PDA

View Full Version : Just found out my first school placement


Beta1
21-09-2005, 16:21:54
I've got Greycourt school in ham (just down the river from richmond). It will mean a 50 minute bike ride to get there but it looks pretty nice. Was having trouble in 2001 and was threatenned with special measures by ofsted but has now turned around and got a pretty good report in 2003-2004. Its a good mid table school, more special need kids than usual (about 15%) but only 1.5% have serious enough needs to be officially statemented. About 60% get 5 A-C GCSEs, over 90% get 5 A-G.

Sounds like a good training school.

One of the girls from the course has drawn the Tiffin's Girls school.

Thats the 5th best state school in the country, and a selective grammar school. Something tells me she won't be having much behaviour management issues.

Another girl has draw carsholt boys school. She is rather more apprehensive...

fp
21-09-2005, 17:05:50
Originally posted by Beta1

Thats the 5th best state school in the country, and a selective grammar school. Something tells me she won't be having much behaviour management issues.


This isn't necessarily a good thing for her. If she can't get a job in a similar school when she qualifies then she'll find it tough getting in anywhere. The tougher schools will know she had an easy ride on placement and will be hesitant trusting her with a roomful of 14 year old thieves and drug addicts.

MDA
21-09-2005, 17:25:48
good luck out there :beer:

Beta1
21-09-2005, 18:47:56
Originally posted by fp
This isn't necessarily a good thing for her. If she can't get a job in a similar school when she qualifies then she'll find it tough getting in anywhere. The tougher schools will know she had an easy ride on placement and will be hesitant trusting her with a roomful of 14 year old thieves and drug addicts.

thats kind of my thoughts to.

She has to do a second longer placement in the spring/summer. My guess is that they are saving up a real stinker of a school for the second one.

Lazarus and the Gimp
21-09-2005, 19:45:32
Like my secondary school. Snakepit Comprehensive. It was like "Lord of the flies" in polyester ties.

fp
22-09-2005, 07:19:52
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
It was like "Lord of the flies" in polyester ties.

Awesome rap lyric.