PDA

View Full Version : EVE Online

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Lurker the Second
20-12-2005, 16:37:44
Jopenono Mni;oen has been playing this for a few days and I spent the first serious session last night doing about the final 75% of the tutorial. He found me online last night and once I was able to re-find the right chat screen we could converse. Unfortunately it was difficult for me to keep the chat screen open and do the tutorial because the screen gets too cluttered for my feeble brain to handle it.

Initial impressions are good. Graphics are great and I didn't have any bugs or serious lag last night during about 3 hours of play. Interface is sweet, but there is an extraordinary amount of stuff to get used to. Just getting from point A to point B is many times more complex than SWG, but I also get the sense that you get used to it fairly easily.

The tutorial naturally has you killing a few "rats" to learn the combat system. Travel and movement in space are not joystick or keypad controlled, so it is very different than what I was used to in SWG. I have too much to learn to really comment beyond that. After the tutorial I'm still completely at a loss to figure out how you really strategically maneuver your ship in combat.

I know grouping is considered essential to really advance in this game, but I haven't gotten far enough to require it and I'm not sure how it works logistically.

[JM -- I haven't been killed yet but I did buy a clone. I bought a 90K clone even though I only had 60K in sp when I bought it. My question is whether the clone is a one-time item or whether I keep using it until I feel I need an upgrade?]

I know JM has a few friends playing. Hopefully Venom will give it a go soon and maybe Kitty will win the lottery some day. Higgs, if you're watching, think about it. It will probably be hard for us to group much except on weekends because of the time difference, but who knows....

zmama
20-12-2005, 16:39:52
why play games all the time!!!
Isn't it time to grow up and behave as adults, what do you think Lurkie?

Funko
20-12-2005, 16:41:05
:lol:

zmama
20-12-2005, 16:47:02
what is so funny Mike?
Isn't it time for kids they don't grow on treea you know!!

Lurker the Second
20-12-2005, 16:50:17
I'm beginning to think zmama has been chastised at home. I say hang in there. Once we get enough adults playing games all the time, then it will become the norm and we'll be behaving as adults.

Tizzy
20-12-2005, 16:51:41
Originally posted by zmama
what is so funny Mike?
Isn't it time for kids they don't grow on treea you know!!

That would be a cool tree.

King_Ghidra
20-12-2005, 17:07:42
maybe if you're gary glitter

Venom
20-12-2005, 17:30:37
Then we could label tree huggers as sick perverts.

JM^3
20-12-2005, 18:01:26
It hink that you don't have to rebuy a clone after you have been killed (poded)

in which case, you only need a new clone if your current one can't keep up with your skill points

now there is two types of killed, one where your spaceship is jsut blown up (still painful, and loses oyu lots of money) and the other where your pod is blown up (can lose you skill points if you don't have an upto date clone, loses you all implants equiped)

I don't really know much about podding, except that it is considered sorta bastardly

JM

JM^3
20-12-2005, 18:03:05
honestly

I have onlly foughht in the tutorial and one mission I started but that was too hard for me

I have been attacked while mining, but then I normally just flee

JM

Venom
20-12-2005, 22:07:47
Way to be a man. Pussyboy.

Lurker the Second
20-12-2005, 22:29:05
:lol: I think sometimes you have two choices. 1) Die in 2 seconds and be laughed at and lose skills and items, or 2) run.

JM^3
20-12-2005, 23:14:32
I have two setups. One has weapons, the other doesn't.

JM

Funko
21-12-2005, 09:27:09
Originally posted by Venom
Then we could label tree huggers as sick perverts.

Don't we already do that?

Nav
21-12-2005, 10:01:03
Played this a few months back. All my ships are inactive in a hanger somewhere. Might re-enter the game over christmas if you guys are around.

Clones: When you die a clone ensures you recover all your experience points. You only need to get a clone that will cover that, just remember to upgrade when your experience out-grows it. The clone doesn't expire.

If you mine in safe space you don't get attacked by rats. Anything below 7 I think gets hairy. Best to mine in groups, it can get quite profitable (if a tad boring) ie with dedicated haulers to speed up the process.

zmama
21-12-2005, 13:05:19
Originally posted by Lurker the Second
I'm beginning to think zmama has been chastised at home. I say hang in there. Once we get enough adults playing games all the time, then it will become the norm and we'll be behaving as adults.

NOOOOOOO I dun wannna be adult

Noooooooooooo :cry:

mr.G
21-12-2005, 13:25:37
jesjes grow up!!!

Tizzy
21-12-2005, 13:27:29
You can't make me

mr.G
21-12-2005, 15:50:07
time will tell, jesjes time will tell

Lurker the Second
22-12-2005, 05:04:34
Very frustrating night for me. I finished the storyline missions and instead of getting a decent skill implant I got probably the worst one - charisma +1. Only selling for 200K.

Got sent to another agent but couldn't remember who or where so I picked one of the available agents and took a level one mission to kill serpentis spies. Went to the location and killed a whole bunch of serpentis initiates and saw two red crosses labeled as "serpentis spies", but there were no ships or structures associated with the crosses. I could "look" at them, but not lock onto them to shoot at. So I got tired and went back to the hangar to repair the armor damage I got fighting, and now I can't remember how to repair things. I can't even remember how to open the ship to look at and/or remove modules.

Like I said, very frustrating.

Nav
22-12-2005, 09:07:20
The other ships could have been another player doing similar missions nearby. Therefore you wouldn't be able to lock onto them or warp to them.

It is quite simple to get those dialogs, been a few months since I've played though so I can't remember exactly what to do. If you don't figure it out ask on the corp chat, people in there are friendly and don't mind a noob question ;)

What race are you playing? (I was or am Gallente)

JM^3
22-12-2005, 10:28:49
so to repair things there has to be a repairshop in the station

that is over on the right hand side

click it and a screen should come up.. right click the thing you want to repair, and there should be an option repair quote

I don't understand the serpentis spie bit, how far away were they?

and sucks about the charisma implant, I haven't sold my int implant yet though and am doing ok financially, so everything will be fine (last time I logged on I made 640k)

Jon Miller

Lurker the Second
22-12-2005, 12:21:36
Nav, I am Gallente also. I wasn't clear about the problem I had with the spies. I had no problem getting the dialog ("look" is one of the options but for some reason "lock" wasn't). I'm thinking they were cloaked and I don't know how to uncloak them. Actually, I don't know anything about cloaking except that it exists. They were very close to me (25 or 30 km) and there were no other player ships in the area.

Jon, I think that might have been the problem -- the station probably didn't have a repair facility because I did examine those icons on the left. I still can't remember how to open the screen to equip my ship, though. I will have to run through the tutorial to that point again to find out (or maybe I have to be in a repair facility to get that option!).

JM^3
22-12-2005, 12:41:26
oh, you need to be closer then 25km for the noob ship

I think that even my 2nd teir ship needs to be closer then 20km

to put stuff on your ship, there has to be a fitting bay

JM

Venom
22-12-2005, 13:01:55
:lol: Lurker is retarded.

Lurker the Second
22-12-2005, 13:13:08
That's not right, Jon. I can lock on stuff 1000s of km away, I just won't be accurate until they get within a certain range. I think the ideal range for the noob ship is 500 km. It is definitely more than 25. Hell I never got anywhere near 25 km of anything I fought last night.

Venom, although you're right, you're in for a surprise. Hurry up and get this game so you can start leveling up your skills. You can do that even if you're not online.

