked the name Kira for a girl.

And BigJohnson for a guy. :)

Funko
05-04-2006, 08:06:55
Originally posted by Diss
In fact, I may post while in the act of doing it.

That might explain why you aren't...

mr_G
05-04-2006, 08:10:30
:lol:

JM^3
05-04-2006, 08:15:14
it would be nice if your girl gave yuo a blow job while yuo were playing games or posting online

JM

Lazarus and the Gimp
05-04-2006, 12:09:31
That's the sort of statement that can make women irritable.

JM^3
05-04-2006, 12:12:57
lol

like I actually think that

if I had a girlfreind I would come online a lot less...

JM

Lazarus and the Gimp
05-04-2006, 12:14:24
Get an internet girlfriend.

JM^3
05-04-2006, 12:15:08
nah.. girls on the internet don't do anything for me honestly

JM

JM^3
05-04-2006, 12:15:35
I have never been interesting in Cybering or any of that jazz

JM

JM^3
05-04-2006, 12:17:36
that probably means I should spend less time online

JM

MOBIUS
05-04-2006, 12:26:22
Hey Norks, congrats!:beer:

Oh sorry, no more alcohol for you now...;)

*End Is Forever*
05-04-2006, 14:04:03
Originally posted by JM^3
I have never been interesting in Cybering or any of that jazz

JM

Did you not mean "all that jizz"?

Greg W
06-04-2006, 00:11:23
if I had a girlfreind I would come online a lot less...Surprised nobody picked up on the double entendre...

Darkstar
07-04-2006, 20:58:07
nah.. girls on the internet don't do anything for me honestly

JM

that's why Diss pays them. Then, they'll do things for him on the internet.

jsorense
07-04-2006, 21:13:19
Congrats Ms Norks,
You are making some future grand parents very happy. :bounce:

Diss
07-04-2006, 21:24:11
Surprised nobody picked up on the double entendre...

haven't been online in a couple days. Just came back. I was going to post something about his statement, but then I saw your post.

HelloKitty
07-04-2006, 21:36:44
Here is how to pick the name!!!

http://www.behindthename.com/random/

If the Kid is a Welsh Transformer here is a good one.

Rhamantus Trefor

Diss
07-04-2006, 21:47:16
it would be nice if your girl gave yuo a blow job while yuo were playing games or posting online

JM

This has been my lifelong fantasy. pathetic isn't it? I want to play Civ4 while getting a BJ. I'm not sure how effective I'll be at playing the game. I wouldn't attempt at playing a more action orientated game such as Oblivion. I'd die.

BlackCat
07-04-2006, 22:08:14
:lol: Wouldn't the BJ be finished long before civ IV even was loaded ?

HelloKitty
08-04-2006, 03:11:09
That is your lifelong fantasy? You are right, that is pathetic.

Funko
08-04-2006, 12:14:04
:lol:

Diss
08-04-2006, 20:25:56
Originally posted by BlackCat
:lol: Wouldn't the BJ be finished long before civ IV even was loaded ?

hey I can last a long time. But civ 4 does take a long time to load.

Diss
08-04-2006, 20:26:20
Originally posted by HelloKitty
That is your lifelong fantasy? You are right, that is pathetic.

Hey I have simple goals in life. I don't set my sights too high. :D

Rekrul
08-04-2006, 21:22:23
Aim low, avoid disappointment

Diss
08-04-2006, 21:30:32
exactly. although it seems I haven't aimed low enough. I can easily fix that.

My new life's goal will be do it with two skanky ho's at the same time.

Rekrul
08-04-2006, 22:15:37
Admirable. Although I think we will require evidence of some kind if we are to believe that you've actually pulled this off

HelloKitty
08-04-2006, 22:24:54
Its easier to get two skanky hos to have a threesome with you than to get one to give you a blowjob at your desk?

Greg W
09-04-2006, 05:39:30
Originally posted by Rekrul
...pulled this offSpeaking of double entendres...

devilmunchkin
09-04-2006, 06:48:09
Originally posted by Diss
Hey I have simple goals in life. I don't set my sights too high. :D
yeah..i used to be that way too... then i decided i'd just rather be alone than have low standards.

JM^3
09-04-2006, 07:02:45
That is what I am doing...

JM

Rekrul
09-04-2006, 07:20:35
Speaking of double entendres...

I knew somebody would pick up on this - surprised it was a non-native English speaker though ;)