PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Some scary sounding shit here...

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 09:36:13
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1710062,00.html

Debaser
15-02-2006, 09:53:49
That is scary. America's planning to take over the world.

I like priority 3 - It means "if you're not with us, we'll fuck you up"

The report identifies four priority areas:

Defeating terrorist networks

Defending the homeland in depth

Shaping the choices of countries at strategic crossroads

Preventing hostile states and non-state actors from acquiring or using weapons of mass destruction

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 10:03:31
That was the one that amazed me too. Have people not learned that by meddling in other people's business you breed resentment??

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 10:04:39
Oh, and another statement to Britain said something about this being a global war and everyone needing to take responsibility?? Why are they trying to start another world war?

Funko
15-02-2006, 10:07:04
Why is it scary?

The emphasis switches from large-scale, conventional military operations, such as the 2003 invasion of Iraq, towards a rapid deployment of highly mobile, often covert, counter-terrorist forces.

That's really common sense... we and most European nations are doing the same. The military is finally (20 years late) catching up with the fact that there's not going to be a huge tank battle with the Russians in Europe.

As for the other side, they are also saying "The US will work to ensure that all major and emerging powers are integrated as constructive actors and stakeholders into the international system." which is a positive thing.

It is spun out as some kind of doomongering by the writers but what it's really saying is:

We need to adapt the military to the modern world
We can't 'go it alone' all the time so we need to engage better with foriegn governments in these operations.

I'm not saying it's all good, but I think it's less bad than the old policy.

Funko
15-02-2006, 10:08:10
Just to clarify... I don't like the "shaping strategic crossroads" bit but that's no different from how it is now. It's the changes that are improvements I think...

The other three points are sensible.

Debaser
15-02-2006, 10:10:20
Yes you're right Mike, the current American government has a great record when it comes to tact, restraint, and diplomacy. I apologise for my cynicism.

Funko
15-02-2006, 10:15:18
Huh? How is that even related to what I said?

Immortal Wombat
15-02-2006, 10:16:05
"Shaping strategic crossroads" is no different from ever.

I do find it distantly amusing that anyone can say "we face a ruthless enemy intent on destroying our way of life and an uncertain future" without pausing to consider the fantastic irony of using such a statement to declare an endless war against an ideology.

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 10:17:53
Originally posted by Debaser
That is scary. America's planning to take over the world.

I like priority 3 - It means "if you're not with us, we'll fuck you up"

I really dont see what's so objectionable about it?

This also means lobbying them to join international organisations, to provide aid and support and to encourage the democratic process. Sounds more like an all encompassing diplomatic strategem, rather than a military one to me.

The warmongering slant comes from the writer imo. I don't agree with a lot of US Foreign Policy, but I don't see what's so new or objectionable in this article.

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 10:18:11
Yeah, I think you should be a little more cynical about these things Mike, after all you have been proved wrong with lots of your "it's not so bad stuff you have said before".

It is basically saying that they will exercise more power, with less of the conventional controls, to establish american interests and power across the globe.

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 10:19:37
WTF?! They have said clearly that the way they intedn to get Africac countries "onboard" is by more arms sales.....you think that's peacfull coersion?

King_Ghidra
15-02-2006, 10:21:40
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
I do find it distantly amusing that anyone can say "we face a ruthless enemy intent on destroying our way of life and an uncertain future" without pausing to consider the fantastic irony of using such a statement to declare an endless war against an ideology.

:lol:

but the USA has the right ideology, everyone else is wrong! Don't you see??!

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 10:22:25
100s of un-manned predator drones flying round the world assasinating whoever they want? How can alarm bells not be ringing...

Debaser
15-02-2006, 10:25:19
Originally posted by Funko
Huh? How is that even related to what I said?

What it's really saying is:

We can't 'go it alone' all the time so we need to engage better with foriegn governments in these operations.

I just mean sometimes the Bush administration has had funny (and in my opinion wrong/criminal) ideas about the best way to engage with foriegn governments.

Funko
15-02-2006, 10:44:24
Originally posted by Nills Lagerbaak
Yeah, I think you should be a little more cynical about these things Mike, after all you have been proved wrong with lots of your "it's not so bad stuff you have said before".

It is basically saying that they will exercise more power, with less of the conventional controls, to establish american interests and power across the globe.

Not assuming the worst before we have all the information doesn't mean I'm later proved wrong, it means I didn't jump to a conclusion on limited information that later turned out to be correct. I also didn't jump to the opposite conclusion that turned out to be completely wrong.

Anyway, my point is that the foriegn policy (which is what you have the problem with) is changing little with the new info in that article. The 'War on Terror' is already happening but just being rebranded. (I think it's as stupid and unwinnable as the war on drugs, other than governements do still have to try and prevent terror attacks wherever possible).

It doesn't make any difference whether you are bombed by an unmanned drone or a manned plane in my opinion.

We are having the same debate here about 'influencing foriegn governments at strategic points' after the Hammas election. Good discussion on Question Time the other day about how we help them make the transformation to democratic government and whether or not or how engage with them... That statement in and of itself isn't bad.

Plus I have a problem with the level of facts to opinion in that article. All the cold war to more modern army restructuring is totally expected and sensible. For the rest you and the writers are taking some fairly ambiguous statements and taking huge leaps from what the statements are to what you think they mean.

Funko
15-02-2006, 10:46:28
I can't remember if this was posted here before, but I thought it was interesting:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/31/AR2006013101081.html

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 10:53:37
The Grauniad has stories like this all the time too - read The Telegraph and they will have the polar opposite in it. Some good and some bad in what they are saying. The army restructuring and their stated objectives arent really new, they are common sense and they aren't unexpected. Really dont see whether the author of the article was going with it.

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 11:03:34
Not assuming the worst before we have all the information doesn't mean I'm later proved wrong, it means I didn't jump to a conclusion on limited information that later turned out to be correct. I also didn't jump to the opposite conclusion that turned out to be completely wrong.

Anyway, my point is that the foriegn policy (which is what you have the problem with) is changing little with the new info in that article. The 'War on Terror' is already happening but just being rebranded. (I think it's as stupid and unwinnable as the war on drugs, other than governements do still have to try and prevent terror attacks wherever possible).

It doesn't make any difference whether you are bombed by an unmanned drone or a manned plane in my opinion.

We are having the same debate here about 'influencing foriegn governments at strategic points' after the Hammas election. Good discussion on Question Time the other day about how we help them make the transformation to democratic government and whether or not or how engage with them... That statement in and of itself isn't bad.

Plus I have a problem with the level of facts to opinion in that article. All the cold war to more modern army restructuring is totally expected and sensible. For the rest you and the writers are taking some fairly ambiguous statements and taking huge leaps from what the statements are to what you think they mean.

