PDA

View Full Version : WoW Expansion info leaked. New races, lvl 70, 10 many onyxia kills :p

HelloKitty
21-10-2005, 08:26:20
An italian gaming magazine apparently had employees leak scanned copies out early.

Several of the websites with screenshots have been shut down by Blizzard, but hare are some pics and the info I saw.

Name is "The Burning Crusade" which makes sense considering game sites that track those things reported Blizzard submitting trademarks and regestering websites with that name a few months ago.

1- New level cap is 70
2- Blood elves being added (pics below)
3- One pic that is gone supposedly had both blood elves and a pandaran race (Assume it would have to be a joke, but EQ added kitties, and honestly they would fit into the world, so who knows?) "The Alliance consists of FIVE races: The noble human, the adventoures dwarves, the enigmatic night elves, the ingenious gnomes and the affable panderaens." was the added text.
4- No info on content
5- Official announcement will be in a week.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/Elvishstarting.jpg

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/Elvish.jpg

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/bloodelffemaleindigo8am-thumb.jpg

JM^3
21-10-2005, 08:34:27
I just canceled my account

well, I will restart it if I wish

JM

MattHiggs
21-10-2005, 08:37:22
70?!

I don't even have the time to get to 60 :(

King_Ghidra
21-10-2005, 08:55:19
yeah i saw the blood elf pics, look nice, that seems bona fide

saw the faked pics of the the char selection with blood elves and pandaren but as you say, it seems likely it will be pandaren

that's the first i've heard about the level cap being raised. i'd imagine that will mean a major reshuffling of some of the current higher level game content

Mightytree
21-10-2005, 09:35:24
Well, if the official announcement is in a week I rather wait till then before I believe anything. Way too much fake crap around at the moment.

Still, blood elves would be awesome ... :D

Kitsuki
21-10-2005, 10:19:59
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
yeah i saw the blood elf pics, look nice, that seems bona fide

saw the faked pics of the the char selection with blood elves and pandaren but as you say, it seems likely it will be pandaren

that's the first i've heard about the level cap being raised. i'd imagine that will mean a major reshuffling of some of the current higher level game content

The rumour is that is will take *ages* to level these levels up - and you will also have hero classes to contend with...

I'll be playing a blood elf - my true allegiance has always been to Illidan!

Kitsuki
21-10-2005, 12:19:04
(Assume it would have to be a joke, but EQ added kitties, and honestly they would fit into the worldB]

Well, they appeared in WC3 so it wouldnt surprise me; as NPCs at the very least.

LoD
21-10-2005, 14:44:51
That girl elf's hands are HUGE.

HelloKitty
21-10-2005, 16:56:54

Doubtfull. Can you think of more than 2 or 3 times any game has redone "old" content in order to bring it up to the new levels?

All the current high end stuff will become the new gear for people who are not in raid guilds and for twinks of raid guilds while they wait to get leveled up.

The only way it will still be relevent is if they add some sort of requirement for the low gear to suceed in getting the new gear. But that will just piss off people.

Welcome to mudflation.

The new expansion better have lots of new raid content since all the old is going to be worthless. Adding 20 levels in a year is suprising.

MDA
21-10-2005, 18:02:46
there was a lv50 cap?

wow!

I figure I'll hit 60 shortly before this comes out.

HelloKitty
22-10-2005, 00:39:03
Yeah lvl 60 and battlegrounds were supposed to be ready at launch, but both got delayed. lvl 60 was added pretty fast after release though.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
22-10-2005, 01:58:09
Some different info, to be taken with a grain of salt I suppose.

http://www.wowguru.com/forums/showthread.php?p=55141

Contrary information:

Level cap @ 75

New, expansive zones (sounds like the Emerald Dream is the size of the existing world)

Many new high-level instances

Blood Elves (Horde) and Draenei (Alliance)

New class (Spellbreaker)

New start areas for gnomes and trolls

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
22-10-2005, 01:58:57
Blood Elves look too pretty. They should be more evil looking. nothing worse than pink/red skinned night elves, urgh.

HelloKitty
22-10-2005, 05:06:14
WoW. If they raise the cap all the way to 75 all they are doing is using mudflation to prolong game life, since all the top gear from pre-expansion will be completely useless at lvl 75. It took EQ1 4 years to go from lvl 50-65 and people ranted about trivialized content and mudflation and they are already hurting for content.

Although to be fair that post does say it was the "planned" info, so it may have been an old design document. But the wasn't specific, said something like "Blizzard takes up to lvl 70!!!" so it is possible either are true.

HelloKitty
22-10-2005, 05:10:37
Its a fake Qaj, it looks like the guy who did the fake patch notes is trying to stir up trouble by making AEs of himself. "spybot vs Spy Bot".

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
22-10-2005, 05:59:41
Yeah, that's why "take it with a grain of salt" :) Still, it may be fake, but like I said, it fits with the rumors, and the "discovery" of Emerald Dream landscapes in the game etc.

So some of it will make it in. I would have put money on Blood Elves myself before you posted your bit.

Kitsuki
22-10-2005, 09:43:34
Its littered with spelling and grammar mistakes - obvious bollocks.

Mightytree
22-10-2005, 10:19:25
Still, it may be fake, ...

It couldn't be more fake.

Shining1
22-10-2005, 10:42:12
Level 60 was available when the game came out.

Levels above 60 will be interesting as far as talent points are allocated. A level 61 character would be enormously more powerful than a plain level 60 thanks to having a 31 AND 21 special.

HelloKitty
22-10-2005, 18:32:50
You are right, lvl 60 was added a couple weeks before the game went out. I was a month off with my memory.

So some of it will make it in. I would have put money on Blood Elves myself before you posted your bit.

