PDA

View Full Version : Domino

King_Ghidra
14-10-2005, 13:32:35
http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Critic_Review/Guardian_review/0,4267,1591301,00.html

Keira's tough act is about as convincing as Boris Johnson doing a live medley of 50 Cent covers

:lol:

After the traumatic death of her goldfish - and the emotional scar tissue is simply piling up - Domino grows up to be a fierce babe with attitude and that exotic first name is a token of how supercool she is. I can only say that Tony Scott here missed a massive opportunity for comedy. Would it have killed him to include a scene where she trips over and bumps into someone, causing them to topple over, hitting someone else, and they topple over, and so on?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So is this new tough routine one for Keira's showreel? An answer is provided in the scene where teenage Domino insists on practising her martial arts moves by the family pool. Her posh mum, played by Jacqueline Bisset, drawls from her lounger in a Kensington accent: "Give the goddam nunchucks a rest, already." You heard your mother. Do give the nunchucks a rest

i'm not sure keira's credibility could be any lower at the moment. perhaps if she films an amateur skin flick with me it might help

Funko
14-10-2005, 13:40:28
Didn't she get really good reviews for that Jane Austen film? Whatever it was called.

King_Ghidra
14-10-2005, 13:45:38
true, embarassingly so in fact:

And this is because of an outstanding performance from Knightley as Lizzy Bennet, which lifts the whole movie. She gives a performance of beauty, delicacy, spirit and wit; in her growing lustre and confidence she is British cinema's answer to Kate Moss, but Moss is a star from the silent era. Knightley is from the talkies. Only a snob, a curmudgeon, or someone with necrophiliac loyalty to the 1995 BBC version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle could fail to enjoy her performance.

Knightley's Lizzy is a naughty sceptic, a droll outsider; a team leader from the awkward squad, much given to fits of giggles and pert backtalk, with sisterly kicks under the table given and received. It is a great moment when she overhears Darcy describe her as merely "tolerable" in looks, and then flings the word in his face before walking insouciantly away. Knightley has demanding, emotional scenes in searching closeup and handles them triumphantly. Her star quality will quite simply roll over you like a tank.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/filmandmusic/story/0,,1570563,00.html

The Norks
14-10-2005, 18:55:46
boys head on a broomstick :cute:

I can't bear to have my beloved archetypal Ehle and Firth version desecrated by Shitely.

BigGameHunter
15-10-2005, 01:14:15
Too bad she's being lured to the dark hollywood gods...Christ, for a fraction of the money (which would still be vastly more than most humans can hope to make) any semi-popular actor could stick to quality film/theater in perpetuity.

But name one...or two...and it is tough.

Fergus & The Brazen Car
15-10-2005, 10:05:09
Domino, but no lesbo.

Tony Scott decided to exclude her lesbianism, presumably on the basis that no one would take the story of a lesbian ex-model cut glass decanter accented bounty hunter in L. A. , who was the daughter of a famous British film star, seriously.