PDA

View Full Version : NAV!

MattHiggs
02-12-2005, 14:33:11
Terror group launches website competition
01/12/2005 - 18:04:13

An Iraqi terrorist group has launched a competition to design its new website and is offering the winner a chance to fire missiles at a US army base, according to a US-based research institute.

Sunni Muslim group Jaish Al-Taifa Al-Mansura (the Army of the Victorious Group) posted the announcement on several Islamic websites.

It gives would-be designers instructions on what must be included, such as the group’s name, motto and videos.

The winner will be allowed to trigger the launch of three long-range weapons in Iraq from their home computer.

They will also be rewarded by Allah, the group said.

“This blessed move aims to develop the skills and abilities of the brothers who take part in the competition (by inviting them) to design a website which befits the Army’s good reputation, its jihad operations and its fighting,” the group said.

“This is also an opportunity for our brothers outside Iraq to join their brothers on the front line in Iraq.”

The competition was spotted by the Washington-based Middle East Media Research Institute (Memri), which translates Arabic media into English.

It described the competition as “another example of the online propaganda campaign on Islamist forums whose authenticity is difficult to establish”.

A Memri spokesman said they do not take action on such postings as the organisation’s role is simply to disseminate and distribute information.

Win the chance to kill US soldiers.

mr.G
02-12-2005, 15:45:51
i didn't read that.
but i will dooooooo di dooooooooo this just because i like Matt.
Isn't that a pitty post?

Nav
02-12-2005, 19:27:11
wicked will launch design in a bit

Japher
02-12-2005, 19:29:46
I'm with mr. G

well

not literally

MattHiggs
02-12-2005, 19:31:45
Summary:

Terrorists are running a competition to design a website for them. The winner will get to launch three missiles, remotely, at an American military base.

Japher
02-12-2005, 19:33:35
lame

alsieboo
03-12-2005, 01:06:13
whooo, I wanna join in!