Believe what you like Mike, obviously. I form opinions not only on every bit of evidence I have , but on past experience. That is why I find "policies" like this scary.

Funko
15-02-2006, 11:07:35
Ok. But the policy you don't like hasn't changed with anything in that article. It's all the same as before they are just restructuring to be able to carry it out better.

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 11:10:08
Yes! That's my point exactly. It's like what they do but more efficiently executed and with less room for negotiation / dissent / any other point of view. It's a terrifying vision of the next few decades if you ask me.

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 11:11:37
Oh, and I'm not talking about "our allies" here......who they seem to be appeasing

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 11:25:49
Do you know, they have aliens at Roswell too? FACT!

Debaser
15-02-2006, 11:35:42
Watch it Nils, as Aerosmith once sang; Cheney's got a gun... (and we know he know's how to use it)

http://img.meetup.com/photos/event/9/9/d/8/event_39384.jpeg

King_Ghidra
15-02-2006, 11:36:18
Yes! That's my point exactly. It's like what they do but more efficiently executed and with less room for negotiation / dissent / any other point of view. It's a terrifying vision of the next few decades if you ask me.

hmm you think so, so not like the previous few decades then?

as far as i can see this is just a blueprint for a cold war against terrorism and then all the regular stuff the US has been doing ever since it became a superpower

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 11:41:57
I'm not saying it's any less scary than the last 100 years.

chagarra
15-02-2006, 11:45:08
Sorry but this bullshit has hone far enough....
If the yanks, the only power in the world capable, maybe, of slowing or stopping this current mongol invasion, don't succeed in doing so.. My greatgrand kids will be speaking arabic and living in mud hovels like like the majority in muslim countries.... While the leaders live in luxury....

Yes we are in the middle of WW3, call it jihad, and we're losing badly....

You pedantic wankers will also not be around..

And that hawk message comes to you from a generation that's seen so many wars it don't matter....

Debaser
15-02-2006, 11:47:18
What "current mongol invasion" is that?

chagarra
15-02-2006, 11:49:40
If you don't understand history, unfortunately you will have to live it again..

You don't understand the word barbarian...

Debaser
15-02-2006, 11:52:12
Seems I don't in this context. Please enlighten me...

King_Ghidra
15-02-2006, 11:53:38
Originally posted by chagarra
My greatgrand kids will be speaking arabic and living in mud hovels like like the majority in muslim countries....

:lol: :lol:

stop already, my sides hurt

chagarra
15-02-2006, 11:54:02
Fuck off

And join the muslims...

Funko
15-02-2006, 11:56:53
Surely our great grandkids will more likely be speaking Cantonese or Hindi.

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 11:59:35
MrG will have caused the end of the world by then most likely.

chagarra
15-02-2006, 12:10:22
Check the birthrates..... Four wives, 10 to 12 kids for each male..... As permitted, and in fact required, in the Quran.

And the wasp population is declining.... We are too rich to have kids.

Why do you think china is making up to the US..
India can't go anywhere other than thru muslim pakistan.

Every country in the world is being flooded with muslim breeders, and we're letting them do it due to doo gooders, and their fatuitous bullshit..

chagarra
15-02-2006, 12:11:25
End of story, I won't be baited any further...

Debaser
15-02-2006, 12:26:07
Brilliant! But while I think that American legislation probably is a bit heavy handed, I don't think it actually goes as far as planning to wipe out whole religions... Still, I hope I'm wrong! For all our sakes! And our childrens!

King_Ghidra
15-02-2006, 12:29:54
End of story, I won't be baited any further...

oh come on, pour another cup of cocoa and deliver some more fatuous bullshit please, i need a chuckle while i eat my lunch

Funko
15-02-2006, 12:30:36
The muslim birth rate is higher than the white birth rate in Europe, that's true.

But it's far from clear whether we'll continue to get integration within our already highly multi-cultural society or not. There could be more progress in the kind of 'European Islam' that takes on board European social beliefs and integrates them with Islam or European Cuslims will want to turn Europe into an Islamic state.

I would argue that some of our governments current policies are tending to push British Muslims more towards the latter when really we should be working towards the former.

As long as we maintain our social freedoms it doesn't matter if the dominant religious group is Muslim, Christian or anything else.

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 12:39:32
OMG, we are in a race war?! We are losing?! Welcome to fascist hell!

Oh more victims of the media. Tony Blair should be shot for politiciing terror.

Ricin plot, remember that? Not a trace of the substance.
Plot to blow up Old Trafford? That one made me laugh.

Is this Chaggarra twat serious?

MDA
15-02-2006, 12:44:05
I could try and argue you've got who is trying to wipe out who turned around

I could argue that conversion by the sword is a muslim thing, and an increasing number of muslims think its time to bring it back, we're just trying to survive it

I could argue that if it weren't for the Crusades, we'd already be speaking arabic, Christianity would be a dead religion, women would have no rights, and atheists and agnostics would be executed if discovered.

I could go on, and on, and on, extending this thread page after page, but this ain't Poly.

Blah.

chagarra
15-02-2006, 12:49:41
Remember the underground....

Yes this OLD twat is deadly serious...

MattHiggs
15-02-2006, 12:54:56
Fantastic thread :lol:

The muslims are coming to get us!

chagarra
15-02-2006, 12:58:35
As I said we're losing this time...

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 13:01:24
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
oh come on, pour another cup of cocoa and deliver some more fatuous bullshit please, i need a chuckle while i eat my lunch

In between the fascist far right-wingers and leftist conspiracy theorists I'm having a good chortle too.... :lol:

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 13:03:37
hehe he, I do resent being called a conspiracy theorist though.... Because you try and see past the spin people call you a conspiracy theorist.... I thought a conspiracy theorist looked for aliens.

Immortal Wombat
15-02-2006, 13:04:41
SETI look for aliens. Conspiracy theorists look for aliens in the White House.

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 13:06:29
hehe he, I do resent being called a conspiracy theorist though.... Because you try and see past the spin people call you a conspiracy theorist.... I thought a conspiracy theorist looked for aliens.

Don't worry, only for comic effect - you make Simon Hughes sound like a Tory tho, which is a remarkable feat mate... ;) :)

King_Ghidra
15-02-2006, 13:18:32
SETI look for aliens. Conspiracy theorists look for aliens in the White House.

IW, you are being very funny today

protein
15-02-2006, 13:25:37
People ask why I left this place. It's because of people like Chagarra and Chris saying things like that and then everyone having a go at me for disagreeing or causing a stir.

protein
15-02-2006, 13:26:14
hello btw. I'm bored because some frigging band hasn't turned up and I'm forced to surf the internet for entertainment.

do di dooo

mr_G
15-02-2006, 13:27:48
dooooooooooo di dooooooooooooo to you tooooooooooooooo

Immortal Wombat
15-02-2006, 13:29:31
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
IW, you are being very funny today Probably sleep deprivation I think.

mr_G
15-02-2006, 13:29:57
IW, you are being very modest today

MattHiggs
15-02-2006, 13:32:59
Originally posted by protein
People ask why I left this place. It's because of people like Chagarra and Chris saying things like that and then everyone having a go at me for disagreeing or causing a stir.