Venom
22-12-2005, 13:31:31
Not so easy to play without me there to help you, eh?

MattHiggs
22-12-2005, 13:41:02
I've taken a look at the game and defintely thinking about giving it a try after christmas/new year.

JM^3
22-12-2005, 14:13:10
That's not right, Jon. I can lock on stuff 1000s of km away, I just won't be accurate until they get within a certain range. I think the ideal range for the noob ship is 500 km. It is definitely more than 25. Hell I never got anywhere near 25 km of anything I fought last night.

Venom, although you're right, you're in for a surprise. Hurry up and get this game so you can start leveling up your skills. You can do that even if you're not online.

umm

according to this website

http://www.eve-online.com/itemdatabase/ships/frigates/gallente/607.asp

the Imicus has a target range of ~37km

the noob ship is a lot lower.. like about half

JM

Lurker the Second
22-12-2005, 14:31:04
Then the distance figures given on the overview are completely haywire. Or else target range for the ship is only one component of your total range, i.e., different weps have different ranges which add to the total range. I dunno, though.

JM^3
22-12-2005, 14:33:10
no

no frigate weapon has a range of over 10km... (well, maybe missiles do)

did you get km and m mixxed up?

because the ideal range for close range weapons is 2000m

JM

Lurker the Second
22-12-2005, 15:27:58
Ok, that's possible, but when I was fighting last night those things were letting me lock at under 10KM and I know most of my fighting was further than 35 meters. I couldn't keep up with those things in my starter ship. I'm going home at lunchtime and I'll log on and check it out before coming back to work.

Venom
22-12-2005, 15:36:04
The metric system strikes again.

Lurker the Second
22-12-2005, 16:09:52
Goddamn those metrics. Space in that game is overwhelming enough without a bunch of ferrin' metrics in it.

Nav
22-12-2005, 19:01:03
wait till you have to take out a satellite station with frikking laser beams..

Lurker the Second
22-12-2005, 19:19:41
Ok I checked it out at lunch. I did have a metric misunderstanding. The thing is last night I killed all the initiate ships that "protect" the spies. I was locking in on them at just under 10K meters and most of the fighting didn't occur until they got to 1500 meters or so. I never got to the ideal range and never would in my ship. I still killed them all, although it was difficult. I suppose I just needed to keep approaching the spies b/c they were further away than I thought.

Anyway, at lunch today I couldn't kill all the initiate ships and got podded for the first time. For those of you who haven't played, when your ship gets destroyed you are left in a pod that can still travel. If your pod gets destroyed you are killed, which can have even greater consequences than losing your ship. NPCs don't destroy pods, so newbies in high security areas don't really have to worry about dying.

As I'm limping along in my little pod someone starts chatting with me and asks me what happened, how's it going, etc. Then he gave me 200K and said buy a better ship. I already had about 350K, which was really enough to do that, I think, although I would have been in trouble if that ship got destroyed. Very nice thing that guy did.

Plus now I know how to repair and refit the ship. Woohoo.

JM^3
22-12-2005, 19:23:06
yah, a better ship is crucial for anything but mining, and needed for that also

you can get insurance on your ships, on a cheap ship it will pay for getting it diestroyed

Jon Miller

Nav
23-12-2005, 09:49:50
Well I rejoined lastnight (for at least a month).

The first time you lose a ship really sucks (even if you have insurance). Trick is to realise when you're going to get beat and warp out right then, as it takes a while for the drive to engage!

JM^3
23-12-2005, 10:04:20
What is your name?

JM

Nav
23-12-2005, 20:09:54
Vonner, I'm Gallente and in the Centre for Advanced studies corp.

JM^3
24-12-2005, 16:33:21
well, I met Nav

we should all be on a CG channel

I made one called CG-NET, but I don't know if I did everything properly

JM

DaShi
28-12-2005, 05:53:47
Nav or anyone, is there still a 30 day or so trial for it? I'd like to give it a try.

JM^3
28-12-2005, 05:56:09
yeah

14 day I think

JM

Venom
28-12-2005, 13:04:45
Are there different servers? If so, which one is everyone on?

Lurker the Second
28-12-2005, 14:42:19
There are only two servers, one of which is a Test server. Just log on to Tranquility.

DaShi, PM me your e-mail address and I will send you the invite for the 14 day trial.

Venom
28-12-2005, 14:59:07
So what about the races? Do I have to be Gallente to play along or can I be someone else?

Also, I'm a bit sad I can't be a fighter pilot. That's what I'm good at.

JM^3
28-12-2005, 15:00:43
you can be whatever you want

RP wise Gallente and Minmater are freinds... but you can do whatever you want (And many do)

JM

Lurker the Second
28-12-2005, 15:14:00
You can be whatever you want. In the end I don't think it matters. Nav and I are Gallente. I think JM is Minmatar, but I'm not positive about that. When you do your character selection, you will see the numbers vary for various attributes (memory, perception, intelligence, willpower and charisma, plus maybe one other that I can't recall). You attributes affect the speed at which you train different skills and the higher the attribute number the faster you will train the skills that rely on that attribute. The general consensus seems to be that it is good to start with balanced stats with the exception that charisma need not be high b/c there are currently a lot fewer skills that rely on charisma. As you play the game, you will be able to increase all the numbers anyway.

You can be whatever you want, but combat is not twitch based like space in SWG. It is more skill, equipment and strategy based from what I can tell.

Lurker the Second
28-12-2005, 15:26:32
Also, you will see that skill training continues while you are offline. Therefore it is a good idea to make sure you are in a position to be training constantly while offline. What I mean by that is each skill has 5 levels to train and the lower levels train really quickly (maybe 15 -20 minutes for level 1 and an hour or so for level 2). So unless you have a level 3 training (those take maybe 5-8 hours depending on your attributes) available when you log off for the night, you will have downtime when your current skill finishes because you cannot queue the training. It is ok to switch training mid-stream from one to another because you do not lose whatever you have accummulated.

Personally, I'd train frigate operations for whatever species you choose. By the time you finish the tutorial you'll be close to level 3 in that and will be qualified to get a decent ship right off the bat. Do the level 3 and higher stuff while you're sleeping and do the quicker stuff while in-game so you can change when the training finishes.

Venom
29-12-2005, 13:02:32
Downloaded and installed the client but had to run some maintainence on the PC last night so I didn't have time to kick off the tutorial.

Lurker the Second
29-12-2005, 15:33:30
Excellent. You probably picked this up from what was posted above, but be sure to run the tutorial and storyline missions all the way through because you get an implant at the end which can be quite valuable. I, of course, got a charisma implant, which is far and away the least valuable. :(

The storyline missions aren't the most exciting, but they're really just designed to get you used to the interface. You will, however, earn enough money doing them to buy and outfit a ship with some decent enough stuff to get you rolling.

Nav
29-12-2005, 15:43:18
I've just started an experiment with manufacturing. Doubt I will be able to sell stuff for a profit initially (awful lot of skill training to do) but at least I could make my own armament from refining the loot from rat raids.

Currently training refining lvl 5 which will mean I can get the maximum yield. However over 6 days left on that.... Then onto Production Efficiency...

Lurker the Second
29-12-2005, 16:03:00
Nav, assuming we eventually have a group of maybe 5 or 6 CGers giving this game a go, what are your thoughts on the higher level branching of skills that would make a good, functioning group? I'm assuming everyone should advance their mining and frigate skills up to level 4 because it gives you basic flexibility for grouping activities, but how about beyond that? Is it worth trying to form a 6 person corp? (Obviously we could recruit beyond the CG players, but might have difficulty explaining Venom.) If so, someone should pursue the management line. How about science, industry, etc.? Can we cover everything or is that impossible with that number of people? You, for example are well on the way down the industry road, so you can cover all that stuff, but what will you not be able to do that would help make a bunch of cash when combined with your skills?

