PDA

View Full Version : Work is being stupid as ever

Darkstar
01-03-2006, 00:13:07
Another great work stupidity:

Our management has decided to "standardize" everyone's resume by having us train in the exact same programming languages and tools (regardless of whether we actually program or not). They decided to make everyone train on PHP, MySQL, and Cold Fusion because somewhere in their crap filled craniums, they think corporate offers online courses with PHP, MySQL, and Cold Fusion. So they set a deadline for everyone pulling a pay check to take the courses by March 13. And we get weekly reminders that we haven't taken the training.

Problem? Corporate doesn't provide any online training with PHP, MySQL, or Cold Fusion. Instead, some major manager confused a volume discount offer from a trainer they've BANNED with the corporate training offerings. This major malfunction in the management food chain is being protected by his staff from being alerted that all his nagging about taking the free corporate training is just pointing out that if he wasn't the inbred son of the company owner, he'd be a neighbor of Venom's out in a Carolina trailer park trying to shoot a passing squirrel to have a bit of meat for supper instead of pulling down a six figure salary.

What fun stupidity is your work doing lately?

Chairman Yang
01-03-2006, 00:16:43
Obviously it's all market economy's fault.

Tizzy
01-03-2006, 09:23:39
Same shit, different day

Gary
01-03-2006, 09:45:58
Different sort of stupidity.

The company launched a new type of account yesterday. So I guess there was a big marketing push out there, not that I spotted owt, but there again I wasn't exactly looking for it.

However what I couldn't fail to spot was the massive amount of decoration and the competition and the folks in daft costumes with balloons on their head, and the free giveaways of all sorts of crap, and the tannoy announcements to join in, and the email telling you to do the same, etc etc etc

Arrhhhh... don't they realise that fake jollity and false enthusiasm isn't something Brits do ? Too much dignity to stoop that low. (At least not southerners, unsure about the over friendly lot up north. :))

Who are they convincing ? Apart for a handful of visitors this is just getting to the staff who have either worked on it and so already know about it, or haven't and couldn't give a toss so long as Marketing make progress in the marketplace.

Are we all supposed to go goo-goo over a tub of free candy floss and a plastic slinky spring ?!? Good God they'll be getting us waving the little pink book next, and singing the company song in the morning.

The cost of that lot could have compensated me for the lack of a pay rise over the last 2 years. The banners and stuff is still up, hope it goes soon, it's blocking the vision through the doors.

Nav
01-03-2006, 09:51:20
Gay Boss #2 making the very important announcement that we should wipe up our shit streaks.

oh and banning MSN messenger.

mr_G
01-03-2006, 09:53:57
my boss is going to ban msn toooooo
the asswipe

Tizzy
01-03-2006, 09:54:49
You should punch him on the nose, that'll teach him

mr_G
01-03-2006, 10:02:01
done

http://webdisk.planet.nl/heijm509/publiek/album/hit_boss_004.jpg

shagnasty
01-03-2006, 10:11:43
Your fist must be ever so sore from all the nose-punching G. as well as all the bollockings you must get.

mr_G
01-03-2006, 10:13:28
jesjes inderdeed
and do not forget the callosity on my palms from wanking.

shagnasty
01-03-2006, 10:18:10
Give ur boss a double-fisting. jesjes a double is the way to go.

mr_G
01-03-2006, 10:19:19
single fisting = sooooooo 90's

shagnasty
01-03-2006, 10:19:44
- FACT!