I hate the fact that when a political debate starts people feel the need to try and post spam posts as the forum is 'getting too serious'. I'd rather read through one of these threads than a doooooo di doooooooooo thread anyday. With threads like this you get to know people a little better.

Funko
15-02-2006, 13:37:03
It's not the political discussion I object to, it's when it gets so vicious it descends into a mud slinging abuse match.

There's something about 'political discussions' (or any other discussion really...) on the internet that blows stuff out of all proportion. I know I have ended up having massive internet rows with people on subjects where I vary only very slightly from their opinion...

Venom
15-02-2006, 13:42:00

Which is exactly what you do to other people. I hope you see the irony and hypocracy there.

MDA
15-02-2006, 13:43:34
If CG had a government, it would be a hypocracy

mr_G
15-02-2006, 13:48:55
and i would be Pitler!!!!

MDA
15-02-2006, 13:51:24
The Furrier!

mr_G
15-02-2006, 13:53:08
:lol: jesjes Heil Pitler our Furrier

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 14:08:16
I am one of the most political people on here probably, and have very solid opinions. I don't however think having really deep political discussions is very often worthwhile. Mostly because when you are having an argument with someone on the net you don't have them right in front of you and people tend to get nastier and more personal than they ever would to someone's fact (pretty much the case with all internet arguments, but politics seems to be the absolute worst.) If you are in a real life situation you can have a pint and it tends to be more pleasant (at the CG Reading meet we talked alot about politics (up until the part where I was too wasted to remember where I was and what everybody's real name was) and it was far more fruitful a discussion than any thread on the forums ever could have been.

Political discussions on the net have to be handled with care. Especially "x is evil /brillaint" threads which have very emotive advocates on either side.

Just my two penneth.

Doooooo di doooooo (just for Protein and Matt ;) )

Funko
15-02-2006, 14:15:15
Well said Kitsuki... that's exactly what I meant. :beer:

King_Ghidra
15-02-2006, 14:21:11
Originally posted by Kitsuki
If you are in a real life situation you can have a pint and it tends to be more pleasant (at the CG Reading meet we talked alot about politics (up until the part where I was too wasted to remember where I was and what everybody's real name was) and it was far more fruitful a discussion than any thread on the forums ever could have been.

i don't doubt that's true, but i think the real reason for that is that most of the people with extreme opinions on the political issues were not present at that meeting and debate

if you gathered chris, protein, chagarra and dyl (or similar) in a room and made them talk iraq then i think you would get something not dissimilar to what we see online

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 14:21:24
the internet should be banned!

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 14:21:47
Oh, meant to say I used to post a lot on an unofficial Conservative Future forum when I was Dep. Chairman nationally - they are all in the same party and the arguments are really nasty and personal sometimes. Happens on the LDYS and NUS boards too. I just think its doomed to horrible, horrible arguments.

:beer:

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 14:22:19
I'm tempted to start up and online petition for banning the internet. No paper copies will be made.

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 14:29:57
There is an added advantage / disadvantage to t'internet. You are exposed to all these nut cases from abroad, that are way off the political compass that one is used to at home, as Funko has once remarked.

Funko
15-02-2006, 14:31:05
Of course if you think they are a nut case who's totally off the political compass, they think exactly the same about you. If you have two sides arguing who thinks the other side is a nut case there's unlikely to be anything productive...

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 14:32:49
I'm not discriminating here - both lots of them are loons... ;) :D

chagarra
15-02-2006, 14:33:04
Hey... I've just reread my posts, and the only person I abused was debaser for trolling...

Funko
15-02-2006, 14:33:29
I mean... I consider myself fairly far to the liberal left in the UK but even I think that Nills and Protein are pretty extreme from time to time... so god knows what the Americans make of them.

Funko
15-02-2006, 14:34:27
Just to make it clear: I don't think this thread ever descended into personal abuse.

MDA
15-02-2006, 14:35:54
Suck it, asshat!

Funko
15-02-2006, 14:36:24
FAX YOU!

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 14:36:30
Of course if you think they are a nut case who's totally off the political compass, they think exactly the same about you. If you have two sides arguing who thinks the other side is a nut case there's unlikely to be anything productive...

I never said who was the nutcase.

Funko
15-02-2006, 14:38:47
I should more properly have used "one"

As in: "Of course if one thinks someone is a nutcase who's totally off the political compass..."

But didn't want to sound all Royal.

King_Ghidra
15-02-2006, 14:39:17
Hey... I've just reread my posts, and the only person I abused was debaser for trolling...

i don't know if an accusation of trolling carries much weight in a discussion where someone seriously suggests that mud hut-dwelling muslims are trying to take over the world

chagarra
15-02-2006, 14:41:09
But there really is a serious problem out there... Islamists breed so fast it's like the proverbial scourge of locusts, they strip the land just to feed themselves, then make war for more land..

King_Ghidra
15-02-2006, 14:42:43
i think you are insane

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 14:44:53
Insane, ignorant and rude. No politics about it.

chagarra
15-02-2006, 14:47:51
Maybe I am insane, but i"ve seen the last sixty years change the world, much for the worst....

Could you please show me some countries where islam is established, that are not poverty stricken.... Virtually starving, and living as their ancestors of centuries ago lived...

Immortal Wombat
15-02-2006, 14:51:31
UAE? Bahrain? (metropolitan) Indonesia?

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 14:51:47
My god, you're speaking as though Muslims are some kind of different race. Need a history lesson on the Third Reich?

Nills Lagerbaak
15-02-2006, 14:52:33
Have you ever been to these countries? Do you know more than you see on television? Iraq had excellent schools, univeristies, espected scientists, surgeons, etc. etc.

I can't be arsed to argue with predjudice like this.

chagarra
15-02-2006, 15:06:14
Kitsuki
I reiterate... "the current mongol invasion".... They are the barbarian at the door...

Their religion, per se, does not advance education not necessary to parrot the Quran... Unfortunately as MDA said, many muslims are being turned to using the sword for their mullah's benifit.

Education would be a much better solution...

I W
Ok I should have said wahhabi islam..
Not oil money islam.
Have you been to indonesia.... Capital cities are not countries...

chagarra
15-02-2006, 15:11:19
For every educated muslim how many are dirt poor peasants.... The educated Iranians, mainly bathists, lived a luxurious life.