JM^3
29-12-2005, 17:04:43
I have 2+ RL freinds playing also

we have talked about forming a corp

JM

Nav
29-12-2005, 17:06:06
I think if we could have 6 people or more and it was quite focused it might work. However it would be quite insular in the larger world of eve. I'd prefer to join a larger corp and gain experience that way (or even stick with the starter corp). Once we've made friends and influenced people maybe then it would be better to start a corp. We don't have to form a corp to work together of course.

Training skills to level 5 takes so long that duplicating certain skills within a small group is a waste of time. So once I have refining its hardly worth anybody else doing it unless they want to go on their own.

If we want to mine its well worth mining in low sec space, so it means we would need dedicated defenders.. ie battleships with frikking laser beams. We would all need decent mining skills.

Dont have to mine though another option is to farm rat nests go as a group and kill all the badies and collect the goods from the cans. refine, then make ships, ammo etc to sell or use.

The ultimate aim of course to build our own space station. ;)

JM^3
29-12-2005, 17:07:39
and then your own titan

I would think the goal would be to start a corp

and then join an alliance

JM

Nav
29-12-2005, 17:13:34
Not initially though. Better to gain experience and skills first.

Lurker the Second
29-12-2005, 17:29:47
I understand that, but if the goal is eventually to start a corp then it couldn't hurt us to coordinate a bit even at this early stage. As you note, it won't make sense for any of us to go into production if you've got it covered. You're advanced enough that you are starting to have to make some hard choices about the direction you take. I'm not there yet, but Jon and his friends might be getting close (if not there already). Makes sense to have a basic plan if possible.

Lurker the Second
29-12-2005, 17:34:50
Personally, I will finish level 4 starship command today and when not in-game I will research frigates 4 so I can move into cruisers and hopefully be ready for level 2 missions after that. While in-game I'm still filling in miscellaneous needs.

JM^3
29-12-2005, 17:47:26
My character started with the intention of being a scientist

I still have
3 Science
2 Research

JM

JM^3
29-12-2005, 17:48:15
very useful for anyone who plans on using turrents

http://www.eve-online.com/guide/en/g26.asp

Jm

JM^3
29-12-2005, 17:56:43
My skills:
2 Drones skills trained, for a total of 750 skillPoints.
2 Electronics skills trained, for a total of 8,250 skillPoints.
5 Engineering skills trained, for a total of 146,180 skillPoints.
2 Gunnery skills trained, for a total of 500 skillPoints.
5 Learning skills trained, for a total of 213,755 skillPoints.
1 Industry skills trained, for a total of 1,415 skillPoints.
2 Mechanic skills trained, for a total of 1,665 skillPoints.
2 Missile Launcher Operation skills trained, for a total of 1,915 skillPoints.
2 Navigation skills trained, for a total of 500 skillPoints.
4 Science skills trained, for a total of 10,915 skillPoints.
2 Spaceship Command skills trained, for a total of 16,250 skillPoints.

Jm

Snotty
29-12-2005, 17:58:35
I started playing courtesy of this thread. My comp is haveing a few issues and needs to be rebooted regularly, but some RAM and a format will sort that out

Im Caldari, and my original intention was to create a fighter pilot type character. Ive not been lurking here so much lately, but will now for sure

Nav
29-12-2005, 18:32:57
Snotty :beer: join the 'counterglow' chat channel when you get online.

I'm considering training up to battleships.. would be cool to do some level2 (or higher) missions as a group.

Edit: I have created a new more obviously named channel. 'counterglow' password: 'gaytwat' ;). Anyone can join as long as they know the channel name and password.

JM^3
29-12-2005, 18:35:23
I don't know if just anyone can join

someone on the channel already might need to add him in settings

what is your name?

JM

Snotty
29-12-2005, 18:48:59
Im bigbad benson in eve, and I logged onto the chat channel fine I think

I cant really do anything co-operative at the moment due to frequent terrible client side lag, and hangs, CTDs etc. Im getting some new RAM asap to hopefuly sort it though

Nav
29-12-2005, 18:59:07
might be caused by being in systems with high traffic.. ie over 300 in local channel.

JM^3
29-12-2005, 19:03:41
notice NAVs edit

I tried to make a password channel, but it didn't work right, which is why I went with the limited users option (I think, I am not entirely sure if it all works as I tihnk it works)

just to put it out there, the old channel was CG-NET

JM

Lurker the Second
29-12-2005, 19:14:06
Welcome aboard snotty.

Keep pushing that science training and make some blueprints Jon.

I'll be in-game in about an hour and will play for a few, then I have to go to a party and will be back probably around 10 eastern US time.

Nav
29-12-2005, 19:23:49
ha ha some guy just tried to bait me into a fight by stealing out of my ore can (I know i was killing time)...

JM^3
29-12-2005, 19:37:07
yeah

someone attacked an ore theif, then got their ship destroyed and podded

it is nice that it allows you to attack them, but make sure that you will win

JM

Venom
29-12-2005, 19:46:14
I'll be a dedicated defender. I like the thought of blowing stuff up. Even if that means I have to guard you mining bitches.

Lurker the Second
29-12-2005, 19:57:00
:lol: I never doubted.

Nav
29-12-2005, 20:00:42
I'm now producing Medium Anti-Matter Hybrid Ammo. Doubt I'm going to make any money out of it, but long term it will save me spending a load buying it.

You can't actually make blueprints but you can copy ones you own. For instance I bought the bp for the ammo above so I can produce it in unlimited amounts but I could make copies for limited runs. You can also research the bp's to increase material efficiency and production time (all these things are increased by the science skill - I think)..

manufacturing guide here http://www.eve-online.com/guide/en/g13.asp

JM^3
29-12-2005, 20:05:52
you can buy T1 Blueprint Originals (or get given them as gifts by agents)

you must (currently) win a lottery, based upon Research Points (RP), for the T2 Blueprint Originals (BPOs)

and most T2 BPOs are already given away (you can buy one from someone for some huge price, on the order of 20 billion ISK)

there are also a very limited number of T2 BPOs, between 8 and 20 (per item), and there is some feeling that this isn't enough for the current user base (also, it tends to allow for oligarchies to control the market)

there is talk that Kali will change the way research is done

currently, T2 production requirse RAMs, which no longer drop (Since RMR)

this has raised the cost of T2 products recently

JM

JM^3
29-12-2005, 20:10:52
btw, the 4 tiers of products (Currently)

Tier 1 - this is the base, player produced products
Named - this is Tier 1 +, must get it from agents or as loot..
Tier 2 - the new technology, player produced
Faction - must have high faction with one of the major factions for them to gift you with this

the Faction ships are amazing (just the things I know about) and generally require to racial starship command skill lines

JM

JM^3
29-12-2005, 20:11:26
Originally posted by JM^3
btw, the 4 tiers of products (Currently)

Tier 1 - this is the base, player produced products
Named - this is Tier 1 +, must get it from agents or as loot..
Tier 2 - the new technology, player produced
Faction - must have high faction with one of the major factions for them to gift you with this

the Faction ships are amazing (just the things I know about) and generally require two racial starship command skill lines

JM

Venom
29-12-2005, 20:34:51
:lol: I never doubted.

