PDA

View Full Version : Time to roll out those cheese puns.

Funko
12-09-2005, 16:07:34
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/4237402.stm

A Gloucestershire cheese is starring in the new Wallace and Gromit movie, which is due to be released on Thursday.

Stinking Bishop is said to be derived from a cheese once made by Cistercian monks in the village of Dymock.

Its creator, farmer Charles Martell, said its potent smell was the result of washing the rind in a pear cider.

In Curse of the Were Rabbit, Wallace, who is well known for liking strong cheese, finds the ultimate challenge in Stinking Bishop.

Mr Martell said he was flattered to be asked for permission to use the cheese in the film, but feared the publicity could prove a mixed blessing.

"We're a tiny little company making about 100 cheeses a day and when the whole world wants a slice of cheese, I don't quite know how we're going to manage it," he said.

"I'm just a little old cheesemaker on a farm keeping my head down and out of trouble.

"We're limited for space. We've got two people making the cheese. If we get another one, where will we park the car?"

The film, directed by Bristol-based Nick Park, received its world premiere in Sydney on 4 September.

It features characters voiced by Ralph Fiennes, Helena Bonham Carter and comedian Peter Kay.

:lol:

Gary
12-09-2005, 16:17:55
It's simple, any non-regular buyer is quoted a sky high price until sales match ability to supply :)

Venom
12-09-2005, 16:18:22
Riiiiiiight.

Nills Lagerbaak
12-09-2005, 16:22:07
I think it's about time people realised there already is a perfectly good word for pear cider: Perry.