PDA

View Full Version : Public Transport

MattHiggs
01-11-2005, 16:15:25
I fucking hate it!

Two of my mates are travelling to Eastern Europe, Asia and Australasia next week so the missus and I went to town on Staurday night with a load of our mates to wish 'em well.

As we were ready quite early we though we'd save ourselves 20 taxi fare and get a bus into Manchester.

All was going well until we hit Salford centre. A woman, drugged up to her tits, got on the bus. The bus was quite empty. About 7 people on board including us. She decided she wasn't going to pay and just stumbled round the front of the bus for about 5 minutes.

The bus driver obviously couldn't be arsed with the hassle so decided to just drive off. The woman was being abusive to the driver telling him to 'get her the fuck to Manchester as her dad owns the fucking police and half of town'.

It took her about 2 minutes to spot two respectable looking girls on their own. She walked straight over and kicked one of them. A big fight broke out and the druggy got pulled back and restrained. The bus driver drove to a police station in the centre of Salford.

He got out of the bus, took the money to the shouts of 'you think I'm a fuckin thief you peado I own the police' etc...

The driver buzzed on the intercom and now at this point I got seriously fucking scared. The woman had made her way into the drivers seat and said she was gonna drive the bus herself. I could tell what everyone else was thinking - surely the bus driver didn't leave the keys behind. She sat there for about 2 minutes fiddling and the driver eventually got back on the bus. The police weren't going to do anything to help!

The girl then came up to my girlfriend and started asking questions - I resisted the urge to stand up and kick ten tonnes of shit out of her smacked up face and just made sure she was a safe distance away from her.

Anyway to cut a hugely long story 'short' we eventually got to Manchester and the druggy refused to leave the bus - we all got off and let the bus driver deal with her.

He was an arsehole anyway for not chucking her off in the first place.

mr.G
01-11-2005, 16:18:55
:rolleyes: you darkstar you

King_Ghidra
01-11-2005, 16:49:07
mad story, but considering the problem here was the fucked-up girl, how did you come to the conclusion that you hate public transport?

you might have been driving your car and she staggered into the road and you hit her, wouldn't mean you should hate cars...

Gary
01-11-2005, 17:01:28
Very public spirited of you all

Nills Lagerbaak
01-11-2005, 17:07:07
Shit like that used to happen almost every day on london buses. The final straw was when some cunt nicked my wallet on the bus, I lesrnied to hate buses after that.

Kitsuki
01-11-2005, 17:09:13
I was thinking of moving to Salford..... Feeling less keen now.

Funko
01-11-2005, 17:09:31
Why would you want to live in Salford?!

Kitsuki
01-11-2005, 17:19:19
Good question.

*End Is Forever*
01-11-2005, 17:35:17
Most of Salford is fine. Like any big city, you get a few idiots.

LoD
01-11-2005, 17:54:24
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
mad story, but considering the problem here was the fucked-up girl, how did you come to the conclusion that you hate public transport?[...]

Good question, especially since the police are fucking required to intervene in such cases.

MattHiggs
01-11-2005, 18:32:54
I used to commute to work every morning. The bus was nearly always late or it just used to drive past because the driver didn't want to be late getting into the station.

I've not had one pleasant experience on a bus. They seem to attract lifes freaks.

Lazarus and the Gimp
01-11-2005, 19:26:46
Buses are evil, and bus drivers are the devil.

"Going postal" isn't a term that translates into British culture particularly well. We all know that US postal workers are embittered loners prone to redecorating sorting offices with their colleague's brains, but on this side of the pond posties are seen as cheerful public servants. Admittedly those students working as temporary Postmen over the Christmas period wouldn't recognise a correct address if it had been tattooed across their girlfriend's labia majora for the last 10 years, but that's no reason to damn a entire profession, is it?

Is it the lack of guns, or the comforting knowledge that we're probably a continent away from Jerry Springer? The closest British equivalent has to be bus drivers. There's a story in the paper tonight about a bus driver speeding away from a crash with the other driver still desperately clinging on to his windscreen wipers. Bus drivers are fucking nuts, aren't they? There was a great case a few years back when the driver of a full double-decker had a bout of road rage and chased after another car for several miles at high speed. This in itself wasn't too spectacular, but he did so down a very steep and winding road down the Avon Gorge- a reliable witness reassures me that passengers were bouncing around like human pinballs.