I got used to saving you in SWG.

Nav
29-12-2005, 20:45:04
Venom, what race are you going to play? Caldari are more war-like, but it might be easier if you start Gallente so Lurky and I can work with you easier.

JM^3
29-12-2005, 20:57:21
join me as Minmater

jM

Venom
29-12-2005, 21:00:04
I would like to kick ass, but I would like to easily form a team.

JM^3
29-12-2005, 21:04:02
not too much in the way to be in a team if a different race

there is some travel time

and RP reasons

and the Corp CEO has to have extra skills if the members are of a different race (and there are some RP Corps, which you likely couldn't join if you were Caldari or Amarr)

but other than that, it doesn't matter

Caldari is the easiest to fight with to begin with.. and most people are Caldair (second is Gallente)

but it depends on what you want to do:

Amarr are armor tanks and laser weapons

Caldari are shield tanks and missile weapons (and a little bit of hybrid)

Gallente are armor tanks and drones/hybrid weapons

Minmater are shield/armor tanks and missile/drone/projectile weapons

JM
(tanks says what the best defense for them is)

JM^3
29-12-2005, 21:12:46
some other informations of interest

missiles and projectile weapons (and drones) don't take capicitance, so that allows for more cap to be used for other things (like shields or electronic warfare)

missiles cost the most ammo wise (drones cost more, but are reuseable), then hybrid, then projectile, and last laser

turrent weapons (projectile/hybrid/laser) take more skills to get good at then missiles (I think that drones also take more skills, after RMR)

JM

Venom
29-12-2005, 21:16:23
Sounds like I've got some reading to do. Very complex.

JM^3
29-12-2005, 21:44:06
I think you really need to start playing to understand it

JM

Venom
29-12-2005, 21:55:51
I think that might help.

Lurker the Second
29-12-2005, 22:23:20
JM, my wireless router d'd again and I have to leave anyway, so I didn't bother logging back on. I'll be back later tonight.

Venom, just start playing and read as you go along. The tutorial will help a lot, plus you'll get your training going.

JM^3
29-12-2005, 22:39:46
ok

you need to get that fixed

JM

Snotty
29-12-2005, 22:58:39
Iwas going to play late but then me and my missus watched war ofthe worldds now she is goingto have nightmares if I stay up late playing comp.

Im just trying to amass credits and standing with the caldari navy because thats kind of the RP direction I wanted to take my char. However I think Galente are going to be pissed as hell with me when I ventually try to enter their space

I understand there is a faction called the 'sisters of eve' or something that are all inculding

JM^3
29-12-2005, 23:05:34
there are also all the player made ones...

and the pirate factions (which are bigger then sisters of eve, almost as big as the 4 racial factions)

JM

DaShi
30-12-2005, 02:48:47
I'm on dialup for the next month, at least. But I'll try to see how it plays through the trial. Once I finish downloading the dang thing, I let you guys know.

Lurker the Second
30-12-2005, 13:50:03
I'm not working today and will be playing for a few hours this morning.

Venom, did you get started? I have a ship to give you once you get your bearings.

Nav
30-12-2005, 14:52:31
Found a potentially useful site..

http://www.evegeek.com/

DaShi
01-01-2006, 21:05:29
I've finished the tutorial. I met chagarra last night briefly. Will be on a bit today figuring things out.

HelloKitty
01-01-2006, 21:29:04
Well, I am about 2 weeks from getting a full time paycheck again, while we have tons of shit to catch up on, I may be able to squeeze out the 20 bucks for the client and first 30 days. So you may see me soon.

chagarra
01-01-2006, 23:08:39
They still have the 14 day freebee here....

http://www.eve-zone.net/

and download just takes time.

JM^3
01-01-2006, 23:37:48
http://www.eve-files.com/media/10/eve_chart_names-4096.jpg

interesting

JM

chagarra
02-01-2006, 00:42:26
Whole bloody thing hung. just tried to log out and back.... "failed"

Hmmmm 14 days .. May be too long at that.

HelloKitty
02-01-2006, 00:44:31
You mean the game crashed out?

You probably have a error where the game thinks you are still in the game. Reboot for the hell of it and then try again in 15 minutes.

JM^3
02-01-2006, 01:06:26
there are issues in certain systems (ours..) since the patch on peak times (sunday evening)

JM

JM^3
02-01-2006, 01:08:13
by staying outside of busy systems, I haven't had a serious lag issue (much less getting stuck or logged out) since last two weeks ago...

JM

HelloKitty
02-01-2006, 06:59:23
Oxytocin

Doing the tutorial now.

Gallentite or whatever.

JM^3
02-01-2006, 07:12:59
kl

JM

JM^3
02-01-2006, 07:14:02
hmm, I tried to invite you to conversation

but they gimp you intially (during the tutorial.. I hated that but you ge tenough money for doing it tha it is worth it (just don't reprocess the thing they twll you to, I have heard it is worth as much as 200k unprocessed))

JM

JM^3
02-01-2006, 07:18:52
some general rules

for the most part.. if you don't know what you are doing, having balllanced stats is best

charisma is the one you can sort of forget if you forget 1

everyone should basically get up to learning 3..., after that it depends on teh lenfth of time you expect to be playing, and whether you are going to use a stat much

perception is the prime stat for most military skills (starships and weapons)

will is the secondary stat for most military skills

intelligence is the prime stat for most technical skills (industry/research/engineering)

memory is the secondary stat for most tech skills

learning is teh inverse of tech skills (memory is prime, int is secondary)

charisma is used for grouping skills, for skills benefiting missions, agents, and trading,a nd for running a corporation (guild)

JM

Lurker the Second
02-01-2006, 07:26:24
Chagarra, it was not a good night to be starting this game. I'm the furthest thing from a veteran, but I can say that in the two weeks I've played the game it was never like that and until the past few days I spent all my time in that system. ONce you've run enough missions to find an agent elsewhere you can get out of there for good. (Just take your stuff with you so you don't have to go back.)

All in all, I find this game to be more stable than SWG and with less lag generally.

Lurker the Second
02-01-2006, 07:29:42
HK is in-game? I'm crashing, see you guys tomorrow.

Beta1
02-01-2006, 09:49:22
been meaning to try eve for sometime

Should have some free time this week (assuming I can tear myself away from X3)

chagarra
03-01-2006, 01:00:49
They can take this game and shove it till they fix the lag...
First thing this morning, got killed due to lag.
Two bloody hours to find and outfit new ship
Now in different region.. Just hung...Been waiting, after pressing many tabs, for minutes...

.... Log off....

JM^3
03-01-2006, 03:32:29
what is weird is that other then combat (with 10+ drones), I don't lag at all

sorry about the game being unplayable by you though.. (SWG was unplayable by me for a while because of lag..)

JM

chagarra
03-01-2006, 06:55:57
...Log on...

Cleared all my stuff, and headed out.
Just got to go back for one mission to complete there.

Much better now, graphics are just a little jumpy..

Venom
03-01-2006, 15:05:35
Ok. I'm in game now and working through the tutorial. Sentrelo is my name and I'm on the trial so this game has 8 more days to impress me.

Also, I overslept this morning so I didn't have time to change my training before work. I'm off to a traditionally ripping start.

Lurker the Second
03-01-2006, 16:03:01
Glad it's better now Chagarra. Like I said, I had not seen it do anything like that during my first two weeks and I lived in Oursulaert pretty much that whole time. I couldn't move at all there Sunday night. Last night wasn't quite that bad, but I didn't spend much time there.