I can't be arsed to argue with blindness... Take the blinkers off and look at the global picture....

Chris
15-02-2006, 15:11:40
People ask why I left this place. It's because of people like Chagarra and Chris saying things like that and then everyone having a go at me for disagreeing or causing a stir. Why do people feel inclined to bring me in to things I have nothing to do with?

If you are too stupid to realize things like the Cartoonfadeh are just the begining, that is your problem but leave me out of it.

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 15:12:43
Islamists breed so fast it's like the proverbial scourge of locusts,

This is the post I refer to, which implies that -

a ) they are some kind of other race.

b ) that they are on the same level as insects.

I'm absolutely horrified and disgusted by that kind of language and imagery. Really makes me feel sick to the stomach.

chagarra
15-02-2006, 15:26:10
Very weak stomach..... Are you aware that reality bites....???

OK lets just take indonesia for starters....
Why did they need to take over timor, papua and all the islands between....

Because there was not enough land left to feed the population... So they pressganged thousands of Families to open up new farms, gave them hand tools and moved on.... This has been going on non stop for the last 25 years to my knowledge.... Stripping forrests and burning them, enough to create a total smog spread across the whole of asia....

chagarra
15-02-2006, 15:27:31
Is that locust like for you....??

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 15:32:13
Sorry, not going to get baited by a racist. Have a nice day.

chagarra
15-02-2006, 15:35:36
Live long and prosper.....

If they let you.

Kitsuki
15-02-2006, 15:42:02
Yup, I sleep with a gun under my pillow every night just in case they come and get me. I live in mortal fear, mortal fear I tell you. Some days I cant even open the front door. Others I need to fire three shots under the bed and three into the wardrobe before I even get up. Be fearful I tell thee.

Funko
15-02-2006, 16:33:36
... rivers of blood...

Immortal Wombat
15-02-2006, 16:36:45
I W
I'm trying to reason this out, and as far as I can make out, the glimmering nugget of truth in the middle of your ball of bullshit is that what you should have said, is people living in dirt-poor countries in the middle of fucking deserts. Race and religion have very little to do with people having no agricultural land and breeding like rabbits because until recently it was the best insurance against poverty in old age. Christian sub-saharan Africa is no different. Huge tracts of central Asia under Islam, or Buddhism, or Bon, or atheism, are no different.

Christianity, per se, does not advance education not necessary to parrot the Bible.

The "global picture" is that billions of people live lives utterly different from yours, and some of them seize the opportunity to move to Western countries. I can't imagine any circumstances where the correct response is to turn around and say "fuck you, locust-man, this country is for freedom and democracy, not scum like you." It's self-defeating.

DevilsH@lo
15-02-2006, 16:38:08
I'll be long dead before any of this happens. And i have no kids so i really couldn't give a flying fuck.

Just for record UK Armed Forces have been restructured since the 1998 defence review, our whole ethos is currently based around small scale warfare, or peace keeping. That's why when the situation with terrorism gets out of hand in areas of iraq they call us in. Only good can come out of them moving in line with our concept of ops.
If anything i see that more as a cost saving statement cos they really aren't changing the intentions they have held for as long as i can remember.

And as for "Shaping the choices of countries at strategic crossroads"
We have been doing that since 1919

MattHiggs
15-02-2006, 17:20:58
Just out of interest Chagara; what are your opinions on this?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/editorial/australia-cannot-afford-to-silence-the-voice-of-science/2006/02/13/1139679531907.html

A federal Liberal MP has declared that control of the abortion drug RU486 must remain with parliamentarians to stop Australia turning into a Muslim nation.

Danna Vale - whose Sydney electorate of Hughes takes in parts of Sutherland Shire where race riots took place in December - has backed moves for parliament to retain power of approval over the controversial abortion-inducing pill.

Mrs Vale argued that such a move would stop Australia from aborting itself out of existence and ultimately becoming a Muslim nation.

"I've actually read in (Sydney's) The Daily Telegraph (newspaper) where a certain imam from the Lakemba mosque actually said that Australia's going to be a Muslim nation in 50 years' time," she told reporters.

"I didn't believe him at the time, but you know when you actually look at the birth rates and when you look at the fact that we are aborting ourselves almost out of existence by 100,000 abortions every year and that's on a guesstimate.

"You multiply that by 50 years, that's five million potential Australians we won't have here."

It is not the first time Mrs Vale's comments have attracted attention for the wrong reasons.

As former veterans affairs minister she was often asked repeated and detailed questions on defence policy by Labor during Question Time.

Her constant promises to take the question on notice instead of answering on the floor of parliament prompted gales of laughter from the Labor benches.

Mrs Vale was also the minister who presided over the controversial road works at Gallipoli.

She was criticised last year following her proposal to build a Gallipoli theme park on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula - the idea that was universally rejected.

Her comments on RU486 come as MPs prepare for a rare conscience vote this week to decide if Health Minister Tony Abbott should be stripped of his authority on use of the drug in favour of medical experts at the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).

Senators last week voted overwhelmingly in favour of a private members' bill giving Mr Abbott's current powers to the TGA.

Ahead of the vote in the House of Representatives, some coalition MPs have proposed amendments to that bill, amid concerns the lower house will follow the same voting pattern as the Senate and overturn an effective ban on RU486.

An amendment put forward by a group of five female coalition backbenchers, headed by Jackie Kelly, would see Mr Abbott retain his power of approval but give parliament the ultimate say on any decision by the minister.

Mrs Vale backed the proposal, while linking the abortion drug debate and the prospect of Australia becoming a Muslim nation.

"The ramifications it (the bill) actually has for the community and the nation we'll become in the future is not for the decision of a TGA," she said.

"That's the kind of consideration that has to be before the parliament by a minister and by the parliamentarians themselves.

"Every piece of legislation we have has ramifications for the kind of country we are and that's why we have parliamentary representation."

But her concerns were not shared by Mrs Kelly.

"I think Danna's on her own on that one," she said.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
17-02-2006, 23:29:36
This whole thread is sidestepping the issues, incuding that newspaper report of KG's. It's not a race thing, it's memetic war. The meme with the best chance to replicate is the one that wins. It's like selection of the fittest, only with minds instead of genes.

Abortion pills or lack thereof won't defeat the underlying meme that calls for reduction in birthrate.

Oh, and living on Indonesia's doorstep does tend to give one a wonderfully paranoid outlook. I can vouch for that :)

Provost Harrison
18-02-2006, 12:04:36
Sorry but this bullshit has hone far enough....
If the yanks, the only power in the world capable, maybe, of slowing or stopping this current mongol invasion, don't succeed in doing so.. My greatgrand kids will be speaking arabic and living in mud hovels like like the majority in muslim countries.... While the leaders live in luxury....

Yes we are in the middle of WW3, call it jihad, and we're losing badly....

