PDA

View Full Version : Primary architects concern is..

Fistandantilus
28-03-2006, 07:58:09
.. aesthetics but just because they don't have to live in the house they design!

That's the opinion of a friend of mine after more than an hour of discussion with the architect who's designing his new house.

If only he knew MrG and his brilliant projects..

Funkobot
28-03-2006, 08:00:05
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
lucien freud is a genius, his art at least acknowledges the reality of the human body and not some ludicrous hollywood nonsense idea of it

That picture reminds me of the cover of Electric Ladyland. Apparently Jimi was furious when he saw it because he said that the photographer had made all those beautiful women look ugly.

mr_G
28-03-2006, 08:01:53
:lol:

well it is no secret that most architect including me jesjes are a little bitje hardheaded.

mr_G
28-03-2006, 08:02:47
Originally posted by Funkobot
That picture reminds me of the cover of Electric Ladyland. Apparently Jimi was furious when he saw it because he said that the photographer had made all those beautiful women look ugly. and i feel sorry for the elephants.

MoSe
28-03-2006, 11:24:32
Hannibal's ones

mr_G
28-03-2006, 11:24:50
Originally posted by Fistandantilus
.. aesthetics but just because they don't have to live in the house they design!

That's the opinion of a friend of mine after more than an hour of discussion with the architect who's designing his new house.

If only he knew MrG and his brilliant projects.. and i guess your friend did not hire the right architect, normally the design of house is a symbiosis between principal and architect.
The commission i did in the private sector ( about 15 now) all went well and we still keep in tough on friendly bases, all but one that is. Never saw the house when finished till two months ago when I went to his funeral.

Fistandantilus
28-03-2006, 11:57:11
Can be. Actually I told him to trust the architect and her experience :nervous:

His fears are that the architect is using this project to make 'experiments' but I don't know the details.

mr_G
28-03-2006, 12:02:51
her?
okay, double hardheaded.

It's just like cooking, do you know any good female chefs? (jesjes MOBIUS there are some exceptions)

MoSe
28-03-2006, 12:05:08
:lol: 6th sense for troubles! :lol:

Fistandantilus
28-03-2006, 12:13:06
I guess I have to hope she's an exception then.. But the fact that she's hot must be taken into account.. no?

mr_G
28-03-2006, 12:21:37
jesjes, i am just being the joker.
there are some fine female architects but they really are rare, mostly the nag around about details before getting the big picture right.

can you show us some pics?
jesjes of her and her designs