Venom, when you get Frigates 3 you can get a Kestrel. That is a good ship, I think. All missile slots (4 of them, but I'm not sure you can activate more than 2 at a time, or maybe 3, b/c of cpu limitations). You'll also need whatever skill it is that lets you launch missiles.

Venom
03-01-2006, 16:12:58
I've got lots of missle launching skills. Part of my War School background.

Lurker the Second
03-01-2006, 16:17:22
You can't fit mining lasers on that ship though, but that's not such a bad thing because it gives you a good excuse to get another ship.

Venom
03-01-2006, 16:30:09
So I will need a mining ship and an ass kicking ship?

Lurker the Second
03-01-2006, 18:58:02
Mining can be fairly lucrative and grouping while mining is more efficient because of cargo hold limits. If you mine alone you end up wasting a lot of time running back to the station to empty your hold. If you mine in a group you can jettison your ore and just keep adding ore to the jettisoned container. The group will have a dedicated hauler -- I will finish the training late tonight to buy an Industrial ship that has 4875 capacity, 10,500,000 mass, and 250,000 volume. Compare that to my current frigate which has 165 capacity, 1,100,000 mass and 29,500 volume. The Caldari frigate with the most capacity is the kestrel (which you can't mine in anyway) and it only has 305 capacity.

If you only want one ship and the flexibility to both mine and fight, perhaps the Merlin would be better. It has two launcher slots and two turret slots, so you could put mining lasers in the turret slots and use the launchers when defense is needed. You won't be able to have all of those online at the same time, but as long as they are fitted on the ship you can put them online and offline while in space. When not mining you could install whatever type of non-launcher weps you want in the turrets.

If you get two ships, the Bantam is cheap and has two turret slots for mining, plus it has room for a drone so you can add a mining drone. You will get back the money for one of those fivefold (including gear) after an hour of mining in a group.

Snotty
03-01-2006, 19:14:06
I was unimpressed with my kestrel. 4 missile slots was very nice, my 2 missile launchers + 2 rockets tore drones up,however I had a condor before that and I missed its 800m/s + speed with an afterburner. Its got 2 missile launcher slots and a turret so it had a bit of bite

nothing compared to the firepower of my destroyer of course....

Venom
03-01-2006, 19:35:24
I want a battleship. I want to unleash hell upon any who cross my path.

DaShi
04-01-2006, 02:59:46
I tried the Slasher, but the computer sucked on it, so I went back to my Atron. It's fast and efficient.

Nav
04-01-2006, 10:30:18
I made my first million making and selling ammo yesterday. Only another 29.99billion to go to a spacestation....

On group mining make sure you create a new can every hour otherwise it could go pop!

chagarra
04-01-2006, 11:28:28
What are you charging for ammo...

I've gone thru about 8 to 10 K on the two killfest missions. now won't go anywhere without one K min.

Nav
04-01-2006, 12:12:08
29.95 a round for Hybrid Anti-Matter M. Seems to capture the local market. There's a load for 29.50 but that's 4 jumps away. I put another 18,000 rounds on the market this morning.

Lurker the Second
04-01-2006, 14:28:22
Capitalist pig.

Venom
04-01-2006, 15:55:52
I realized this morning I shouldn't have changed my training. I'm not going to have Frigate 3 by tonight now.

Lurker the Second
04-01-2006, 16:08:06
I thought you only had a few hours left on that?

Besides, do you even have enough money to buy and outfit a Merlin or a Kestrel?

Venom
04-01-2006, 16:12:01
I told you exactly home much time I had on that. It was some ungodly amount like 16 hours. But I stupidly listened to what you said, so now I won't have it until tomorrow.

But I probably don't have any money anyway. Maybe I'll try a stotyline mission or two, or go poke around the deadspace a bit and mine some crap minerals to get some more cash.

Venom
04-01-2006, 16:12:26
I think I have just under 50,000 ISK.

Lurker the Second
04-01-2006, 16:29:18
We had a miscommunication then. If you had 16 hours left it would have been the perfect skill to train overnight and through the work day. For some reason I thought you would finish that training after going to work and end up with downtime all day.

It would be nice if you could queue the training, but you can't, so one of the "tricks" when just getting started is to log on for five minutes in the morning and change skills. It is really the only way to effectively manage those 3-5 hour learning times. I always do the short time learning while in-game.

You will probably need about 200 ISK just to buy the ship (that's a guess based on my frigate), and another good chunk of change to put weps on it (most low and mid-slot things you will pick up as loot eventually, although you will have to train the skills to use most of them). I don't know how much launchers cost, but I have two railguns that each cost almost 150K on my ship.

If you do the storyline missions, you will have enough cash at the end to buy all that, plus you'll get the implant reward, which you can either sell of use.

Try to buy some learning skills tonight and get them up to level 1 while in-game, maybe some level 2 if you play long enough. Tell me how much they cost in your region and I will send you the money. (They will probably be in the neighborhood of 10-20K each.)

Venom
04-01-2006, 16:42:26
Definite miscommunication. I'm training one of the learnings at 9 hours today, so it's not a big loss. It's just I had like 10 hours left this morning when I switched. When I got in the car to work I realized that I lost an hour there but it was too late.

JM^3
05-01-2006, 04:38:39
btw

I have an industrial ship, and should be able to haul for Nav for a while this weekend (and hopefully work off that 2.4 m)

JM

chagarra
05-01-2006, 06:46:20
Hmmm 29+ seems a little high to waste on drones... Iron seems to work on them ok.

But now that i've upgraded, I may need a few K for special missions.
However my supplier is cheaper :D

Trying to destroy Warehouses and power units with less than plutonium was rather futile.

Nav
05-01-2006, 09:56:33
That is for Medium ammo though, unless you've already got a cruiser you'll probably be using Small.

I forced myself to mine for a bit lastnight, so I could keep being a capitalist pig and put more ammo on the market. I even bought some mins so I could make even more (though that reduces my profit margins).

Cool Jon, think Lurker might have an industrial by then as well. Though you only need 1 hauler per 3/4 miners on average.

chagarra
05-01-2006, 11:57:53
Question....
When you're making things do you have to attending, or can you be out doing something else.

Nav
05-01-2006, 13:27:29
you don't have to be present, though you do have to go to the manufacturing station to setup and get deliverance if you don't have the right skill for remoting it (not sure what skill that is either).

Lurker the Second
05-01-2006, 15:35:58
Can explain how to manufacture things. Do you need different skills for different items? Venom asked last night and I don't have a clue.

I did get an Iteron III last night. I'm thinking about equipping it with a bunch of electronic warfare defense stuff for .4 and under space. Won't need that setup for PVE I suppose.

All I did last night was spend money, it seemed.

Nav
05-01-2006, 16:54:39
Basically you need to buy a Blueprint original (BPO) off the Market or copy (BPC) of escrow (copies have limited runs and can be made from BPO's). Then in a station where there's a manufacturing plant you put the required minerals in items and click 'Manufacture'..

Better than me badly explain, this should explain most of it.. http://www.eve-online.com/guide/en/g13.asp

Would avoid low-sec space until you have more experience or a with a player corp. I think you will basically just get continually ganked due to your 0.0 security status and newbie corp membership. But it's up to you of course ;)

A lot of money can still be made in higher-sec space with group mining efforts.

Lurker the Second
05-01-2006, 17:00:33
Goddammit we need to form a corp then so I'm not in a noob corp any more.