Second one- I once saw a local TV news feature about speeding coach drivers. They were filming buses and coaches on the motorway from a moving car. One coach driver saw the camera and attempted to run them off the road. They followed him back to the depot whereupon he tried to smack the cameraman and had to be restrained by several colleagues.

I saw one similar incident myself. I was a passenger in a bus involved in a minor crash. The driver just got out, walked over to the other car and just punched the driver in the face through his window. His expression barely changed either. You can bet your arse that all his passengers behaved themselves.

Why do they lose the plot like that? They obviously must have evening classes in surliness and general misery, but is there some sort of optional qualificaion in "Occasional bouts of psychosis"? This comes at a time when the government is trying to push more people onto buses, and I'm starting to wonder if we have enough budding spree-killers to spare.

Greg W
01-11-2005, 19:35:11
Damn straight, those drivers are my heroes. :love:

Walrus Feeder
01-11-2005, 21:55:49
Interesting to tie in your experience in with Labour's latest proposal to ban alcohol on public transport. Sure, no-one wants to spend a long journey with a group of louts who are drinking beer constantly and annoying everybody buy getting drunk, but banning drinking alcohol doesn't stop drunk of drugged up people getting on public transport and acting like dick-heads. It would be ideal to have a regular police presence on public transport but that's not going to happen.

What's also bad is how people just stand back and watch if someone is being harrassed, but on the other hand if you intervene you're likely to get injured or knifed yourself, like that recent instance in London when some yobbo killed a passenger who objected to him throughing chips around, and then managed to just walk calmly off the bus.

King_Ghidra
02-11-2005, 09:26:03
Originally posted by MattHiggs
I've not had one pleasant experience on a bus. They seem to attract lifes freaks.

that's because they're cheap, and they serve the 'common man'

if you take public transport you do have to confront the reality of the lower levels of society

that's not such a bad thing, though not so pleasant as blasting through the world in an air-conditioned car playing your own music, sure

Greg W
02-11-2005, 09:31:07
A "pleasant" experience on a bus would generally be one where nothing untoward happened. If you're expecting a great time, go to a pub or something. Less chance of getting anywhere, but more chance of fun.

*End Is Forever*
02-11-2005, 11:15:31
I commute by train and bus and I've never had a problem.

Gary
02-11-2005, 12:23:16
?!? doesn't that imply you are the problem (and don't know it) ?

The Norks
02-11-2005, 16:52:00
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
that's because they're cheap, and they serve the 'common man'

if you take public transport you do have to confront the reality of the lower levels of society

that's not such a bad thing, though not so pleasant as blasting through the world in an air-conditioned car playing your own music, sure

you're such an unadulterated snob!!!!!!

I love you :heart:

King_Ghidra
03-11-2005, 09:11:57
:D well that's a bit of a misinterpretation, because i was really trying to fight the power for the plebs on the buses and trains (because as a non-driver, i am one myself)

i don't resent the snob tag though :D

TauCeti@Japan
03-11-2005, 09:58:36

alsieboo
03-11-2005, 12:45:11
I like public transport, I get on really well with all my bus drivers and i've never had a single problem with them.

Funko
03-11-2005, 13:04:56
:lol:

Drekkus
03-11-2005, 13:05:59
Isn't there a sign saying you're not allowed to talk to the driver?

mr.G
03-11-2005, 13:14:25
yes but you may give him a quiet
quick blowjob

King_Ghidra
03-11-2005, 13:28:20
that would be more of a pubic transport

Funko
03-11-2005, 13:30:17
I've been resisting making that copycat for ages.

King_Ghidra
03-11-2005, 13:35:16
then i've either stolen your thunder or made it a fait accompli, not sure which

Funko
03-11-2005, 13:36:15
If you wanted my thunder you just had to ask.

Funko
03-11-2005, 13:36:37
I like our avatars in series, it's like Mourinho is calmly responding to your rant.