You pedantic wankers will also not be around..

And that hawk message comes to you from a generation that's seen so many wars it don't matter....

What a load of rubbish. It is western culture, by a mile, that is globally dominant. And naturally there is going to be a level of hostility to that. But the actions that have been employed have only served to stir it up to record proportions, and with some of the pictures coming from Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib, it's hardly surprising. As for these so-called 'Mongol Hordes'...that is pure fantastic sensationalism...

Provost Harrison
18-02-2006, 12:16:05
Kitsuki
I reiterate... "the current mongol invasion".... They are the barbarian at the door...

Their religion, per se, does not advance education not necessary to parrot the Quran... Unfortunately as MDA said, many muslims are being turned to using the sword for their mullah's benifit.

Education would be a much better solution...

I W
Not oil money islam.
Have you been to indonesia.... Capital cities are not countries...

Are you a Christian? Because from my perspective, Islam and Christianity are every bit capable of carrying out the same horrors. Let's ne honest now, the West has the power to completely wipe out the middle east, at the press of a button, if your threat was really true. But let's be honest, it isn't, it's by getting people to believe what you believe that they are able to wage the wars they do and get their hands on the resource rich areas of the world they desire. Let's be honest, Saddam's regime was always very buddy with the West until relatively recently - it's only now their interests are not aligned that the Gulf Wars have happened.

Immortal Wombat
18-02-2006, 13:55:24
the thread necromancers thank you

MOBIUS
18-02-2006, 17:41:46
Has this dickhead fucked off back to FFZ yet?

Cruddy
18-02-2006, 19:44:16
Sheesh, what some people will do to maintain a military presence in Saudi Arabia.

chagarra
18-02-2006, 23:33:54
NO MOBIUS>>>>

This dickhead was here LONGGG before you, and Dosen't visit FFZ...

UP YOURS>>

cheers.

PH

Throw in all of the rest of the religions, and you'd still be right about the horrors...
It's the way the religion is being used that's the problem...

But it appears I'm the only one here that sees it....

Dyl Ulenspiegel
19-02-2006, 00:43:15
This thread makes me remember why I no longer post on poly.... :vom:

Chris
19-02-2006, 03:52:17
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Has this dickhead fucked off back to FFZ yet? What makes you think I would welcome it on my forum, you dickhead?

notyoueither
19-02-2006, 03:57:57
I'm trying to reason this out, and as far as I can make out, the glimmering nugget of truth in the middle of your ball of bullshit is that what you should have said, is people living in dirt-poor countries in the middle of fucking deserts. Race and religion have very little to do with people having no agricultural land and breeding like rabbits because until recently it was the best insurance against poverty in old age. Christian sub-saharan Africa is no different. Huge tracts of central Asia under Islam, or Buddhism, or Bon, or atheism, are no different.

Christianity, per se, does not advance education not necessary to parrot the Bible.

The "global picture" is that billions of people live lives utterly different from yours, and some of them seize the opportunity to move to Western countries. I can't imagine any circumstances where the correct response is to turn around and say "fuck you, locust-man, this country is for freedom and democracy, not scum like you." It's self-defeating.

Good point, but then you have to wonder what motivated people born in Britain to strap on bombs and commit suicide while killing other Britons.

There is a conflict raging. It is between an ideology frozen in the twelfth century and another frozen in the nineteenth.

'They' must defend Islam and expand it's influence. 'We' must spread our ideals to the backwards peoples of the Earth.

Lazarus and the Gimp
19-02-2006, 08:46:24
Originally posted by notyoueither
Good point, but then you have to wonder what motivated people born in Britain to strap on bombs and commit suicide while killing other Britons.

Well, the British sense of humour has often baffled foreigners.

chagarra
19-02-2006, 11:01:37
Strap on's have always been dangerous....

Ask Kitty....:D

Lazarus and the Gimp
19-02-2006, 11:29:29
The thing is, in Britain we got kind of used to the concept of people born within the boundaries of Britain committing terrorist acts. They weren't suicide bombings, but the IRA and INLA certainly were prepared to put their lives on the line to bomb targets, so I can't see how it really makes much different.

In any society, you get disenchanted and over-excited people who can end killing people for some sort of cause. Viewing the situation in terms of "good guys v bad guys" doesn't really help.

Immortal Wombat
19-02-2006, 16:46:13
Originally posted by notyoueither
I'm going to assume it's not a desire to breed rampantly and live in "mud huts", and thus not strictly irrelevant to the destruction-of-our-culture-by-immigration thing.

Greg W
20-02-2006, 00:39:28
You know what the whole problem with immigration and integration is? Many who partakes of it wants the former, but doesn't want the latter. You know, we had a suburb of Sydney ask (well, at least they asked of course) a few years ago if they could stop teaching English in their schools, and teach Turkish (I think it was Turkish, I forget the details) instead. They were refused.

They built a huge Mosque on the edge of the same suburb, facing out from said suburb. And every day they sacrificed an animal (a goat from memory) on the steps of the Mosque, where people from outsaide the suburb could see it. Oddly enough, people kicked up a stink about it, so they were told in no uncertain terms not to. So, they just built another Mosque inside the suburb where nobody would complain, and they still sacrifice an animal every day there.

With the race riots, not sure how much you lot heard, but I have a very good friend at work who's Lebanese. One of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet. His reaction to the riots? To paraphrase him "Those lebanese are dickheads, and not representative of the lebanese community. Their parents are those who fled to Australia in the the last 20 or so years, under the belief that they'd be going back to Lebanon soon. As such, their parents never taught them to respect this country and its beliefs. They were taught that they were Lebanese, not Aussies, and instilled with the hatreds of their parents. They should be sent back home."

If immigration is followed by integration, it's the best thing ever. We get to know new cultures and people, and they strengthen our country. Look at the italians who came to this country after WWII. They were treated with suspicion by a lot of people. But now they're fully integrated into our culture, our way of life, and have strengthened both.

Some others though, and I am not just referring to muslims here, emigrate, and then just build their own countries in miniature, keep to themselves, and refuse to integrate. Shop signages in many suburbs don't even contain English, they're wholly in a foreign language. Some of the people in the shop don't speak English, and in many cases, those that do speak it very poorly.

Where will all this lead? I have no idea. Maybe they'll be like the Italians (and I just used them as an example), and become a part of us, and make us stronger. But if they keep refusing to integrate properly, where will that leave us? What about when we are a minority in our own country? Will they still respect our way of life? Or will they try and force theirs on us? Will they turn our own democracy against us by electing those they want in power, and then changing the laws? What is to stop them using our very own laws against us?

I honestly don't know, but some of the signs are worrying. And don't get me wrong. I want a multi-cultural society. I do worry whether it is working/will work though.