JM^3
05-01-2006, 17:42:52
I agree

and from what I have heard, I think HK would do a good job (she has lots of MMO experience, and has high Cha)

I hvae a freind with some of the Corp skills, who would also be a possibility... (not sure how into the game he is)

JM

Nav
05-01-2006, 18:01:53
Yeah you or Kitty. I'm not dedicated enough! :)

JM^3
05-01-2006, 18:13:31
well, I would definitely be up for some reaponsibility

and I have knowledge

and I have MMO experience...

(I am not leet or rich however)

JM

Lurker the Second
05-01-2006, 18:14:43
Nav, explain security status please.

Lurker the Second
05-01-2006, 18:18:43
Also, I don't know how corps work, but it seems to me it would be ideal for Nav to have some responsibility as well if coordinating among the time zones is an issue. Hopefully we would get some number of Brit/Euro players, as well as those folks on the other side of the world.

Venom
05-01-2006, 18:29:24
I see no one is throwing responsibility my way....thank god for that. We may make it.

Nav
05-01-2006, 20:41:29
Security status is the points you get awarded for killing rats etc, (I think) the higher your status is the higher levels of missions you can get. If you attack players or do missions against your faction (ie Gallente) this status can decrease. When it gets to -2 stations will fire on you.

btw why have chagarra and snotty left the chat channel?

Lurker the Second
05-01-2006, 20:56:00
Dunno, I assume they haven't been playing, at least when you (or I) have been playing lately. If that's not the case, my next guess is that it's Venom's fault.

I suppose it was wise of me to go hide when the -7 dude showed up in .3 space last night.

HelloKitty
05-01-2006, 21:31:09
I will pick up the two base skills to form a corp and a multicultural corp tonight if I have time and they aren't several million dollars.

I would be willing to do it as long as I keep playing, I am still on the trial though.

Nav
05-01-2006, 21:49:22
I meant they were online (or appeared to be online and not in it).

HelloKitty
05-01-2006, 22:11:27
They may be like me and close it when afk. I just minimize it though.

Venom
05-01-2006, 22:18:50
Perhaps it is me.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 00:11:16
Well, if we are going to make a corp we should start fairly soon, since apparently the corp makes money based on what each of us does, so while everyone is active we should form.

Any name suggestions?

JM^3
06-01-2006, 00:18:09
my freinds were talking about using what the French had on their cannons

"The Last Argument of Kings" in latin

(I would sort of like to make sure my freind is ok with stealing te idea though)

jm

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 00:20:48
I think "Kancho" may be better.

JM^3
06-01-2006, 00:32:17
yeah, sounds more CGish (or your suggestion of Funk's Sheep)

JM

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 00:33:04
16 minutes until I can form a corp.

about 9 hours until I can form a corp that can anchor and allow other races like Venom in.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 00:35:33
Oh, and ToD!!!!!! is a good one.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 00:56:27
The fee to create a corp is currently 1.6 million ISK.

Venom
06-01-2006, 01:17:00
ToD!

Would be great, but it's more than a triangle. I like The Kancho Corporation.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 02:30:16
Counterglow Kancho Unlimited? CKU on the ticker.

chagarra
06-01-2006, 06:20:27
Sorry bout that...I'm in the middle of killfest missions, and RL.
Do one mission, do one/two jobs..

With all the lag today, I've tried to keep as many popups as possible closed.. Since I almost missed a bug out boogie and nearly got scragged by about 15 drones.

If you make a corp, I will probably join..

Snotty
06-01-2006, 06:26:39
Not played so much the last couple of days, just keepng my skills ticking over, but Im still around and have the CG chat tab open

chagarra
06-01-2006, 07:18:16
Surely that should be ... First
Counterglow Kancho Unlimited...

Of course I could be dislexyk, kant spel eva.....

:D :D

Venom
06-01-2006, 13:06:52
Fucking internet. Couldn't log on this morning and change my training.

Nav
06-01-2006, 13:28:58
Randomly found this account of someone scamming people in eve. long read but quite interesting..
http://static.circa1984.com/the-big-scam.html

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 14:01:26
Kitty, I will front the money for corp startup (Nav can help if he's not already tapped out on loans to other bums). Keep a record of capital investments and everyone will have a buy-in price equivalent to their percentage ownership with the idea that everyone will have equal ownership. Basically, at the start initial members who can't afford their share can owe me the money. If it is a 1.5 million startup cost, then that will pan out to 300K apiece. That really isn't very much.

Funko
06-01-2006, 14:03:40
:lol: Great story.

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 14:29:06
I think we need input from the general counterglow community for our corp name, so .......

Venom
06-01-2006, 14:31:30
I actually have 300,000 credits....but my....my...my....battleship.

MDA
06-01-2006, 14:32:02
damn that's cold :D

Nav
06-01-2006, 14:32:52
Very much in favour of using Kancho. v funny :lol:

I will volunteer myself for CFO if such a role exists!

I can also front money for people who aren't quite there yet without going bankrupt. (not naming Venom of course).

MDA
06-01-2006, 15:38:18
You can work on your Kancho sense skills while you're offline!

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 15:46:07
I actually have 300,000 credits.

You son of a bitch.

Venom
06-01-2006, 16:11:40
Well I finished up the Storyline missions. And I'm seriously considering selling that implant.

JM^3
06-01-2006, 16:13:59
I am playing now

bitches

JM

King_Ghidra
06-01-2006, 16:27:57
Originally posted by Nav
Randomly found this account of someone scamming people in eve. long read but quite interesting..

that is a great story. kinda sad though.

JM^3
06-01-2006, 16:30:18
I just got pwned

I couldnt' even defeat one ship (And there were like 18 of them)

jM

JM^3
06-01-2006, 16:33:41
IA m going to need NAvs help for my current mision

jM

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 16:44:50
Originally posted by JM^3
I am playing now

bitches

JM

How's that apartment hunt going? Play now, sleep in car later.

bitches

:D

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
06-01-2006, 16:46:32
Originally posted by Nav

I read that a few months ago. Funny and evil at the same time.

My WoW guildies mentioned a story they read about a month ago of some corp being infiltrated by some other organization because of some real or imagined slight (or even just for the fun of it), and over the course of a year they wormed their way in pretty good. It was a huge corp, with a ton of infrastructure (stations, ships etc.) The infiltrators got themselves into high positions of power. Then, all at once, they systematically took it down by destroying every asset the corp had, leaving it a smoking ruin. Buggered if I can find the link though.

Nav
06-01-2006, 17:05:43
Nav - Killer For Hire.

Finally a title I'm proud of. :lol:

btw everyone happy to set a 10% taxrate on the corp? good to get some money in initially. We can always change it later of course.

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 17:21:02
Huh?

10% is ok with me.

Venom
06-01-2006, 17:21:44
Sure...except how does tax work?

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 17:58:44
Tax takes money from your mission and sales.

I have about a million credits now from running delivery missions, so I can put some money toward the corp.

I about 5 hours left of training to be able to have ethnic relations.

Venom
06-01-2006, 18:01:13
Ok. So everytime I do something, 10% would go to the corporation. For what purpose? Does it go in the corporate bank account or do corporations incur some kind of inherent cost?

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 18:03:31
Ok just looked, I am social 2 (3 hours till 3) , corp manegement 3 (meaning 30 members allowed), anchoring 1 (I think this allows us to own crap in space?), trade 2 (allowing me to set up extra sel and buy orders).

