PDA

View Full Version : Song Tapper

Kitsuki
20-02-2006, 16:50:04
http://songtapper.com/s/tappingmain.bin

Just whiled a way 20 mins with this little toy...

Basically you tap in the rythym of a song, and it tries to predict the song... I tried it quite a few times, and its sometimes really accurate, and sometimes quite crap. Very amusing though... I tried to do "Smells like teen spirit" (just because its so easy to remember in my head) and it suggested the Star Trek theme song... :lol:

Scabrous Birdseed
20-02-2006, 19:08:58
Fun. It's got Imagine and Wonderwall so far and failed pretty spectacularly on almost everything else.

Scabrous Birdseed
20-02-2006, 19:40:37
I thought it only got obvious ones, but it got "Who Put The Bomp" by Barry Mann straight off the bat! (Although god knows what I was doing tapping that in...)

Scabrous Birdseed
21-02-2006, 08:33:09
I think I've figured out what kind of song it "likes" - It has to be quite fast with a slightly unsteady beat consisting mostly of quavers, semi-quavers and crochets. Nothing to drawn-out, freely rhythmed and no ballads.

Songs that support the theory: "Who put the bomp", "Smooth Criminal", "Raindrops keep falling on my head"...

Scabrous Birdseed
22-02-2006, 10:15:03
I'm embarassed at making the fourth post in a row but I've made up a game to challenge myself and wanted to share being vaguely sad.

You start off with tapping any song, and when you reach the results screen you have to pick one of the song titles it offers and try to tap that. You're not allowed to tap a song twice in the same chain, or tap songs you've never actually heard. For instance, my current chain of six ended with these suggestions:

My Favorite Things
The Llama Song - ??
Every Day I Love You Less And Less - Kaiser Chiefs
Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Only - Nine Inch Nails

My Favourite Things was the correct guess and I'd done Stairway to Heaven previously, so I was stuck with three songs I didn't know and couldn't tap, which means I was out. Can anyone beat 6?

Kitsuki
22-02-2006, 10:20:43
Well, I am glad at least one other person found it amusing... ;) :)

Scabrous Birdseed
22-02-2006, 10:36:41