PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak 2 client

MDA
14-09-2005, 12:35:05
my microphone (not a headset) isn't broadcasting in any way shape or form - I'm sure its a mixer or volume control setting somewhere, but I could swear I looked at everything - I receive sound just fine.

no worky - same result for 3 of 4 of us - ironically the youngest in the group got it to work fine

I'm guessing I missed a checkbox or something... somewhere.

Internal testing (whatever its called) in the options for TS2 does not work - I get the green light when I hold down the send key I mapped - but no one hears me.

Sound card is an Audigy 2 platinum. I am now confident that the microphone is in the correct jack, but that's about it.

Don't seem to have any access to the creative mixer (not installed?) - I have messed around in the Creative sound stuff and the control panel sound stuff looking for clues.

Will try looking for updated sound drivers tonight and dig around in the volume controls, revisit everything I did late last night, etc.

Will also try recording or using microphone with something outside TS2 - it might be time to reinstall Dangerous Waters and see if it will respond to voice commands.

Beta1
14-09-2005, 18:09:36
if you use the windows sound recorder can you actually record anything?

Check the line in isn't muted on the volume panel.

'Bout the only idea i have!

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
14-09-2005, 21:47:30
Originally posted by MDA
...ironically the youngest in the group got it to work fine

How is that ironic? I thought it was accepted tha the younger you are the more adept with technology you were. re: 10 years olds that program the VCR while their parents are content to let it flash 12:00 etc.

Ironic would be a group of techies who can't get it to work, but the guy who's a janitor does.

Are you from Canada originally?

I second Beta's advice, although the fact that all but one of you was having the same problem probably means that you don't all have dud microphones.

If you continue having probs, try a different talkie program, Ventrillo, or Netmeeting or something.

MDA
15-09-2005, 12:14:36
We have two tech support people in the guild :lol:

I got it working. Missed a checkbox marking the microphone as a recording device. I knew it would be something... winterclothes.