So in 3 hours I will train ethnic relations so we can have up to 6 venoms in the corp.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 18:07:00
Ok. So everytime I do something, 10% would go to the corporation. For what purpose? Does it go in the corporate bank account or do corporations incur some kind of inherent cost?

Corporations can build stations, hold offices, etc. All ofit costs money. Just to join an alliance costs 1 million per month in fees. To lead an alliance costs 10 billion dollars to start.,

The taxes go to cover that sort of thing.

Also the money can go to pay for corp equipment for member activities. Like if someone needs a skill that will hep the guild but its expensive, we can pay for it for them.

We also get a guild hanger, where people can store all our stuff where anyone with access can get to it.

Also, I am not sure how it works but apparently we can sell shares of our corporation like a regular company?

Venom
06-01-2006, 18:08:56
Ok, so it is like a company bank account used to pay for any expenses the company incurs for whatever activities it participates in.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 18:09:30
Yep

Venom
06-01-2006, 18:09:36
And no one would ever want 1 of me. Let alone 6.

JM^3
06-01-2006, 18:10:57
I think as for what HK is refering to, I Am one of you

JM

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 18:11:58
Except the FBI

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 18:13:15
Originally posted by Funko
:lol: Great story.

Come join us funko, I am a livestock tycoon! I have about 500 flocks of livestock.

Venom
06-01-2006, 18:16:20
I thought that was just one shipment, you're actually trying to corner the livestock market?

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 18:19:43
My agent is welsh and keeps giving me hundreds of units of livestock as a bonus.

I think I have 500k ISK of livestock for sale right now.

Venom
06-01-2006, 18:33:01
Which reminds me. I need to find a good agent. Caldari of course.

Or conversely, I could just start running some small cargo trips to get a little more cash and a little more practice.

Snotty
06-01-2006, 18:46:35
I dont know what a good agent is supposed to give you, but all the ones I have are shit

Im doing a series of 'event' type agents atm, the last guy gave me 100k total for doing the mission quickly

JM^3
06-01-2006, 18:47:42
all of us (except Nav) are doing missions for level 1 agents

I Think 100k is pretty good for that

JM

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 18:58:11
I am doing level 2 missions now.

JM^3
06-01-2006, 19:01:22
how did you get them?

I don't think level 2 people will talk to me

JM

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 19:45:39
I opened up the info tab for the two agents I had been doing tons of missions for.

I checked my standings with both of them, then went to corp info for each of them.

From there I could browse all their corp agents and selected a low quality manufacturing level 2 agent who would talk to me.

The pay is aweome, but I have to turn down half the missions since they are larger than my cargo hold, and I can't get an industrial on a trial account.

MattHiggs
06-01-2006, 19:52:27
I've just downloaded the game and created an account, thanks to Lurker!

I'm going through the tutorial at the moment. It's quite a lot to remember!

MattHiggs
06-01-2006, 19:52:54
My name is Mr Chuff.

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 19:56:49
Don't forget to join the Counterglow chat channel. There might not be anyone there at the moment, but someone will show up eventually. We know Nav doesn't have a life and I'm sure his workday is over.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 20:20:56
Nav sent me the money (300k).

He would like to be CFO.

Anyone object to him being head accountant, auditor, and in charge of facilities rentals?

We also will need security cheifs, research leads, manufacturing leads, and recruitment/personnell

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 20:35:10
Fine with me. I think Jon is heading strongly for the research skills. He should be the research lead. Of course I say these things not knowing what responsibilities any of these positions entail.

Venom
06-01-2006, 20:36:31
I would like to be Cheif of the Battleship division.

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 20:43:26
I will send you my 300K plus Jon's share (Jon, I'll loan you the money -- Nav has already loaned you a lot and you can pay us back on a pro rata basis). Venom, even though you've been hording money and have enough, I can loan you the amount too so that you can buy another frigate with the cash you do have.

The 300K each was based on 5 members. Snotty, DaShi and Chag haven't really indicated their interest in the corp (well, Snotty did), but I'm hoping they will join. Rather than reduce the initial capital contribution based on more members, I'd suggest just leaving it at 300K and use the excess as a cash reserve.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 20:45:02
FACTORY MANAGER

The role Factory Manager allows the holder to install jobs into factory and research slots that have been rented by the corporation. Such jobs use blueprints and materials from the corporation hangar. They can also cancel jobs for the corporation as well. Factory Managers can also eject blueprints from corporation-owned factories and research slots. Additionally, they can see what is going on in any corporate factory and research slot.
JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT

The junior accountant is a cur down version of the accountant role. It essentially allows the holder to view the data that an accountant views. However it does not allow the holder to perform the actions that an accountant can.
PERSONNEL MANAGER

A personnel manager can process applications and sign up new members.

SECURITY OFFICER

The role security officer allows the holder to view the contents of the deliveries window in station. This is the window where items bought by the corporation at a station are placed. If the corporation has a corporate hangar at a station, the role Security Officer grants view access to the contents of the members' hangars. This access also facilitates the placing of items into the members' hangars.
STATION MANAGER

As the name implies, station managers can perform station management tasks for corporation-owned facilities. These tasks are varied and include adjusting the standing-based modifiers for allowing docking and the charges for it, as well as permission to access factories, the reprocessing plant, the repair shop, and also how modifiers should be applied for costs based upon standings for these tasks. The station manager is also able to set up station defenses

AUDITOR

The Auditor role allows the holder to check the role history of members of the corporation.
CONFIG EQUIPMENT

This role allows the holder to anchor, unanchor, rename, and configure various types of objects in space.
CONFIG STARBASE

This role allows the holder to perform star base configuration.

Etc

Venom
06-01-2006, 20:49:51
I'd appreciate a bit of a loan, because that 300k ISK would nearly wipe me out. You don't have to give me all 300k though. I could probably get by with 150k.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 20:51:30
Oh, and we also have to decide.

Are we just going to do the small CG people only corp, or recruit from outside?

Keeping in mind once I get corp manegment 5 I can start training the skill that lets us add multiples of 100 members.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 20:52:41
I can cover you for a few days venom

Venom
06-01-2006, 20:54:29
Of course, depending on the price, if I sell that implant, I probably wouldn't need a loan.

Snotty
06-01-2006, 20:57:35
i cant pay because I still have a trial account, otherwise my money would be en route right now. i think my trial runs out at the end of the weekend though

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 20:57:52
I got lucky, the implant I got could pay the whole cost of setting up a corp.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 20:58:45
Are you upgrading?

Venom
06-01-2006, 21:00:59
I haven't checked the price of the ocular implant, and I'm still not sure I'm going to sell it.

I figure this weekend I'll upgrade to a month by month subscription.

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 21:05:25
I think we want to recruit from outside as well, but I'd recommend we get our bearings first. At this stage we don't have much to offer anyone. (I don't consider Jon's friends to be from the "outside" -- as far as I'm concerned if you know someone away from the game and they want to join, great.)

Venom
06-01-2006, 21:08:18
If only I had real friends.

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 21:13:10
Fucking charisma implant. :(

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 21:32:40
We should also firmly set ourselves up as the board, since with stock you can do hostile takeovers or within the company vote out the CEO and take over.

Once we get set up and stable we can let others in.

Venom
06-01-2006, 21:33:17
Yeah. We're the board. Bitches.

Venom
06-01-2006, 21:44:21
So some accounts were hacked this morning and they brought the galaxy down. And this of course happened during the exact 10 minutes that I had time to try and change my training and therefore couldn't. That cost me 10hours of wasted time.

