PDA

View Full Version : The IT Crowd - Channel 4 Fridays

Rodgers
06-02-2006, 09:28:19
Anyone see this? They showed two episodes back to back last friday - first one was a bit poor but the second was great. You can really tell it was written by one of the Father Ted writers.

Gary
06-02-2006, 10:21:18
Maybe I should have stuck with it, instead of giving up after the first episode then. Wasn't impressed.

That first IT episode just failed for me. Not sure why. Maybe it was too silly that it was embarassing, or maybe it wasn't silly enough and too believable. Maybe even some parts one, and others the other.

Confessing to your co-workers that you paid prostitutes and yet were incapable of doing anything with them except take them to a fun-fair wasn't ridiculous enough. Talking on phones that aren't plugged in, or using PCs that aren't set-up, too ridiculous.

Or maybe what works for a set of Craggy Island thickos doesn't translate to tech savvy IT professionals. Still it may improve.

Rodgers
06-02-2006, 11:45:51
Agreed - the 1st was crap. I almost didnt bother with the second but it was worth it. I think you just need to get used to the characters more. In that respect the first episode of any sit-com is bound to be poor compared to the rest of the series.

Immortal Wombat
06-02-2006, 22:37:09
The first two episodes are downloadable here (http://atariboy.wordpress.com/2006/02/03/the-it-crowd-episode-2/) , in case anyone is interested.

alsieboo
07-02-2006, 00:52:49
I wanted to watch them, but I missed them on friday, and the repeat. When I first saw it advertised I thought it looked great, but as it got closer and they showed more of it, I wasn't too sure. Guess I'll be d/ling them then

Immortal Wombat
07-02-2006, 03:08:21
It seems to me very early-90s sitcom, laughter track, implausible caricatures, etc.

alsieboo
07-02-2006, 23:16:38
it had pretty shoes in, I'm sold.