PDA

View Full Version : Yippppppeeeeee!


Kitsuki
06-12-2005, 15:17:29
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

That is all.

Japher
06-12-2005, 15:18:35
very well

King_Ghidra
06-12-2005, 15:19:33
kthxbye

Kitsuki
06-12-2005, 15:21:17
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4502652.stm

mr.G
06-12-2005, 15:22:03
Jaaah und?
if that makes you happy, try a beer sometimes

Japher
06-12-2005, 15:22:25
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

mr.G
06-12-2005, 15:23:13
Yippppppeeeeee!
Yippppppeeeeee!
Yippppppeeeeee!

Kitsuki
06-12-2005, 15:25:10
Originally posted by mr.G
Jaaah und?
if that makes you happy, try a beer sometimes

Funny you should say that - I am having many, many beers and much champagne this evening due to the above! :beer:

mr.G
06-12-2005, 15:27:45
:beer: then i understand the joy

MattHiggs
06-12-2005, 15:41:51
Excellent, the 'tories still won't make it into power though.

King_Ghidra
06-12-2005, 15:42:31
why's it excellent then?

Japher
06-12-2005, 15:43:46
Actually, it's superb.

King_Ghidra
06-12-2005, 15:46:33
for who?

MattHiggs
06-12-2005, 15:46:58
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
why's it excellent then?

I wanted to join in the enthusiasm.

Kitsuki
06-12-2005, 15:47:54
Originally posted by MattHiggs
Excellent, the 'tories still won't make it into power though.

I'll hold my breath... :bounce:

Funko
06-12-2005, 15:59:28
Wow that is an incredible shock.

Kitsuki
06-12-2005, 16:00:40
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

mr.G
06-12-2005, 16:03:38
Originally posted by Kitsuki
I'll hold my breath... :bounce: 10 minutes?

King_Ghidra
06-12-2005, 16:10:27
Originally posted by Kitsuki
I'll hold my breath... :bounce:

you and novacane both, he is waiting for Reading to lose a league game

Funko
06-12-2005, 16:11:26
I bet anyone five english pounds that Reading lose a league game before the Tories take power.

MattHiggs
06-12-2005, 16:14:25
All of Reading's current squad will be retired before the tories get back into #10.

King_Ghidra
06-12-2005, 16:15:15
:D

Funko
07-12-2005, 09:54:53
I actually think that Cameron has a chance. He's very slick.

What they need is some real policies that people believe and no infighting in the party.

mr.G
07-12-2005, 10:29:45
Ferris says "Cameron's so tight, that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in 2 weeks it would turn into a diamond."

JM^3
07-12-2005, 10:32:57
that's campaign funding...

JM

Kitsuki
07-12-2005, 14:00:17
There isnt that much infighting anymore (less than Labour) and this was so decisive it should put it to bed. Policies - you shouldnt decide them 4 years before the election.

Doooooooooooooooooooooooo

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiii

doooooooooooooooooooooooo

:bounce:

mr.G
08-12-2005, 16:06:34
so how was the party?

Oerdin
08-12-2005, 16:09:03
Originally posted by mr.G
Jaaah und?
if that makes you happy, try a beer sometimes

The devil's juice.

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:21:47
I might vote Tory now. I'd never vote Labour again (Uni fees, Gulf War, Nanny state etc) and I'm disillusioned with the Lib Dems, I don't see Kennedy as a viable leader- he couldn't remember his own policies after being kept awake by a baby for a couple of nights, that isn't someone I want running my country. I might have a look at the Conservative website. Of course I know I risk eternal damnation and rejection by my entire family, but hey, I might get taxed less.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:23:38
Labour under gordon brown (or another leader) could be a very different proposition?

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:23:40
Originally posted by Funko
I actually think that Cameron has a chance. He's very slick.

What they need is some real policies that people believe and no infighting in the party.

I think people see him as Blair 1.2. Maybe rightly so- all the parties hover in the middle now, its hard to tell who's left or right.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:24:53
Yeah. Like Blair before the power went to his head maybe?

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:26:22
I saw Alistair Campbell on newsnight the other day saying he thought that Cameron's team had copied too much of the Blair presentation that they/he'd devised and not spent enough time on the policies.

They really have copied it a lot, I don't think that's necessarily a good thing bearing in mind how much Blair borrowed from US politics/presidential campaigns.

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:26:27
Originally posted by Funko
Labour under gordon brown (or another leader) could be a very different proposition?

Indeed it could. I'm keeping an open mind. Sometimes though I think a change is needed just for the enthusiasm it injects. Remember how optimistic we all were when Labour got in? Then again I don't see that level of optimism being repeated. Labour were the rock n roll party then. Now they're like Val Doonican at a KKK rally.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:26:48
You said "I'd never vote labour again" :D

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:28:28
Originally posted by Funko
Yeah. Like Blair before the power went to his head maybe?