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 21:46:19
Damn, that's a level 3.

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 21:50:32
Skill training done. I can now run a corp with 30 gall and 6 others. Training the skill to add another 6 others now.

So we can do this tonight.

chagarra
06-01-2006, 22:22:16
OK how do I pay the money...

Also how is the tax paid.. Are prior earnings taxable.... What about losses, like losing a ship.. Do we carry our own insurance.

Lots of questions... Not many answers.

Is there a corp charter available where this has already been worked out..

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 22:32:02
You can read all there is printed on the eve website in the player guide.

Tax is automatically taken when you complete missions. You don't have to do anything. Only earnings once you join.

Losses are your own. You carry your own insurance and clones. If we buy corporate ships the corp would pay for those ships and insurence.

But an office, shared hanger, hq etc are more important than a fleet of ships now.

Lurker the Second
06-01-2006, 22:38:38
:lol: Look at the company you are in.

I don't think tax is paid on prior earnings. I can foresee a time when it might make sense to buy ships for corporate use and I would imagine they should be insured by the corp as well. Right now, though, I think most people are using ships for primarily personal gain -- granted the 10% tax is the exception. Ultimately, what we do and how we do it should be by vote.

Anyone know anything about intergalactic sales taxes?

HelloKitty
06-01-2006, 23:37:17
I will be on in a few hours. I have enough cash on me to start the corp, so I may just go ahead and do it and people can pay me back.

But if you all are online, I will collect.

DaShi
07-01-2006, 02:14:13
I'll join. I'll be in a little later tonight.

HelloKitty
07-01-2006, 03:07:30
Logging on now.

Will probably start the corp and invite people as they log on.

HelloKitty
07-01-2006, 03:26:26
I guess to join a corp you need to be where it was founded or where we buy an office. Since we have not bought any offices everyone go to

Sinq Laison, system auberulle, station -Combined Harvest Warehouse

Click on offices on the right hand panel and click apply.

Our symbol is currently a brown eye witha bull's eye.

JM^3
07-01-2006, 09:19:42
so I misjudged

and lost my Valkyrie (was a Breacher)

I got back all the important modules (named autocannon, shield extender, and missile launcher) as well as ~1/2 my missiles (About 1k)

now it was insured, so I can replace it (I know I oew you money NAV, will pay you back onc eI can mine for a bit in my industrial)

so I would like to do some mining... but I am not sure if I want another breacher (Defense sucks)

so considerations (for my combat frigate):
Rifter - http://www.eve-online.com/itemdatabase/ships/frigates/minmatar/587.asp
Breacher - http://www.eve-online.com/itemdatabase/ships/frigates/minmatar/598.asp
Vigil - http://www.eve-online.com/itemdatabase/ships/frigates/minmatar/3766.asp

Jon Miller
(I currently have
1 Probe (light cargo ship, has some speed)
1 Weathe (Industrial ship..)
2 or 3 Shuttles
1 Reaper (NOOB ship))

JM^3
07-01-2006, 09:28:17
I Really dislike dying, and don't think that I should ahve

so I think I had a poorly setup ship

JM

JM^3
07-01-2006, 09:28:39
most it was just that drone thing which messed me up

JM

Beta1
07-01-2006, 10:33:07
Am trying to download it now.

Nav
07-01-2006, 12:20:17
Originally posted by HelloKitty
Sinq Laison, system auberulle, station -Combined Harvest Warehouse
:lol: I'll make my way over at some point and join.

I also have an idea for a system to put our first office (or maybe hq in). It's called Dunraelare and I think it's fairly central in Sinq Laison and also has manufacturing, research etc. Not sure how central it actually is, we will need to see how far individually, we can always scout around to find a more suitable location if necessary.

Jon, don't worry about rushing to pay me back...

Beta1
07-01-2006, 14:49:41
Any recommendations for me as to race etc?

Beta1
07-01-2006, 16:10:11
Well I'm in, still plodding through tutorial so will be on the chat channel when it lets me (but I'm off out now so prob finish it tomorrow)

MattHiggs
07-01-2006, 18:33:05
I'm off for a curry and the pub tonight, so I'll quickly log in and set a long skill going :(

HelloKitty
07-01-2006, 18:42:24
Originally posted by Nav
:lol: I'll make my way over at some point and join.

I also have an idea for a system to put our first office (or maybe hq in). It's called Dunraelare and I think it's fairly central in Sinq Laison and also has manufacturing, research etc. Not sure how central it actually is, we will need to see how far individually, we can always scout around to find a more suitable location if necessary.

Jon, don't worry about rushing to pay me back...

I think all we have to do to change HQ locations is press a button at the new spot. There may be a fee though. Just in case I left the money Lurker owed me for setup in the corp account, so e cna use it if needed.

Oh, and I found the perfect way to prevent new players from doing a hostile takeover. I have all 1000 shares .

Unless we go public and start sending out dividends to shareholders we are safe.

Nav
07-01-2006, 19:41:15
That's fine we're not worth anything anyway!

Looking at the corp pages we don't actually have an office. so we will need to sort that out shortly.

JM^3
07-01-2006, 21:16:05
the HQ is an office, I think

but yeah, we should have offices at good systems to mine..

also, my faction sucks, anyoen know what to do to increase it?

Jon Miller

Nav
07-01-2006, 22:45:57
Hi, I have taken the liberty of getting the ball rolling on our first office.

It is situated in Villore VIII - Moon 7 - Federal Intel. Office Logistics Support. It has clones, repairshop, reprocessing and fitting (hopefully everything we will need initially). I have moved the hq here to avoid any confusion. Security level is 0.5 so it is safe from unwanted pvp-ing, but good for decent mining and rats etc.

It is hopefully easily accessible by those of us who are caldari, though jon might have the longest travelling time (sorry). If it doesnt work out we can always move after a month.

HelloKitty
07-01-2006, 22:51:37
Do missions for 4 or 5 agents in gall space. Once you ahve done that they will start giving you IMPORTANT missions by mail every so often. Do those for big faction increases.

MattHiggs
08-01-2006, 00:22:00
I've nearly finished the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong tutorial. :D

JM^3
08-01-2006, 03:34:56
Originally posted by HelloKitty
Do missions for 4 or 5 agents in gall space. Once you ahve done that they will start giving you IMPORTANT missions by mail every so often. Do those for big faction increases.

I have doen that for minmater, and no important missions have been sent to me

JM

JM^3
08-01-2006, 04:13:29
we should maybe look at having 2 threads..

one about eve, the other with Corp stuff

JM

Lurker the Second
08-01-2006, 06:26:06
Higgs, have you been on the Counterglow chat channel? If not, get with it.

HelloKitty
08-01-2006, 08:00:47
I recommend everyone gets the skill connections. I only have connections 2 and an agent/corp where I should have a .71 rating with is bumped up to 1.45!

I am on the verge of getting level 3 agents already. 17 hours to connections 3!

HelloKitty
08-01-2006, 08:04:04
Oh, and apparently the quality of an agent only determines the faction and loyalty increases you earn each mission. The pay is determined by the level of the agent. So all lvl 2 agents have the same p[ay, but a quality 20 one will give 40 loyalty while a -20 will give 5.

But also remember, for faction points a higher level agent is ALWAYS better than a lower level one. So if you have a quality 20 level 1 and a q-20 level 2, go with the level 2. This will allow you to unlock the good agents faster.

And the reward loot for hitting 1000 loyalty points should net you about 3 million or so for a level 1.