KrazyHorse@home
20-02-2006, 02:57:00
FUCK ALL MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS AND JEWS AND HINDUS AND BUDDHISTS AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO'S NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO MENTION BY NAME

KrazyHorse@home
20-02-2006, 02:57:28
ESPECIALLY THE LITTLE FUCKING HEADLESS ESKIMOES

Funko
20-02-2006, 09:15:39
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Well, the British sense of humour has often baffled foreigners.

Lazarus and the Gimp
20-02-2006, 10:47:04
Is animal sacrifice really a problem? I happily eat meat, and I've occasionally killed my food myself. What's happening in the mosque is probably far less grotesque that the average abbatoir.

Lazarus and the Gimp
20-02-2006, 10:52:37
Originally posted by Greg W
Some of the people in the shop don't speak English, and in many cases, those that do speak it very poorly.

So how do they differ from any other Australian?

Greg- isn't Oz about 92% Caucasian still?

Funko
20-02-2006, 11:06:06

Kitsuki
20-02-2006, 11:23:13

Greg W
20-02-2006, 13:03:00
Is animal sacrifice really a problem? I happily eat meat, and I've occasionally killed my food myself. What's happening in the mosque is probably far less grotesque that the average abbatoir. And there's a reason abbatoirs do it indoors and not out.

Greg- isn't Oz about 92% Caucasian still?. Oh, I'll pay that one. :lol:

Greg W
20-02-2006, 13:05:26
Ranking | Ancestry Responses | % of population | % of responses
63 Afghan 12,410 0.1 0.1
128 African American 1,203 0.0 0.0
121 Afrikaner 1,645 0.0 0.0
189 Akan 124 0.0 0.0
69 Albanian 10,459 0.1 0.0
146 Algerian 696 0.0 0.0
30 American 44,255 0.2 0.2
139 Anglo-Burmese 822 0.0 0.0
64 Anglo-Indian 12,327 0.1 0.1
191 Angolan 115 0.0 0.0
148 Arab, n.e.c. (includes Baggara, Bedouin, Yemeni) 623 0.0 0.0
58 Arab, n.f.d. 15,840 0.1 0.1
87 Argentinian 6,482 0.0 0.0
60 Armenian 14,667 0.1 0.1
49 Assyrian/Chaldean 18,667 0.1 0.1
1 Australian 6,739,594 35.9 29.5
19 Australian Aboriginal 94,950 0.5 0.4
99 Australian South Sea Islander 3,442 0.0 0.0
33 Austrian 38,112 0.2 0.2
156 Basque 454 0.0 0.0
124 Belarusan 1,378 0.0 0.0
74 Bengali 9,549 0.1 0.0
195 Berber 107 0.0 0.0
153 Bolivian 473 0.0 0.0
52 Bosnian 17,993 0.1 0.1
97 Brazilian 3,763 0.0 0.0
203 Breton 60 0.0 0.0
108 British, n.e.c. (includes Channel Islander, Guernsey Islander, Manx) 2,289 0.0 0.0
66 British, n.f.d. 11,760 0.1 0.1
94 Bulgarian 4,179 0.0 0.0
137 Burgher 919 0.0 0.0
68 Burmese 10,557 0.1 0.0
46 Canadian 20,007 0.1 0.1
145 Caribbean Islander, n.e.c. (includes Bahamian, Haitian, Puerto Rican) 722 0.0 0.0
119 Caribbean, n.f.d. 1,735 0.0 0.0
194 Catalan 109 0.0 0.0
140 Central American, n.e.c. (includes Belizean, Costa Rican, Mayan) 815 0.0 0.0
163 Central American, n.f.d. 397 0.0 0.0
120 Central and West African, n.e.c. (includes Fang, Kongo, Liberian) 1,692 0.0 0.0
187 Central and West African, n.f.d. 143 0.0 0.0
125 Central Asian, n.e.c. (includes Azerbaijani, Chechen, Tatar) 1,356 0.0 0.0
208 Central Asian, n.f.d. 22 0.0 0.0
43 Chilean 21,579 0.1 0.1
6 Chinese 556,554 3.0 2.4
151 Chinese Asian, n.e.c. (includes Hui, Manchu, Yi) 500 0.0 0.0
98 Colombian 3,475 0.0 0.0
78 Cook Islander 8,154 0.0 0.0
100 Coptic 3,344 0.0 0.0
17 Croatian 105,747 0.6 0.5
161 Cuban 414 0.0 0.0
55 Czech 17,126 0.1 0.1
32 Danish 38,637 0.2 0.2
9 Dutch 268,754 1.4 1.2
158 Eastern European, n.e.c. (includes Adygei, Khanty, Sorb/Wend) 431 0.0 0.0
77 Eastern European, n.f.d. 8,227 0.0 0.0
135 Ecuadorian 976 0.0 0.0
39 Egyptian 27,001 0.1 0.1
2 English 6,358,880 33.9 27.9
113 Eritrean 2,029 0.0 0.0
83 Estonian 7,543 0.0 0.0
102 Ethiopian 3,054 0.0 0.0
56 Fijian 16,620 0.1 0.1
15 Filipino 129,821 0.7 0.6
51 Finnish 18,106 0.1 0.1
154 Flemish 460 0.0 0.0
22 French 79,079 0.4 0.3
127 French Canadian 1,246 0.0 0.0
207 Fulani 25 0.0 0.0
168 Georgian 332 0.0 0.0
5 German 742,212 4.0 3.3
118 Ghanaian 1,816 0.0 0.0
8 Greek 375,703 2.0 1.6
190 Gujarati 120 0.0 0.0
210 Gurkha 15 0.0 0.0
171 Guyanese 301 0.0 0.0
106 Hispanic (North American) 2,606 0.0 0.0
116 Hmong 1,836 0.0 0.0
25 Hungarian 62,859 0.3 0.3
147 Icelandic 625 0.0 0.0
165 I-Kiribati 358 0.0 0.0
11 Indian 156,628 0.8 0.7
37 Indonesian 28,267 0.2 0.1
48 Iranian 18,798 0.1 0.1
67 Iraqi 11,190 0.1 0.0
3 Irish 1,919,727 10.2 8.4
4 Italian 800,256 4.3 3.5
129 Jamaican 1,169 0.0 0.0
36 Japanese 31,433 0.2 0.1
150 Javanese 597 0.0 0.0
41 Jewish 22,553 0.1 0.1
105 Jordanian 2,687 0.0 0.0
199 Kazakh 86 0.0 0.0
133 Kenyan 1,118 0.0 0.0
44 Khmer 21,361 0.1 0.1
31 Korean 43,753 0.2 0.2
92 Kurdish 4,494 0.0 0.0
164 Kuwaiti 359 0.0 0.0
71 Lao 10,086 0.1 0.0
47 Latvian 18,938 0.1 0.1
10 Lebanese 162,239 0.9 0.7
182 Libyan 176 0.0 0.0
65 Lithuanian 12,317 0.1 0.1
21 Macedonian 81,898 0.4 0.4
211 Madurese 14 0.0 0.0
143 Mainland South-East Asian, n.e.c. (includes Arakanese, Karen, Mon) 767 0.0 0.0
196 Malawian 106 0.0 0.0
50 Malay 18,294 0.1 0.1
198 Malayali 91 0.0 0.0
14 Maltese 136,754 0.7 0.6
24 Maori 72,956 0.4 0.3
123 Maritime South-East Asian, n.e.c. (includes Balinese, Irian Jayan, Sumatran) 1,387 0.0 0.0
53 Mauritian 17,886 0.1 0.1
186 Melanesian and Papuan, n.e.c. (includes Bisorio, Bougainvillian, Huli) 152 0.0 0.0
159 Melanesian and Papuan, n.f.d. 429 0.0 0.0
122 Mexican 1,635 0.0 0.0
180 Micronesian, n.e.c. (includes Marianas Islander, Marshallese, Palauan) 202 0.0 0.0
201 Micronesian, n.f.d. 80 0.0 0.0
188 Moldovan 140 0.0 0.0
160 Mongolian 415 0.0 0.0
141 Montenegrin 771 0.0 0.0
130 Moroccan 1,161 0.0 0.0
193 Mozambican 112 0.0 0.0
205 Namibian 41 0.0 0.0
115 Native North American Indian 1,856 0.0 0.0
175 Nauruan 280 0.0 0.0
103 Nepalese 2,946 0.0 0.0
184 New Caledonian 173 0.0 0.0
209 New Zealand Peoples, n.f.d. 16 0.0 0.0
16 New Zealander 123,314 0.7 0.5
155 Nicaraguan 456 0.0 0.0
131 Nigerian 1,160 0.0 0.0
126 Niuean 1,301 0.0 0.0
170 Ni-Vanuatu 311 0.0 0.0
132 North African and Middle Eastern, n.f.d. 1,138 0.0 0.0
177 North American, n.e.c. (includes Bermudan, Inuit, Metis) 261 0.0 0.0
136 Northern European, n.e.c. (includes Faeroese, Greenlandic, Saami) 957 0.0 0.0
114 Northern European, n.f.d. 1,992 0.0 0.0
95 North-West European, n.f.d. 3,794 0.0 0.0
54 Norwegian 17,293 0.1 0.1
76 Oceanian, n.f.d. 8,879 0.0 0.0
162 Oromo 398 0.0 0.0
173 Other North African & Middle Eastern, n.e.c. (includes Azande, Beja, Nubian) 289 0.0 0.0
62 Pakistani 12,618 0.1 0.1
85 Palestinian 7,001 0.0 0.0
75 Papua New Guinean 9,441 0.1 0.0
183 Pathan 175 0.0 0.0
152 People of the Americas, n.f.d. 488 0.0 0.0
91 Peruvian 4,772 0.0 0.0
13 Polish 150,900 0.8 0.7
112 Polynesian, n.e.c. (includes Hawaiian, Pitcairn Islander, Tahitian) 2,101 0.0 0.0
117 Polynesian, n.f.d. 1,828 0.0 0.0
34 Portuguese 35,687 0.2 0.2
109 Punjabi 2,263 0.0 0.0
149 Roma/Gypsy 603 0.0 0.0
57 Romanian 16,121 0.1 0.1
26 Russian 60,213 0.3 0.3
86 Salvadoran 6,617 0.0 0.0
38 Samoan 28,091 0.1 0.1
181 Saudi Arabian 181 0.0 0.0
7 Scottish 540,046 2.9 2.4
18 Serbian 97,315 0.5 0.4
111 Seychellois 2,104 0.0 0.0
134 Sikh 1,097 0.0 0.0
27 Sinhalese 58,602 0.3 0.3
84 Slovak 7,054 0.0 0.0
61 Slovene 14,189 0.1 0.1
142 Solomon Islander 769 0.0 0.0
90 Somali 5,007 0.0 0.0
29 South African 52,119 0.3 0.2
144 South American, n.e.c. (includes Arawak, Carib, Surinamese) 765 0.0 0.0
80 South American, n.f.d. 7,903 0.0 0.0
191 South Eastern European, n.e.c. (includes Aromani, Karakachani, Vlach) 115 0.0 0.0
72 South Eastern European, n.f.d. 9,799 0.1 0.0
204 South-East Asian, n.f.d. 44 0.0 0.0
107 Southern and East African, n.e.c. (includes Afar, Tutsi, Zulu) 2,410 0.0 0.0
172 Southern and East African, n.f.d. 298 0.0 0.0
110 Southern and Eastern European, n.f.d. 2,127 0.0 0.0
138 Southern Asian, n.e.c. (includes Bhote, Kashmiri, Sherpa) 915 0.0 0.0
101 Southern Asian, n.f.d. 3,082 0.0 0.0
179 Southern European, n.e.c. (includes Andorran, Galician, Ladin) 218 0.0 0.0
206 Southern European, n.f.d. 30 0.0 0.0
23 Spanish 75,237 0.4 0.3
82 Sub-Saharan African, n.f.d. 7,570 0.0 0.0
96 Sudanese 3,788 0.0 0.0
200 Sundanese 84 0.0 0.0
40 Swedish 24,424 0.1 0.1
42 Swiss 22,151 0.1 0.1
70 Syrian 10,213 0.1 0.0
93 Taiwanese 4,416 0.0 0.0
81 Tamil 7,706 0.0 0.0
176 Tanzanian 269 0.0 0.0
45 Thai 20,606 0.1 0.1
173 Tibetan 289 0.0 0.0
88 Timorese 5,491 0.0 0.0
59 Tongan 14,889 0.1 0.1
73 Torres Strait Islander 9,791 0.1 0.0
166 Trinidadian (Tobagonian) 356 0.0 0.0
178 Tunisian 258 0.0 0.0
28 Turkish 54,596 0.3 0.2
167 Ugandan 337 0.0 0.0
35 Ukrainian 33,960 0.2 0.1
89 Uruguayan 5,196 0.0 0.0
185 Uzbek 160 0.0 0.0
157 Venezuelan 448 0.0 0.0
12 Vietnamese 156,581 0.8 0.7
211 Walloon 14 0.0 0.0
20 Welsh 84,246 0.4 0.4
79 Western European, n.e.c. (includes Alsatian, Frisian, Luxembourgish) 7,917 0.0 0.0
202 Western European, n.f.d. 67 0.0 0.0
197 Yoruba 103 0.0 0.0
169 Zambian 328 0.0 0.0
104 Zimbabwean 2,896 0.0 0.0

Without counting, I doubt that 92% of that is caucasian. That's from a 2001 census (http://www.immi.gov.au/research/publications/people_of_australia.pdf).