Hmm... I dn't think being power hungry is Blair's problem, I think he's trapped between idealism and the constant threat of being arse raped by the USA. He doesn't look happy any more, I don't think that's consistent with being high on power.

Kitsuki
08-12-2005, 16:28:42
:bounce:

When people say Cameron is like Blair they mean he operate wells in the media, he's young, he's fresh faced, he has a lot of promise. It's Blair circa 97.

I dont think Cameron could possibly turn out like Blair did.

:bounce:

It was fun MrG :beer:

:bounce:

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:29:20
Originally posted by Funko
You said "I'd never vote labour again" :D

Yes, I should have added the caveat 'Blair's Labour' ie labour while they continue to peddle the policies I disowned them for.

novacane
08-12-2005, 16:29:25
I enjoyed the footage from the house of commons yesterday. Cameron actually made me laugh. I'm not fickle enough to get behind any Tory campaign because he's flavour of the month but the freshness he brought to the debating yesterday couldn't have been lost on anyone.

I think the assumption that Gordon Brown will be the next PM won't do Brown any favours. The Tories seem to be after him already, which is a sensible move on their part.

I'm a floating voter.

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:31:52
Originally posted by Kitsuki
:bounce:

When people say Cameron is like Blair they mean he operate wells in the media, he's young, he's fresh faced, he has a lot of promise. It's Blair circa 97.

I dont think Cameron could possibly turn out like Blair did.

:bounce:

It was fun MrG :beer:

:bounce:

Of course he can. In some ways Cameron is even more sinister because he hasn't told us what he believes or proposes yet in any great detail. At least Blair was upfront. That he later went back on virtually all his promises except the oh so important fox hunting bill is another matter.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:31:53
To be specific about the Blair campaign things I don't like it's things like the massive stage management of public appearances and strenuous control of the press, the reliance on soundbytes over substance.

Yes they are effective tools but we need to be able to question our politicians not just see what they want us to see.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:32:42
Cameron was good in PMQs, that doesn't mean much. William Hague was brilliant at PMQs. He'd win and be witty every week, unfortunately he was a short slaphead so he'd never win an election. Shame how that works.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:33:09
Originally posted by The Norks
Of course he can. In some ways Cameron is even more sinister because he hasn't told us what he believes or proposes yet in any great detail. At least Blair was upfront. That he later went back on virtually all his promises except the oh so important fox hunting bill is another matter.

I don't know what's more scary in a politician, really strong beliefs or no beliefs! :)

Kitsuki
08-12-2005, 16:34:52
Originally posted by The Norks
Of course he can. In some ways Cameron is even more sinister because he hasn't told us what he believes or proposes yet in any great detail. At least Blair was upfront. That he later went back on virtually all his promises except the oh so important fox hunting bill is another matter.

God, I'd be reallu suspicious of someone who have us loads of promises now, and as a point in fact Davis made me feel distinctly uncomfortable - all his economic promises when he doesnt have a clue what the situtation will be in 5 years.

Of course I'd worry if we were 2 months away from a GE and Cameron hadn't come up with the goods - but the man has 4-5 years to develop his policy platform. :)

:bounce:

Dyl Ulenspiegel
08-12-2005, 16:36:19
Makes UK politics a lot more interesting, I'd say.

Btw, has Blair's funeral been scheduled? About time, the stench of that rotting corpse is getting a bit annoying....

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:36:44
Originally posted by novacane
I enjoyed the footage from the house of commons yesterday. Cameron actually made me laugh. I'm not fickle enough to get behind any Tory campaign because he's flavour of the month but the freshness he brought to the debating yesterday couldn't have been lost on anyone.

I think the assumption that Gordon Brown will be the next PM won't do Brown any favours. The Tories seem to be after him already, which is a sensible move on their part.

I'm a floating voter.

I'm floating too although I was brought up Marxist/socialist. Voting Conservative in my family is equivalent to joining the Nazi party, maybe a bit worse because we're Scottish.

I wouldn't vote Tory just because Cameron is new and popular but I think new leaders are usually more likely to change the status quo and try and reform things and e is clearly talking about that sort of agenda. I'll wait and see what his policies are. I'm also increasingly attracted to the conservative ideals of individualism- nannying doesn't sit well with me.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:37:10
Originally posted by Dyl Ulenspiegel
Makes UK politics a lot more interesting, I'd say.

Btw, has Blair's funeral been scheduled? About time, the stench of that rotting corpse is getting a bit annoying....

Not yet...

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:39:07
Originally posted by Funko
Cameron was good in PMQs, that doesn't mean much. William Hague was brilliant at PMQs. He'd win and be witty every week, unfortunately he was a short slaphead so he'd never win an election. Shame how that works.

thats true- we'd never re elect Churchill, as Kenneth Clarke proved.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:39:08
Originally posted by The Norks
I'm floating too although I was brought up Marxist/socialist. Voting Conservative in my family is equivalent to joining the Nazi party, maybe a bit worse because we're Scottish.

