PDA

View Full Version : Black and White 2 comes out on Oct 4th.

HelloKitty
21-09-2005, 16:52:41
ANyone planning ot get it? Or is everyone, like me, going to wait a few weeks and see if it was the fuck fest B&W 1 and Fable were?

Funko
22-09-2005, 09:36:54
The latter.

Nav
22-09-2005, 10:20:31
Probably not at all I was burned by the first one.

Tizzy
22-09-2005, 10:25:25
I'll wait but I'll probably buy it even if the reviews are bad.

Funko
22-09-2005, 12:07:08
Fuck it, I'll just play Tizzy's then.

Tizzy
22-09-2005, 13:26:33
Ooh, I have a cunning plan, I'll ask Glowworm for it for my birthday then I don't have to buy it :D

Venom
22-09-2005, 13:43:33
So then Glowworm feels bad because he gave you a shitty present.

Funko
22-09-2005, 13:49:45
She.

Tizzy
22-09-2005, 13:51:15
Glowworm has plenty of other things to feel bad about, may as well give her one more.

Venom
22-09-2005, 14:07:53
Originally posted by Funko
She.

You only say that because society trained you to say that. I'm obviously living by a more free set of rules.

Tizzy
22-09-2005, 14:18:33
Free = wrong?

Venom
22-09-2005, 14:20:28
You're the type of person that would have persecuted Gallileo.

fp
22-09-2005, 14:23:10
Gallileo let me go!

Tizzy
22-09-2005, 14:32:50
Damn you fp, I wanted to reply

"No, I would have let him go"

Funko
22-09-2005, 14:55:27
Originally posted by Venom
You only say that because society trained you to say that. I'm obviously living by a more free set of rules.

I guess it's easier being a twat.

Venom
22-09-2005, 15:21:18
There's the voice of experience talking.

Funko
22-09-2005, 15:38:32
I'm going to let you edit that into a better comeback.

Venom
22-09-2005, 15:50:04
I should have said something like "and there's the voice of experience talking."

Yeah, I think I'll go with that.

HelloKitty
05-10-2005, 01:40:43
WOW!

Game shipped today, in stores tomorrow, 1st patch has been announced to be released on the 6th.

lol way to go Q&A.

Something BAD must be wrong for EA to have a group put a patch out hat fast.

Beta1
05-10-2005, 07:22:22
isnt that standardm EA policy - game out day 1, first patch out day 2, patch three a wekk later cos patch one fucked the game up for everyone who it worked for to start with. Then you have to wait 4 months for the patch that actually makes the gameplay work. At least that was the BF2 system.

I'm not buying it. EA can go fuck themselves from now on. They have had enough of my cash.

HelloKitty
05-10-2005, 13:26:49
Nah not standard. EA only patches when they can't avoid it and something MAJOR that will hurt the majority of players rather than just a quarter of them is found. The Sims 2 for instance.

They released the original, released a patch a few months later that only resolved the largest known issues that corrupted your whole game (that hackers had made patches for within the first month).

Then they released the first EP, Sims 2 Uni, that was heralded as one of the buggiest things ever released. A total of 134 game corrupting/lot destroying bugs. 2 months after that the head of Maxis (Tim not Will) made a mistake in an interview and mentioned there was no patch in the works at all and no issues that needed resolved.

Its now been six months since the back lash to that when they said they didn't know about all the issues that were listed that you could read on the forums and bug database on their website that people submitted and that Devs commented on at hacker/modding websites in the release threads for the hacker made fixes for these bugs. So they said they would release a patch. They finished writing and releasing another EP before starting on the patch though, with no mantion at all about what was going on. So only 4 month delay, a couple weeks of one Dev talking about the patch on a website that has the critical fixes hacks. No bug fix list, find out we get to wait until they finish a patch for the new EP so it can be released at the same time as the patch for the old one.

So in all, I would estimate it will be out probbaly only 9 months after the EP started ruining a large number of people's games.

Maxis used to be so great.

Funko
05-10-2005, 14:16:35
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61124

Interesting review. Sounds like it has similar flaws to the first one.

Beta1
05-10-2005, 20:34:26
great review, not so great game by the sound of it

HelloKitty
06-10-2005, 02:20:07
I ead the review as well, but take it with a grain of salt. I was reading the B&W forums and the guy who wrote that has been trolling the forums for months. He has been banned from the official site at least once.

I think a lot of the rant is from that. It would be like Gamespy hiring Tripp to write a Civ 3 review.He even fights and trolls the people making comments on eurogamer's site. All th other reviews I have seen are better, although not glowing.

Most of his points are silly though, all that whining about having to play tutorials and learn to do things even if you choose to skip it, apparently you have to go and spcifically select the tutorials to activate them, or just ignore them.

I will wait to see if the boards and fansites tun into the hellish mess like after B&W1 was out a few weeks.

HelloKitty
06-10-2005, 02:35:18
Well the boards are getting funny.

The patch that comes out the 6th, 2 days after the official release, is not up for downloading.

Poeple are freaking out and the devs are claiming the official release date is the 7th World Wide. Later they backtrack and it turns out the actual release date ranges from the 4th (US) to the 13th!

The patch also will destroy your save files, so if you play for 2 days, you have to restart. Can't even back them up they do not work with the patched version.

The devs have been saying they are waiting for EA to put the patch up for download. then he made an odd statement about it being up ASAP! And something about being done in the next 24 hours.

Lionhead has webcams of their developers. After a couple threads vanished another Dev mentioned they were finishing the patch right now. Its not even done.

:p

I knew Lionhead/EA would provide some laughs. I am going to go play the Sims and hope my game doesn't corrupt. At least Maxis never tells you anything rather than just lying.

HelloKitty
06-10-2005, 20:43:54
heh looks like a second al nighter in a row. there was a problem with the patch they were trying to write and now its delayed another 24 hours. :)

Tizzy
31-10-2005, 10:56:25
This has just landed on my desk.
I wonder what the chances of having a sneaky peak while at work are.....

Tizzy
31-10-2005, 14:01:21
Had a not so sneaky peak, with boss watching over my shoulder.
Damn I hate the tutorials, I know how to play the game goddamnit, just let me play!

HelloKitty
31-10-2005, 16:39:38
I thought I had posted more here but apparently I only continued on MATU boards.

Thanks to unscrupulous friends I played the game.

Here is the game.

1- Do mind numbing tutorials.
2- Slap your monkey.
3- Build a wall and plop down lots of house frames.
4- Wait.
5- Wait.
6- Wait.
7- YOU WIN!!!

The game looks awesome, the creature AI is much better, as a city builder it is pretty damn good. As a game it is completely unchallenging. If you have a wall the only thing you need to do is send your creature out every 20-30 minutes to stomp on the rare catapult.

If you put a single archer on your walls he will, all alone, kill thousands of your opponents troops, since they walk up to your wall and stand there. I suppose you could build tons of troops and take over by force, but why bother when all you need to do is build houses and all the other cities come to you?

I can also tell you what file to change to make your creature capable of growing to a decent size, the game default is pretty tiny when full grown, but its a matter of changing one number in an ini file.

Funko
07-11-2005, 11:12:33
I'm really enjoying it so far.

Playing as almost entirely good (and therefore a lot of it is city building). It isn't very taxing at the moment (as Kitty suggested) although Tizzy says level 5 is a little more taxing but I'm finding it very addictive.

Tizzy
07-11-2005, 11:26:56
It's only getting the city started that's a little harder on level 5, once you get going it's much the same as the others (so far anyway).
The silver scrolls are harder than previous lands though.

I've got really into this too, as expected. If anyone wishes to donate another computer and copy of the game to us in the interest of peace and harmony, feel free :)

Funko
07-11-2005, 11:47:36
True!

It's really disappointing that skirmish and multiplayer aren't there 'in the box' and are just coming in a patch. I can see some replay value playing as good then as evil but not a huge amount. Skirmish/multiplayer would add loads.

Tizzy
09-12-2005, 10:34:18
Finished this last night.

The last land was quite disappointing in the end. It seemed like it was going to be difficult at the start, lots of attacking troops and a volcano taking out a big chunk of my town in about 5 minutes.
But once that passed it was pretty uneventful.
I got bored towards the end and just built a few wonders to get the impressiveness I needed as I couldn't be bothered growing my town big enough to create a large army.

And once finished, through the credits and little end sequence and bang, I'm back in land 2 again?!!!

HelloKitty
09-12-2005, 19:52:32
Yeah, it was pretty bad. I now pledge to only steal lionhead games. I didn't learn from B&W1, or Fable, but now I know.

Resource Consumer
16-12-2005, 15:26:33
I am so glad that I did not break down and buy this

Tizzy
16-12-2005, 16:08:00
It is worth playing, I really enjoyed it