PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Oerdin
26-09-2005, 22:03:21
About a month ago my father was going to throw out a bunch of old boxes he had in his attic and I said I'd take them because I didn't want anything thrown out without going through it first. Today was a slow day at work so I took some comp time off and, since I had nothing better to do, I went through some of the boxes.

Most of it was old board game junk mixed with the odd finger painting my sister or I did in the 70's or 80's but mixed in I found a few really old photo albums my grand mother and/or great grandmother made including several pictures of my deceased mother taken between 1949 (age of 2) and 1964 (age of 17).

There are a bunch of people in these photos whom I do not recognize (likely because they were dead before I was born) so I think I will take them to the next family get together. My mother and grandparents are all dead but I have three aunts from my mother's side as well as my maternal grandfather's brother and my maternal grandmother's sister still alive so maybe they can tell me who these people are. I'm a bit miffed that no one wrote on the back of the photos when they were taken and whom they were of but maybe I can get this nailed down.

Gary
26-09-2005, 22:32:51
Yay ! Wow ! Pump the relatives for info before they're no longer around. Priority.

The Norks
26-09-2005, 22:41:14
no one ever writes on their photos do they? We have reams of photos that have people we have long since forgotten.

Venom
26-09-2005, 22:49:11
Life is made to be forgotten. It's better that way. Photographs are the devil's work.

JM^3
26-09-2005, 22:50:34
I agree...

yesterday is the devil

JM