I wouldn't vote Tory just because Cameron is new and popular but I think new leaders are usually more likely to change the status quo and try and reform things and e is clearly talking about that sort of agenda. I'll wait and see what his policies are. I'm also increasingly attracted to the conservative ideals of individualism- nannying doesn't sit well with me.

I don't like the nannying (I am all for personal freedom) but I also think we (the state) should look after those who can't really look after themselves which makes Lib Dems my closest party.

Despite the fact they have some "we'll never get into power so it doesn't matter how practical they are" weird policies.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:40:21
Originally posted by The Norks
thats true- we'd never re elect Churchill, as Kenneth Clarke proved.

I think Ken Clarke's problem was daring to be pro-European in the Tories.

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:41:20
Originally posted by Kitsuki
God, I'd be reallu suspicious of someone who have us loads of promises now, and as a point in fact Davis made me feel distinctly uncomfortable - all his economic promises when he doesnt have a clue what the situtation will be in 5 years.

Of course I'd worry if we were 2 months away from a GE and Cameron hadn't come up with the goods - but the man has 4-5 years to develop his policy platform. :)

:bounce:

you don't find it worrying that you've elected someone and you have no idea what his beliefs are or what he will propose for the future of the party?

no beliefs are probably scarier than strong beliefs because anything could happen. At least we knew Blair was a soundbite loving turncoat with a penchant for foxes and Britpop.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:44:42
Edit: Ignore that post, I am an idiot.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:45:27
Strong beliefs can take you down the wrong road despite it being wrong. Eg Iraq.

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:46:26
Originally posted by Funko
I don't like the nannying (I am all for personal freedom) but I also think we (the state) should look after those who can't really look after themselves which makes Lib Dems my closest party.

Despite the fact they have some "we'll never get into power so it doesn't matter how practical they are" weird policies.

thats the problem though- they have a duff leader and a shite taxation policy. My tax would double under the Lib Dems, I'm a believer in helping those who need it but not if the price is my own ruination. I'm hoping the new Tory set up will embrace that, rather than adopt the old 'fuck you poor people and Welsh' attitude of the 80's. Kitsuki you are way too young to remember just how much hatred there was for Thatcher and her total lack of compassion, or the devastation she caused to whole communities that we are still paying for, but I hope that people like you are more representative of your party these days. We don't need another cut throat bastard robbing the poor and feeding the rich.

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:48:32
Originally posted by Funko
Strong beliefs can take you down the wrong road despite it being wrong. Eg Iraq.

which is why I no longer vote Labour or believe in Socialism.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:50:47
"My tax would double under the Lib Dems"

No it wouldn't. Local income tax might theoretically double your local tax bill but that's a fraction of the total tax you pay. What you pay in normal income tax and VAT is much higher...

but yes, Local Income Tax is a policy it would be very hard to implement and one that would piss a huge proportion of the population off so I can't see it ever happening. That was at the forefront of my mind when I said the "we'll never get into power so it doesn't matter how practical they are" thing.

King_Ghidra
08-12-2005, 16:51:23
you might as well vote labour, they don't believe in socialism either, arf arf

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:51:29
Originally posted by The Norks
which is why I no longer vote Labour or believe in Socialism.

Voting labour is completely different to believing in socialism?

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:52:03
Too slow, K_G beat me to it. :lol:

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:56:28
Originally posted by Funko
"My tax would double under the Lib Dems"

No it wouldn't. Local income tax might theoretically double your local tax bill but that's a fraction of the total tax you pay. What you pay in normal income tax and VAT is much higher...

but yes, Local Income Tax is a policy it would be very hard to implement and one that would piss a huge proportion of the population off so I can't see it ever happening. That was at the forefront of my mind when I said the "we'll never get into power so it doesn't matter how practical they are" thing.

I meant the local income tax, Mr pedantic.

The Norks
08-12-2005, 16:57:10
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
you might as well vote labour, they don't believe in socialism either, arf arf

well exactly. Unfortunately I don't like the reformed party either.

Funko
08-12-2005, 16:57:10
Originally posted by The Norks
I meant the local income tax, Mr pedantic.

I know, that's what I said. :confused:

Funko
08-12-2005, 17:17:37
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4509994.stm

Labour MP Dennis Skinner has been banned from the Commons for a day for comments about shadow chancellor George Osborne and cocaine.

The claim came as Mr Osborne took on ministers at Treasury questions.

Referring to the 1980s, Mr Skinner said: "The only thing that was growing then was the lines of coke in front of Boy George and the rest of the Tories."

:lol: :lol:

Speaking outside the chamber, a Conservative spokesman said: "When the Labour Party gets personal you know they are rattled.

"It is exactly this kind of behaviour that puts people off politics and which David Cameron's Conservative Party is trying to end."

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's stuff like that that's the best thing about politics. I love the firebrand backbenchers causing havoc. Don't make it stop. :bash: