PDA

View Full Version : YAAAY.

shagnasty
31-03-2006, 09:10:09
I saw my first wild owl this morning on my way to work. 2 seconds before I saw the owl, a stoat ran across the road in front of me.
The owl was very pretty. I like owls.

mr.G
31-03-2006, 09:13:20
what a day what a day

shagnasty
31-03-2006, 09:20:36
jesjes then a pheasant ran across the road also in front of me.

JM^3
31-03-2006, 09:26:40
You are eating well tonight! :beer:

JM

shagnasty
31-03-2006, 11:08:51
Unfortunatley, old scootey bike is not fast enough to get the pheasant. It was across the road just as I got level with it. Methinks I shall take a gun with me on monday morn.

Oerdin
31-03-2006, 15:53:53
You've never seen an owl before? That surprises me given that you see them so often around here if you go out at night. Rodents like to look for food around the street lights so you'll often see owls near the street lights at night.

Venom
31-03-2006, 15:55:22
Owls are awesome. And they're wiser than me.

Nills Lagerbaak
31-03-2006, 16:03:22
Owls and birds of prey are quality. Other birds are, on the whole, pretty boring. It annoys me that most birds don't seem to be able to walk without their head bobbing back and forth. It makes me want to hold their necks rigid and see if they can still walk.

Venom
31-03-2006, 16:05:56
Hawks are awesome too. We have lots of both around here and they're always swooping after varmits. And small dogs. And babies.

Funko
31-03-2006, 17:38:17
Originally posted by Nills Lagerbaak
Owls and birds of prey are quality. Other birds are, on the whole, pretty boring. It annoys me that most birds don't seem to be able to walk without their head bobbing back and forth. It makes me want to hold their necks rigid and see if they can still walk.

That's how I feel about you.

shagnasty
03-04-2006, 07:02:15
Originally posted by Oerdin
You've never seen an owl before? That surprises me given that you see them so often around here if you go out at night. Rodents like to look for food around the street lights so you'll often see owls near the street lights at night.

Owls round here have not become urbanised yet. There is still quite a bit of countryside for them to hunt in. As for the night thing, this was in daylight.

All birds of prey are cool. I like to watch the Red Kites during the day in the summer. When they circle above, they look like Spitfires. The under-wing patterns look like RAF badges. (only from a distance mind)
Falcons and Kestrels are the coolest animals in the world, apart from Cheetah's and Lions of course.

Lazarus and the Gimp
03-04-2006, 07:31:25
Originally posted by Nills Lagerbaak

Depends on whether they're the type of birds that move on the ground by walking or two-footed "hopping".

Try standing upright, then very slowly swinging your leg up as if about to walk. You'll notice that you instinctively lean back to counterbalance it. In effect, humans do the same motion as birds- it's just not as pronounced because we stand more upright, and need less of a counterbalance effect.

Within seconds of reading this post, half of CG will be walking like John Cleese, and MrG will have fallen over.

shagnasty
03-04-2006, 07:43:07
Which is why we developed knees.