Some of it will make it in because the post you linked to is a combination of the leaked info from a magazine (will make it in) and a cut and past job from 'Idea" threads in the boards (won't make it in).

King_Ghidra
24-10-2005, 08:40:36
something i was wondering, assuming it is blood elves, what will their mounts be? sabers still? having not played the rts games i'm not that au fait with the warcraft lore

for that matter what about pandaren mounts?!

and draenei are more elves right? sigh....

Kitsuki
25-10-2005, 09:58:11
No, the Draenei were the other indiginous race on Draenor other than Orcs. They are difficult to describe - stooped, slightly reptilian creatures that can cloak permanently. The last characteristic makes it unlikely they will appear as a charcater race.

You can find some Draenei, lost on this side of the Dark Portal, in the Northern reaches of the Swamp of Sorrows.

King_Ghidra
25-10-2005, 10:04:11
ah the ones in the blasted lands? i've seen the chaps, they often stumbled into me while i was farming mobs for those blood elf quests

tha would be a shit race, i want pandas. Although i really don't understand from a lore perspective where they live - there isn't another continent out there is there?

Shining1
25-10-2005, 13:26:24
Draenai suck. Who needs ugly alliance... =/

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
25-10-2005, 16:00:06
Uglier than gnomes, you mean?

King_Ghidra
25-10-2005, 16:05:00
those little perverts

Mightytree
25-10-2005, 16:12:43
If Draenai are the ones that I think they are, they'd be the second prettiest Alliance race behind Dwarves.

MDA
25-10-2005, 17:31:03
yep!

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
25-10-2005, 21:11:18
It's about time they had a non-human race, though. Humans are, obviously, human. Dwarfs are short humans, gnomes are really short humans, and elves are purple humans. BOR-ing.

All the horde races are diverse from each other, and are decidedly not human (though humanoid). Cows are, kind of, cuddly, it's a wonder more 12 year olds don't play them. I predict that once the Alliance gets a 'cuddly' race (like Pandaren, if it's true) that'll comprise 80%+ of all logged on Alliance at a given point in time. Horde will still laugh at them though.

Pandaren mounts will be giant pandas, obviously.

King_Ghidra
26-10-2005, 07:56:07
they ride their own kind? :lol:

hmm so blood elves will ride giant blood elves i guess :cute:

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
26-10-2005, 15:52:17

I was thinking more like humans riding STV gorillas (even though they don't, sadly). Regular pandas being the mount for the "evolved" humanoid intelligent pandas. Not knowing what Blood Elves evolved from I couldn't say. Aren't they supposed to have demon blood or something? It'd be cool if they got some gnarly demon-type to ride.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
26-10-2005, 15:53:03
PHd'd myself, how embarrasing. :o

Kitsuki
26-10-2005, 18:57:00
No, they don't.

They were a splinter from the Night Elves - Highborne who worhipped Aszhara, but weren't either warped by the Sundering of the World into Naga, or killed and turned into ghosts. Satyrs are demon-touched night elves, whilst the Harpies are former night elves cursed by Queen Aszhara.

The night elves were originally trolls, transformed by their proximity to the Well of Eternity.

[/canon geek]

HelloKitty
26-10-2005, 20:05:57

Sounds like you are preparing some WoW fanfic.

Pervert.

MDA
27-10-2005, 16:58:03
Originally posted by Kitsuki
No, they don't.

They were a splinter from the Night Elves - Highborne who worhipped Aszhara, but weren't either warped by the Sundering of the World into Naga, or killed and turned into ghosts. Satyrs are demon-touched night elves, whilst the Harpies are former night elves cursed by Queen Aszhara.

The night elves were originally trolls, transformed by their proximity to the Well of Eternity.

[/canon geek]

Right! Next you'll be telling me dwarves used to be earthen.

Mightytree
28-10-2005, 16:00:59
It's official.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/

Kitsuki
28-10-2005, 16:04:35
It has been suggested that some dungeons in outlands allow you to kill Prince Kael, Lord Illidan and Lady Vashj.

May I be the first to say - how the fuck do you square having the Blood Elves (who in the backstory it says wish to reunite themselves with Illidan and co) with them joining the Horde, then presumably killing them!?

I am not a happy bunny - if they fuck up the Blood Elves story, all in a ham-fisted attempt to shoehorn a "pretty race" into the Horde I am going to never forgive Blizzard.

Meh.

King_Ghidra
28-10-2005, 16:18:03
from the looks of things, this is many months away, i hear maybe even late 2006, so i guess i'll stop getting excited now

lots of fanfare about the blood elves and total silence on the alliance race, bah

still amusing to see the forums full of 'horde will boycott blood elves' and suchlike :lol:

MDA
28-10-2005, 16:55:09
An increase in the level cap to 70
Two new playable races, including the magical Blood Elves
New starting zones in Quel'Thalas and beyond
The entire new continent of Outland, reachable through the
Dark Portal
Many new high-level dungeons to explore in Azeroth,
Outland, and elsewhere
New flying mounts in Outland
Many new and dangerous monsters, including epic world
bosses
Hundreds of new quests
Hundreds of new items
A new profession: Jewelcrafting
Socketed items
And much, much more...

Kitsuki
28-10-2005, 17:10:24
from the looks of things, this is many months away, i hear maybe even late 2006, so i guess i'll stop getting excited now

lots of fanfare about the blood elves and total silence on the alliance race, bah

still amusing to see the forums full of 'horde will boycott blood elves' and suchlike :lol:

I keep hearing May/June next year, which would be more acceptable...

But yes - and I hope the Horde doesnt have an influx of Leglolaz's.

MDA
28-10-2005, 17:49:34
plenty of drizzt's too

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
29-10-2005, 03:31:48
So no real surprises, and no real announcement either.