PDA

View Full Version : Crap

JM^3
21-12-2005, 11:48:40
My car just stopped working. When I was at a light on a busy road. When Iw as on my way to a meeting in virginia.

It has been weird. My car starts fine when I first turn it on in the morning. Then when I stop, and turn it off, it won't start up.

Yesterday morning I got a jump and drove it home. This morning, I got a jump, and was driving it down to virginia (because I am dumb and it was an important meeting), but then had to stop at a red light. At the red light, my car stopped again.

I think the problem is either needing a new battery or the alternator. If it is the alternator, I might just buy a new car.

JM

JM^3
21-12-2005, 11:49:27
Oh, and not many towing companies are arround at 5:10 am in the morning. Even the police one took until 6:30 to get there. And I had no power.. (and it is -5 here right now)

JM

mr.G
21-12-2005, 11:50:57
cars sucks!!!!

JM^3
21-12-2005, 11:52:40
oh, this morning I stopped to get gas.

JM

JM^3
21-12-2005, 11:54:54
also to add to the I am stupid thing..

I wear sandals.. with no socks.. at all times

my feet are still frozen

JM

King_Ghidra
21-12-2005, 13:48:44
i for one find this thread an immense relief, for in the world where JM is allowed to control a vehicle, be scared

mr.G
21-12-2005, 13:50:20
control a car with sandals.. no socks!!

evil knievel

JM^3
21-12-2005, 14:39:35
using an voltmeter, I have determined it in my alternator which is the problem..

I also put an aluminum foil wrapped leftovvers into the microwave

I don't know what I was tihnkign

JM

Oerdin
21-12-2005, 15:54:28
Makes sense. You start the car when the (barely charged) battary and (barely working) alternater is cold then it heats up and both give out. If you have an older car then go to a junk yard and pull one out. It will be cheaper.

I bought a rebuilt alternator about a yaear ago and it was almost $300. I totally would have bought from a junk yard but I couldn't find an example of my car in one of the local yards.

Lurker the Second
21-12-2005, 16:01:35
Ironically, my car battery was dead this morning. I was kicking myself for not getting a new one last week when I had the car serviced, even though it was working fine at the time. These days, if you get a five year battery, it will last five years and one or two months and that's it. They'd make good long range timers.

Anyway, I had three pairs of socks, boots, long underwear, three layers of shirts and a heavy coat on, plus a hat and gloves on. And I was home. Guess I won't make this week's episode.

Funko
21-12-2005, 16:19:15
What?!

Kitsuki
21-12-2005, 16:20:38
Originally posted by Lurker the Second
Ironically, my car battery was dead this morning. I was kicking myself for not getting a new one last week when I had the car serviced, even though it was working fine at the time. These days, if you get a five year battery, it will last five years and one or two months and that's it. They'd make good long range timers.

Anyway, I had three pairs of socks, boots, long underwear, three layers of shirts and a heavy coat on, plus a hat and gloves on. And I was home. Guess I won't make this week's episode.

But no trousers.

Must've kicked yourself when you had went so overboard elsewhere!

Lurker the Second
21-12-2005, 16:23:48
I said I was home, so who needs trousers?