PDA

View Full Version : Echo and the Bunnymen Live

paiktis22
13-03-2006, 14:13:07
It was one of those Sunday nights where you are girlfriendless after a long time so no romantic weekends, all your foreign music friends are bored/broke, married at home playing computer games all the time and you know you'll stay up late at night so you might as well do something. So when at 8.30 you hear in the radio that Echo and the Bunnymen are playing at one hour, you go. And pay the 30.
Under this situation and mind set and without being an avid fan of the group the concert was ok. The one guitarist played a wide variety of different instruments including one that looked like a bouzouki but actually wasn't and it made a sound like a violin. The singer was ok getting on his knees at the beggining of each song as is the tradition. Some nice covers including a sweet mellange of doors and lou reed, a slight door-esque narrative between some songs, all the "hits" "you give yourself to hiiiiiiiiiiim" etc.
The sound was abhorent as is the status quo in the underground CLub 22. And it seemed too loud or I'm getting older. But it was fixed later or I went slightly deaf.
The only problem is that they are not Jesus and Mary Chain but only brush their magic a little bit. Very good stage performance and a big plus that they played 2+ hours with 2 full encores. If you were a fan you'd enjoyed it immensly, I thought it was ok, that night.

King_Ghidra
13-03-2006, 14:27:22
Originally posted by paiktis22
The only problem is that they are not Jesus and Mary Chain

hell of a problem to overcome

girlfriendless? so no texts to keep you going any more these days...

paiktis22
13-03-2006, 14:29:39
I don't sweat it.

paiktis22
13-03-2006, 14:37:32
Although I do sweat my undefencible lapse of reflexes when two young hotties were passing by my car and didn't offer them a ride outside the club. That would have been the paramount ending to the concert. Gdang and damn. :)

MoSe
14-03-2006, 14:21:20
E&tB????

I think I watched their clips on VideoMusic 20 years ago!
didn't they play "Seven Seas"?

paiktis22
14-03-2006, 17:28:29
No idea to be honest!

Lazarus and the Gimp
14-03-2006, 19:14:05
Yes- "Seven Seas" is a Bunnymen track. It was on "Ocean Rain" (which I think was their best album).