PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi channel to start running Dr. Who

Darkstar
17-03-2006, 23:19:42
Sci-Fi starts running the newer Dr. Who tonight. Is it worth bothering with?

The marketting seems to be making out that it's the sequel to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but I figure that's just them trying to get people unfamiliar with the series to tune in, and not a reflection on the actual series.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
18-03-2006, 01:59:58
Cool, forgot this was on, cheers DS. And I read this 2 minutes before it started, great timing!

TCO
18-03-2006, 02:14:57
...and it is fucking A.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
18-03-2006, 04:19:06
Yeah, wasn't bad. Didn't like that the Doctor managed to solve two problems with violence though. And Rose is a flake who had no real reason to go with him at the end of the first hour.

Nice to see the FX are still cheesy, there's humor in the script, and the Doctor is played by someone decent (though I understand that's going to change at the end of the season, right?)

Not sure US audiences are going to get it, though, without having grown up on the series. Ah, I remember the days when we used to postpone dinner just to watch Tom Baker Dr. Who episodes on the ABC back in the 80's... :) Good stuff!

Darkstar
18-03-2006, 04:54:37
Qaj, no worries. Glad to be of help.

I had feared the worst. However, it was actually pretty decent.

I don't see why it wouldn't do alright here in the States. Sci-Fi is definately got a lot less interesting series on lately.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
18-03-2006, 05:36:05
Won't argue with that last bit. Psychic at Large? Puh-lease.