Greg W
20-02-2006, 13:10:14
Plus 6.7 million of em (over 1/3 of our population) say they're of "Australian" descent. Fuck knows what that represents, that could mean anything.

Lazarus and the Gimp
20-02-2006, 16:05:19
And another 6,000,000 say English. Looks like a massive majority for Whitey to me.

Funko
20-02-2006, 16:36:20
1,900,000 Irish
500,000 Scottish
84,000 Welsh
742,000 German
268,000 Dutch
123,000 New Zealander
150,000 Polish
17,000 Norwegian
45,000 American...
35,000 Portuguese
60,000 Russians
17,000 Czech
33,000 Ukraine
75,000 Spanish
75,000 French

Another nearly 400,000 greeks too...

That's 17.1 million whiteys already out of the 20 mill.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
20-02-2006, 16:37:49
That's easilz outweighed by the 38112 Austrians.

Funko
20-02-2006, 16:39:06
I apologise. :o

17.138 million whiteys.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
20-02-2006, 16:42:27
And 38112 singing about hills alive with music. So no chance for brownies.

Lazarus and the Gimp
20-02-2006, 16:51:28
How the bloody hell can you have 136,754 of Maltese descent? Are you cloning them?

Funko
20-02-2006, 16:51:45
Is that more than on Malta?

Lazarus and the Gimp
20-02-2006, 16:53:34
Malta's total population is about 400,000. It's still bloody impressive.

Funko
20-02-2006, 16:54:16
They are probably trying to breed their way to dominance of Australia.

Lazarus and the Gimp
20-02-2006, 16:55:53
The CIA rates Australia as 92% Caucasian.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/as.html

Funko
20-02-2006, 16:58:08
I missed 800,000 Italians!!!

Whoops.

that's pretty much 18 million now.

Greg W
20-02-2006, 19:58:16
Yeah, I don't think that's entirely correct though. I am sure that the 6.7 million who say they're of Australian descent aren't all caucasian. But then, there's no way to tell. Oh well.

CIA says 92% though, eh? Well, does seem to back those figures.

And we have twice as many Dutch as Kiwis? Jesus! How the hell did we let that happen? :eek:

Lazarus and the Gimp
20-02-2006, 20:23:42
Would you admit to being a New Zealander? I bet that's what's inflating the Maltese figure.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
20-02-2006, 20:46:26
Actually, Malta was a very densely populated Island already 200 years ago, and there were many emigrants, for example they were one of the largest immigrant groups (3rd or 4th I think) in french algeria.

Cruddy
21-02-2006, 00:45:54
Originally posted by Greg W

And we have twice as many Dutch as Kiwis? Jesus! How the hell did we let that happen? :eek:

Technically the Dutch were the first whiteys to Australia.

Of course, some people's ancestors got there somewhat earlier. But they're not white.

Are they Australian? To you, to them?

I guess whether I think of them as Australian or not doesn't count for anything.

Anyway - couldn't some of the Aussies be descended partly from sheep? At least on the Welshi or Kiwi side? ;)

Cruddy
21-02-2006, 00:50:00
Originally posted by KrazyHorse@home
ESPECIALLY THE LITTLE FUCKING HEADLESS ESKIMOES

What did they ever do to you, to make you hate them so?

The others usually have someone with an axe to grind - but come on, headless eskimoes are not a threat, except perhaps to the Greenland hat industry.

Greg W
21-02-2006, 02:24:43
Originally posted by Cruddy
Technically the Dutch were the first whiteys to Australia.

Of course, some people's ancestors got there somewhat earlier. But they're not white.

Are they Australian? To you, to them?

I guess whether I think of them as Australian or not doesn't count for anything.

Anyway - couldn't some of the Aussies be descended partly from sheep? At least on the Welshi or Kiwi side? ;) 19 Australian Aboriginal 94,950 0.5 0.4

I dunno, one of them told me to go home to my own country the other day when I told him to get off my bus cos he wouldn't pay his fare. He seemed to get really irate when I told him that was my country. ;)

And yeah, the Dutch discovered Western Australia 100 or more years before the Poms. I think they were smoking a lot of dope though, cos they seemed to lose it again soon thereafter.

No, we sheer our sheep. It's the Kiwis that don't sheer theirs with anyone else.

Greg W
21-02-2006, 02:29:15
Apparently we have 25 Fulani as well. ANFI who the hell they are, I think they must be lost in the outback somewhere.

Darkstar
21-02-2006, 09:20:30
You know, it's always the same arguments with immigration and integration, whatever the century.

Lazarus and the Gimp
21-02-2006, 21:17:13
The Dutch who first "settled" on mainland Australia were mass murderers from the "Batavia" mutiny.

Japher
21-02-2006, 21:18:59
I'm dutch... well, my last name is Van Somethingrather

and I live in Batavia, OH!

Does that make me a soon to be Australian?!

OMFG!

Lazarus and the Gimp
21-02-2006, 21:20:32
No. It makes you a mass murderer, you mass-murdering bastard.

Japher
21-02-2006, 21:21:24
that is true... I murder cows and chickens and pigs for my tasting pleasure

MOBIUS
21-02-2006, 22:58:18
Originally posted by Japher
I'm dutch... well, my last name is Van Somethingrather

and I live in Batavia, OH!

Does that make me a soon to be Australian?!

OMFG!

I've visited Batavia, NY. Twice!:cute:

MOBIUS
21-02-2006, 22:59:16
Originally posted by Chris
What makes you think I would welcome it on my forum, you dickhead?

Oh I'm sorry, things have improved there since I last visited?;)

Chris
22-02-2006, 03:40:29
They were never like that, nobody there ever attacks anyone here, I don't see why you can't do the same.

Oerdin
22-02-2006, 05:49:44
For every educated muslim how many are dirt poor peasants.... The educated Iranians, mainly bathists, lived a luxurious life.

I can't be arsed to argue with blindness... Take the blinkers off and look at the global picture....

Iranian ba'athists? What are you smoking?

Oerdin
22-02-2006, 05:52:53
Originally posted by Dyl Ulenspiegel
This thread makes me remember why I no longer post on poly.... :vom:

Except people don't typically post things like this on poly.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
22-02-2006, 05:55:27
Originally posted by Oerdin
Iranian ba'athists? What are you smoking?

Bathists. Those who owned baths.

Funko
22-02-2006, 09:11:13
Originally posted by Oerdin
Except people don't typically post things like this on poly.

Are you suggesting they don't have "bush sucks" "ID is stupid" threads on 'poly?! :eek:

there are about 10 a day.